Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default IT Policy and Opera Mini Browser

I only recently downloaded Opera Mini Browser onto my BB Pearl 8100 however during the installation process I receive an error prompt stating " The application operette$2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT Policy". After which I receive "failed to connect to the internet" and I am them directed to go to the Opera website from a desktop computer. This is my personal cellphone so I should not be receiving any error messages in regard to an IT Policy. Any help will be appreciated.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,146 Global Posts

Did you buy the phone used? If so, the previous owner used it as a work phone and left the IT Policy installed. Look in Options / Security Options / Firewall. If it is enabled and has a small red padlock icon, you have an IT Policy controlling the firewall. You can remove it, but it won't be easy. IT policies were never intended to be removed by users.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...-policy-34665/
    CrackBerry Newbie

the application frontcontrol has attempted to open a connection to a location in the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by the it policy....this is the message that appears after i download a new app for the blackberry
    CrackBerry Newbie

the application frontcontrol has attempted to open a connection to a location in the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by the it policy....this is the message that appears after i download a new app for the blackberry.....how do i fix this problem?