my missed call icon is stuck on the homescreen and i cant get it to go away. its been up there for like a month. i posted a thread a while back and asked how to get rid of it and somebody said restore everything or something and i dont even know how to do that!

help!
    09-03-08 08:00 AM
    Go to messages, hit menu, view folder, missed calls, make sure u are at the very top of the list, hit menu, delete prior....should solve it?
    09-03-08 08:37 AM
    Mine too! Ive cleared it out and resent service books. Ive loaded new themes. Ive cleared all old messages AND I did the battery pull with no avail. If anyone knows how to get rid of it I would so happY!
    09-03-08 08:38 AM
    try the battery pull leave it out for like a min or somthing and delete all messeges
    09-03-08 03:14 PM
    I've tried ALL of the obvious stuff and am getting nowhere...

soft reset
    battery pull
    erase call logs
    erase event log
    switched themes

I don't want to do a wipe / restore -- that scares me, please anyone???

I scoured the forums, this problem seems to very common and there is no one that can find a solution. Let's challenge someone to be forum seperhero of the week and figure out a solution that doesn't involve wipe / restore.

Whoever solves this for me can send me a picture of themselves looking smart and I promise to have their gloating face as my home page background for a week.
    09-04-08 12:33 AM
    If you have checked all of the message folders like you say and you have done a reset... then the only option I can honestly see is the wipe/restore

Sorry... but it is not that hard and it will fix the problem. Many people have gone thru this and I tell them these steps and it gets them through!

1) Backup device with desktop manager (if you sync with outlook, do that as well)
    2) Back up third party applications (there is a guide by Crucial in the HowTo section
    3) Wipe device (options / security options / general settings / menu / wipe handheld)
    4) Restore data and apps from backups in steps 1 and 2

You will be good to go. All data will be restored along with all apps. No worries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 12:53 AM
    would you suggest pulling memory card and disconnecting from DM prior to wiping?
    09-04-08 01:14 AM
    I pulled the micro memory card disconnested and am doing the wipe, this is scaring the **** out of me. I'll keep you posted
    09-04-08 01:18 AM
    this is not for the faint of heart, either that or I'm a wimp
    09-04-08 01:20 AM
    wow!!! that is not to taken lightly, had to resore all of my settings for BBWeather, Empower email reader, BBalarms, BBshortcuts, Vlingo, etc -- I probably missed a few in the process, but..... drum roll please..... the blasted icon is gone, thanks to all!!
    09-04-08 01:54 AM
    Glad you got rid of the icon!!
    09-04-08 11:59 AM
    Yes it's gone, thanks to the help of many members and their posts. I had to call VZW for something else this morning (billing question) and I asked them if my service was screwed up since I did the whole wipe, restore thing. I got an email from VZW "welcoming" me. I was just concerned about that. The VZW rep asked why I wiped & resored. i explaied and they said I could have called their tech support and had someone "walk me thru the process" of deleting a missed call icon error. I already fixed the problem but was just interested in what they would say, so I asked to be transferred. I got a PDA expert on the phone, explained that I my problem and asked what to do....he was stumped and had absolutely nothing for me - his only solution was soft reset.

Crackberry has proved once again where the REAL experts are. I searched the forums last night for info on missed call icons and had a wealth of infomation. You guys ROCK!
    09-04-08 12:34 PM
    ok! well how do i do a restore!?! i still dont know how!!!!
    09-04-08 12:57 PM
    ok! well how do i do a restore!?! i still dont know how!!!!
    I did a forum search last night and found step by step instructions for wipe / restore. it's out there - look deep. look for ther tutorial from a member named Crucial Xtreme. I think it was under "tips, ,tricks, how-to" forum under the thread about backing up 3rd party apps. I don't know how to add forum links to posts. if all your concerned about is resoring, then..... if you've recently backed up thru DM, then just connect the berry to DM and click the "restore" icon. I know the idea sounds overwhelming, but trust me it's not hard.
    09-04-08 01:04 PM
    lol i know nothing about blackberrys. i just have one cause i thought it was prety nifty i dont really have time to mes around with it all the time i wish i did. the poor things beat to **** with cracks scratches and missing pieces. plus a 1x call icon thats been up there for months. lol ill figure it out and search for stuff but i feel bad for my very abused pink bb! lol thanks
    09-04-08 01:06 PM
    lol i know nothing about blackberrys. i just have one cause i thought it was prety nifty i dont really have time to mes around with it all the time i wish i did. the poor things beat to **** with cracks scratches and missing pieces. plus a 1x call icon thats been up there for months. lol ill figure it out and search for stuff but i feel bad for my very abused pink bb! lol thanks
    the berry will forgive you -- it seeks to please its' master. However, I don't know if the members of the forum will forgive you for neglecting your berry - not knowing how to optmially use is fine - we all were newbies once - but cracks and scratches - that's just punishable!
    09-04-08 01:09 PM
    wow. that was easy. its gone now. hah go me
    09-04-08 01:24 PM
    the berry will forgive you -- it seeks to please its' master. However, I don't know if the members of the forum will forgive you for neglecting your berry - not knowing how to optmially use is fine - we all were newbies once - but cracks and scratches - that's just punishable!
    i know its so bad a i had a crack on the corner and i went to see how bad it was and the piece fell out!! ive only dropped it once but it was a good once. its got dents and dings. the poor pooor very abused blackberry. i figured out everything and got the icon to go away. so its good! ill try to take better care of the poor berry...it came to a very abusive home- i go through cell phones like i dont even know. the BB is my 4 this year so far...and i got it like in june...so yeah 4 phones in 6 months..pretty sad. im trying to take care of this one though! i was anal about it for like a month and then i couldnt do it anymore..but she still works so thats good enough for me! its tough love for me and the bb
    Last edited by messyjessy; 09-04-08 at 01:30 PM.
    09-04-08 01:27 PM
    I've had the same issue for about 3 weeks, I remember the day it happened actually and have done all the usual methods so here goes.... please tell me my phone won't implode I'll give you results soon.
    09-05-08 07:00 PM
    Yes it's gone and everything is back, that took all of 5 minutes.
    09-05-08 07:06 PM
    I have 3 Messages icon stuck on the top of my phone, it won't go away and I've done the battery pull reboot and all.. I'm not wiping out my phone I've got too much info in here. What the **** do I do?
    09-05-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD