I loaded a bunch of ringtones, pics and music on my card and I noticed that my phone slowed down A LOT! Verizon said it couldn't be the card because it is external mem. I don't believe that! Do you think a larger card woould be better or a different card all together? what do you recomend? thank you! I have the 2gig mini sd from verizon.
    11-29-07 01:27 AM
    Is it a Sandisk SD or another brand? I know most other SD cards are relatively slower than Sandisks. I don't think it could be your SD card though, what was the last application you installed on your crackberry?
    11-29-07 01:49 AM
    I have 2GB Sandisk and system is same as with 128MB default card...
    11-29-07 03:02 AM
    yes it's a sandisk and I can't tell you what the last thing was that I downloaded accept a huge amount of music, pics and ringtones. which I then deleted because my system was so slow.
    11-29-07 03:08 AM
    Hey Lillygirl, I would wipe the handheld down and start again, actually try reformatting the card first before wiping the whole handheld down..

Thx
    11-29-07 10:18 AM
    Doc I'm kinda a **** when it comes to computer stuff.
    1. How do I format the card
    2. how do I not loose everything on my card when I format?
    Thanks!
    11-29-07 12:21 PM
    Well any formatting on any card will delete all info on that card. You can format on your phone or on your computer but I don't know which is better. I had issues when I did it via the computer then I tried it twice via phone and haven't had problems since. Its sucks to reload everything again. I know your pain. Good luck.
    11-29-07 01:14 PM
    The first day I got my Sandisk MicroSD I loaded more than 100 mp3s and numerous wallpapers, I didn't notice any lag at all.. Maybe you should just copy all your stuff on the SD with desktop manager to your PC, then format it and then copy everything back to the SD.
    11-30-07 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD