Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Saving to sim card

All of my contacts, pictures, ringtones etc. are save directly to my phone. I got another and I need to save everything to my sim card so i can change phones. How do I do that?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

You can save your phone numbers ONLY, and only ONE at a time, back to your SIM card. No pictures or addresses.

If it is another BlackBerry, use backup/restore or Switch Device Wizard from Desktop Manager, or sync to Outlook and back.

Good luck.
    Follow me on Twitter
    A great resource for Crackheads:
    Official RIM Support Forums
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

i personally think it's absurd that RIM doesn't support some type of transfer all to sim and vice versa feature...i've had a lot of simple phones in my day and they could all copy the entire address book to and from the sim card with ease

the curve is a great phone but that is a feature that can cause problems for people. my only suggestion is make sure you sync the BB contacts with outlook so that you can sync them with your new phone in the future...of course, you'll have to pray that your new phone supports syncing with the Compy
    CrackBerry Genius

It's because the BB's address book is far more advanced than the sim card address book. The BB doesn't even need a sim card address book.

There is a feature to transfer a sim card address book to the BB address book, just not the other way around.
    Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418
    Z10STL100-3 / 10.3.1.938
    Q10SQN100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

pfftt. The curve is way more advanced that just being able to save your contacts to your SIM. Heck, all you can save is one number per contact, and none of the addresses, email addresses, etc. Most people would be a fussin' then that "RIM did get all my addresses, only my phone numbers" blah blah.

It works the way it is was designed, which is much more advanced than the former.

For your car, what if they left the option there for a horse team harness and a mule diaper, just in case some user demanded they still wanted to hook 6 horses or oxen to pull... would that make sense?

Technology advances... please don't beg for it to go backward.
    Follow me on Twitter
    A great resource for Crackheads:
    Official RIM Support Forums
    CrackBerry Newbie

I dont agree that ONLY one contact number at a time is ADVANCED. It sucks.
    The only thing this encougares is to STAY with Blackberry. I am ready to bite the bullet and go to DROID. At least they also have a GPS that works.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,904 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B681AED

Quote Originally Posted by jdossey View Post
    The only thing this encougares is to STAY with Blackberry. I am ready to bite the bullet and go to DROID. At least they also have a GPS that works.
    Not a damn thing stopping you. Sync with Outlook or GMail, bite the bullet and leave.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    -= Back in Black =-
    Sorry I left you for 3 months.........
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Install blackberry desktop software and make a backup on a PC / MAC
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,669 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdossey View Post
    Oh?

Let me know when you discover a way to add more information to a SIM card;

iirc SIM cards are only designed to hold simple entries that only have a name and a phone number.

update: Yes, but also SMS history (I forgot about that)
    Most SIM cards will orthogonally store a number of SMS messages and phone book contacts. The contacts are stored in simple 'Name and number' pairs: entries containing multiple phone numbers and additional phone numbers will usually not be stored on the SIM card. When a user tries to copy such entries to a SIM the handset's software will break them up into multiple entries, discarding any information that isn't a phone number. The number of contacts and messages stored depends on the SIM; early models would store as few as 5 messages and 20 contacts while modern SIM cards can usually store over 250 contacts.
    Last edited by grahamf; 10-13-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ashlie02 View Post
    All of my contacts, pictures, ringtones etc. are save directly to my phone. I got another and I need to save everything to my sim card so i can change phones. How do I do that?
    I've used the use backup or Switch Device Wizard from Desktop Manage to copy to a new blackberry phone that I've purchased. Works really well!