Newest 8100 OS:v126.96.36.199 (Multilanguage)
01-07-09 05:18 PM
For BlackBerry Pearl (TM) 8100 smartphone BlackBerry Handheld Software v188.8.131.52 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 184.108.40.206
* Applications: 220.127.116.11
* Software Platform
* File name: 8100M_PBr4.5.0_rel139_PL18.104.22.168_A22.214.171.124_Rogers .exe
* File size: 78.48MB
This download is from Rogers but will work on ANY carrier's 8100 model BB. (Not 8110, 8120 or 8130)
1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.11-29-08 01:54 AM
- I think .99 was a beta because in certain languages as spanish many options was not translated correctly, mediacard was not read in the right way i have microsd of 4GB a lot of times showed searching and was more slow than .81, in fact i made a downgrade because of this...
I hope this new OS will fill our expectatios.
Regards.11-29-08 04:08 PM
I had, by mistake, loaded the beta version last week and then found this on Rogers wireless website, so it is official and secure download straight from BlackBerry. Don't know why it hasn't been listed in the sticky yet...12-02-08 12:43 AM
- The upgrade is not working for me. I confirmed I am still on v99 and not 102.
I deleted the vendor.xml file, but when I run the loader, it goes through the steps, reads the device config, gives me the option to add or remove apps already loaded, then goes to the last step which says 'No actions are required.' Any suggestions?12-02-08 07:52 AM
'Beta' is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to a limited number of users for software testing before its official release. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.
A 'beta version' is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.
Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia12-02-08 03:45 PM
- Downloaded it and running .102 now.
Just wanted to try it because .99 was getting slow.
So far so good.
Seems fast but .99 seemed also fast the first 2 weeks.
Not noticing any new options yet.
Did the upgrade using 4.5 DM and with 2Gb SD card still inside.
All 12 apps survived and I am running on 20Mb now.
Other users also pls reply with their findings.
Thx Honda12-03-08 02:45 PM
The hourglass seems now my standard image.
Sometimes .102 is really fast, then suddenly for no reason switching from addressbook to read email takes ages.
And in one day I went from 20Mb to 11Mb.
Wonder if that is all only and because of Viigo.
Had todo a hard reset after 2 times "App Error 200"
And one time "Java Unknown blablabla out of memory error"
Thinking of downgrading now, but to what? .69 .81 .99 ????
In the end my most stable OS was .69
Anyone else having issues???12-04-08 11:38 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Newest 8100 OS:v126.96.36.199 (Multilanguage)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD