According to the manual of this phone, 1XEV means you have the best connection with Data... Whenever I come out of the tunnel or subway from NYC, I still have this signal, but when I access the browser, the little blue arrows illustrating Data coming in never works. I can't acces anything....
    What is going on?
    I'm really getting tired of taking the battery out. To me that makes this phone a PofS.
    Please convince me I should not return it.
    12-18-07 08:10 AM
    According to the manual of this phone, 1XEV means you have the best connection with Data... Whenever I come out of the tunnel or subway from NYC, I still have this signal, but when I access the browser, the little blue arrows illustrating Data coming in never works. I can't acces anything....
    What is going on?
    I'm really getting tired of taking the battery out. To me that makes this phone a PofS.
    Please convince me I should not return it.
    I live in NJ and work in NYC. When I take the train into the City from Rutherford my signal gets weird when going through the Meadowlands(I dialed a number from address book and it connected me to my cousin which wasn't the number I was calling even though it says it called the other number and doesn't show her). When I go in and out of the tunnel I lose data connection but it always comes back. Give it about to clear the tunnel when coming out so you're gettin a clear signal and not some left over not fully connected signal in the tunnel. No need to pull the battery.
    12-18-07 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD