I have three email accounts on my 8130, and recently my yahoo.com address keeps showing 1 unread email message, and their isn't one. I have searched in the forums and nothing is relevant. How do I get that indicator to go away without eliminating the "new unread messages" icon? Thank you in advance.
    02-14-09 11:58 AM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    02-14-09 12:25 PM
    Did you try pressing the star key? It goes to any unread message I believe.
    02-14-09 01:42 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?
    That fixed it...looks like that's typically the answer for everything! Thanks!
    02-15-09 05:29 PM
    That was a ghost message. Noramlly battery pull will always fix it.
    02-16-09 10:09 PM
    That fixed it...looks like that's typically the answer for everything! Thanks!
    Lol it doesn't always fix things but it does work for lots of scenarios...
    02-16-09 10:16 PM
    The problem with the battery pull is that it totally reshuffles my home screen.

I'm using the Today Plus theme on my 8320 - it is the perfect theme for the way I use my BlackBerry. I have set my home screen icons to show the ones I need, to hide the ones I don't need, and to have them in the order I prefer. After upgrading to the new operating software, I have encountered a number of frustrating things with my phone.

1. The unread message icon will stay on for no apparent reason. There is no unread message anywhere on my phone - saved, deleted, anywhere. Yet this indicator will not go away. The only way to fix it is a battery pull.

2. If you pull the battery, it totally screws up your icon settings. My home screen icons reappear in a random order, with several hidden that were visible, and several visible that were hidden. I have to go through after every battery pull to reset my preferred home screen icons.

What the heck is going on? This needs a fix, immediately. Rather than doing a battery pull, why not find out what is causing this indicator to come on in the first place?

Very frustrating.
    02-17-09 11:09 AM
    Ok go messages, options, view folders
    Check browser messages
    U might have one there

If it really calls for a battery pull and u don't wanna do that, a soft reset will do
    Get quickpull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 11:16 AM
    After the battery pull, there is no icon. No browser messages...

I've tried soft resets and it won't clear the icon reliably.

I'll check out quickpull.

This is a serious bug that needs to be addressed. It has created an unstable condition on my phone -- I know it will screw up on this again and again until something is fixed. There is no "work around" to avoid it other than change themes... and I'm not sure that will ultimately solve the problem.
    02-17-09 11:25 AM
    Did you try pressing the star key? It goes to any unread message I believe.
    Pressing the * key once only dials it and holding it down locks the keyboard.

I was having the same problem, but it turned out that deep down the list, there was indeed an unread message. Probably just me.
    02-17-09 01:08 PM
    dude/dudette, i had literally the same exact problem. DO NOT battery pull go to ur messages, hit menu, go down to saved messages and there shud be that one little buggah right there. hope i helped.
    02-19-10 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD