CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Scrubbing and Wiping?

My pearl is "scrubbing" right now.. what does that mean? Apparently I have to wait 37 minutes until it finishes. I can't do anything on my phone. It's practically locked.. whats the deal? Pleaaseeeeeee help.
    CrackBerry User

Scrubbing

One handy feature of the OS is the scrubbing after wiping feature.

RIM defines it as the following -

"the process of rewriting over memory to remove any residual unmapped data on the BlackBerry device. The scrubbing process could take up to several hours."

I am still trying to find out the exact details of scrubbing, as it is still a bit hazy, would love to post the exact method used.

i like this part -

"Note: Once scrubbing has been triggered, there is no way of stopping it. The process must be fully completed before the BlackBerry device may be used. Removing and reinserting the battery of the BlackBerry device will only start the scrubbing process again from the beginning.

The duration of the scrubbing process depends on factors such as the actual processor speed of the BlackBerry device, the amount of memory that it has, and the actual memory speed."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Never really heard of it, sorry, but I am curious.
    I did bunch of stupid stuff to my phone but never came across this stuff.
    How do you get your phone to start scrubbing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Give credit where credits due....

Quote Originally Posted by 2kids3pets View Post
    Scrubbing

One handy feature of the OS is the scrubbing after wiping feature.

RIM defines it as the following -

"the process of rewriting over memory to remove any residual unmapped data on the BlackBerry device. The scrubbing process could take up to several hours."

I am still trying to find out the exact details of scrubbing, as it is still a bit hazy, would love to post the exact method used.

i like this part -

"Note: Once scrubbing has been triggered, there is no way of stopping it. The process must be fully completed before the BlackBerry device may be used. Removing and reinserting the battery of the BlackBerry device will only start the scrubbing process again from the beginning.

The duration of the scrubbing process depends on factors such as the actual processor speed of the BlackBerry device, the amount of memory that it has, and the actual memory speed."
    I don't mind you using my knowledge but please link to my site when you do.

Thanks

ashleyarmitt.blogspot.com/2007/11/scrubbing.html - Crack'n the Blackberry - Scrubbing

CrackBerry Newbie

why does it do this tho? i mean i didnt do anything to my blackberry and it started to wipe itself, i hope it doesnt clear everything like my MOTO Q9c did when it decided to take matters into its own hands, mind u i am new to blackberry lol
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Which Tooth Whitening Products!

Hello People,

Looking for information about what is the cheapest tooth whitening goods to purchase?

I find it is rather hard to source the correct information as far as I can see. this person tells you one thing and a different place tells you something completely different!
    And, I thought the easiest thing to do is get practical information from you people as you could have personal knowledge re these things.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance folks.