Can this be done. I'm using a 2nd hand Pearl but it still has contacts from the previous owner and I want to delete all his contacts and start again.

Should I do a reset and if so how is this done?

i can delete them one by one but this will be tedious.

Thanks
    James
    01-11-08 07:20 AM
    If there is nothing on the phone you care about keeping you could wipe the handset.

Options>> Security Options>> General Settings>> Menu button (left of trackball) select Wipe Handheld

Other than that I think you'd have to delete the contacts one by one.
    01-11-08 10:32 AM
    Connect BB to computer, run Desktop manager. Select backup, advanced. This will show all databases on your BB, select address book and then clear.
    01-11-08 10:47 AM
    ralarosa beat me to it... that will work perfect.
    01-11-08 10:59 AM
    I've done a wipe which obviously has wiped the numbers but now when I boot it up its looking like its gone into safe mode.

How do I get the normal menu with all the apllications etc.
    01-11-08 12:02 PM
    You need to choose a theme. Go to Options (looks like a swiss army knife in the black and white theme) and scroll down to themes. Choose a theme.

There was no need to wipe the entire device, though. Did you miss the post above about clearing the address book database?
    01-11-08 12:18 PM
    If there is nothing on the phone you care about keeping you could wipe the handset.

Options>> Security Options>> General Settings>> Menu button (left of trackball) select Wipe Handheld

Other than that I think you'd have to delete the contacts one by one.
    will that wipe all of the games and applications that are downloaded to the phone?
    07-08-09 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD