Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM Me =]
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Technical Users: Recover Data from Broken BB?

Let's assume I dropped the phone and it's now physically broken. Battery terminals are relocated to the ground, and other stuff. I'm unsure that the SIM card stored backups of my contacts, and I know it didn't backup my pictures, so is it possible to extract the solid state internal storage device and retrieve the data from it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,260 Global Posts

My wife damaged hers pretty good LCD cracked and all. I was able to get it home and connect to DM and work through it and recover most of the data. That is my experience with it, hope I add something here.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM Me =]
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

As the battery terminals aren't connected anymore, I doubt USB connection will work. If it will without the battery, let me know.
    Developer - Custom Web Shortcuts

Not sure but post back if it works
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have bb storm, damaged the touch screen, no longer useable, cannot see anything, touch anything. it still takes a charge, and when i connect to laptop, computer registers the hardware, but i believe in order to access any data on it, i need to use the phone to allow the pc to access? is there any way around this as i cannot use the phone?

thanks