Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation my camera won't work HELP ME!!!

when i go onto the camera on my blackberry pearl 8100 this message comes up "could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."

i don't know what to do??? how do you close applications??? or how do you get the camera working???

please help!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Strongbow, please.

Pull your battery, clear your event log.
    Member# 4563
    Be a CrackBerry Commando!
    SEARCH AND ENJOY! LMGTFY
    Forum Rules and Policies - Posting Guidelines
    :: BlackBerry FAQ
    ALT + left cap = NUMLOCK : ALT + right cap = CAPSLOCK
    Follow me on Twitter. I triple-dog-dare ya!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Nope Don't Work!!!!!!!!!!! Help Me Ppeople
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

hello? people are you there?
    CrackBerry Genius

We're here. Sometimes it takes more than 8 minutes to get a solution to your problem.

I think I recommended on another forum that you get your device replaced by your carrier. You can try transferring any pictures to your pc and/or reloading the OS first just to see if that helps.
    Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418
    Z10STL100-3 / 10.3.1.938
    Q10SQN100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking Works for me

BB 8100

I have had this problem for the last 4 month after upgrading the OS. The camera never worked, but... two or three times, after taking the phone from my pocket, I saw that the camera was working (the phone was not locked). Then, I wondered why the camera worked in my pocket and not when I tried to make it works.
    I have realized that if you put your finger covering the flash when you try to start the camera, the camera will start without problems. Not sure if this will work for you.
    Last edited by apedro15; 04-28-2008 at 06:53 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Wow - I have been plagued with the camera not starting mystery for a year now. Tried killing apps, upgrading OS, everything. So far the finger over the flash working like a charm - great troubleshooting apedro15!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    317FE897

Sounds like a problem with your camera. I would also recommend you take it back. My camera has never had those types of issues.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same problem/message. I couldnt figure out what was wrong for weeks. meanwhile one of the apps on my cell (ubertwitter) kept asking me to upgrade because the version i was using was going to expire soon. i never connected the two together but when i finally updated the ubertwitter app my camera started working again. i suggest anyone with the same problem to updated the ubertwitter app or any app that might need an update.

good luck.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by arjun15 View Post
    when i go onto the camera on my blackberry pearl 8100 this message comes up "could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again."

i don't know what to do??? how do you close applications??? or how do you get the camera working???

please help!!!!!
    I have been having problems with my camera as well. I just got this message for the first time today when I tried to start the camera with my finger over the flash. Before that, when I was starting my camera, I just get a blank screen and it will not let me take a picture. And when I exit out of the camera, I cannot see my home screen. There is a big black box over the center of the screen or even my regular background picture, but I cannot see my icons. Anyone else with this issue? The only way I can get my regular home screen back is to pull the battery and restart that way.

I have another issue-- with the memory card-- which I will post separately.

My phone is T-mobile branded, but unlocked. I am running 4.5.0.110 for ATT and using ATT service. My wife also has an 8100 running the same OS, but the phone is ATT branded/unlocked.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by irad8u View Post
    I have been having problems with my camera as well. I just got this message for the first time today when I tried to start the camera with my finger over the flash. Before that, when I was starting my camera, I just get a blank screen and it will not let me take a picture. And when I exit out of the camera, I cannot see my home screen. There is a big black box over the center of the screen or even my regular background picture, but I cannot see my icons. Anyone else with this issue? The only way I can get my regular home screen back is to pull the battery and restart that way.

I have another issue-- with the memory card-- which I will post separately.

My phone is T-mobile branded, but unlocked. I am running 4.5.0.110 for ATT and using ATT service. My wife also has an 8100 running the same OS, but the phone is ATT branded/unlocked.

Any advice will be appreciated.
    What is your file free memory at? Sounds like your running at the bare minimum to operate the device.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    What is your file free memory at? Sounds like your running at the bare minimum to operate the device.
    This is a new problem, and I have not added any programs recently.

I looked under STATUS, and it shows file free as 28834977 bytes...

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by irad8u View Post
    This is a new problem, and I have not added any programs recently.

I looked under STATUS, and it shows file free as 28834977 bytes...
    Ok, so it's not your memory. Sounds like hardware. Just speculating, but your two problems might be Inter-related. Can you store media on your SD? Figured I'd just combine the issues for now and keep it all on one thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Ok, so it's not your memory. Sounds like hardware. Just speculating, but your two problems might be Inter-related. Can you store media on your SD? Figured I'd just combine the issues for now and keep it all on one thread.

Last night I did an experiment swapping memory cards between my phone and my wife's. I have never been able to transfer successfully with Bluetooth. However, initially (last year), I was able to use a cable to connect my phone to a computer and load ringtones. When I hooked up the phone, it asked if I wanted to enable mass storage, etc.

Now, I cannot do that. If I put my card in my wife's phone and hook up by USB, it works. I can add music/ringtones. Her card works as well.

In my phone, when I use a cable to hook up to the computer (either Mac or PC), the memory card is not seen.

I put my card in her phone last night and loaded ringtones from my Mac. When I put the card in my phone, the phone recognizes the card and sees the ringtones.

Very frustrating and confusing. Making it more irritating is that on the 8100 the card goes under the battery so if I want to add anything I have to take out the battery and card and wait for the phone to restart. BTW, I do have a card reader and it won't see the card, either, the last time I tried. But that could be the sandisk reader as my friend's does not work, either.

Thanks for all the help!

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN

You have some really quirky problems there. I presume since your Pearl reads the contents, if you were to take something such as a copied image from your browser, and save it to your SD, it would work, but that's what I was trying to ask in the previous post. I've never heard of a port that will let you connect to DM but not view the SD, but that's not to say it's not possible.

CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same problem for the last few days. I tried everything in this thread and a few other threads in this forum. Then I Googled "could not start the camera..." and found this thread on RIMs BB Support Forum.

supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=14485&view=by_date _ascending&page=2]

It describes removing the back of the Pearl and pressing down on the case around the camera lense/flash. Some reported hearing/feeling a click. I pulled the battery and pressed around the camera lense/flash. I didn't feel or hear anything. But it worked! My camera now works again.

Hope it works for you.

Frank

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by frankjv View Post
    I had the same problem for the last few days. I tried everything in this thread and a few other threads in this forum. Then I Googled "could not start the camera..." and found this thread on RIMs BB Support Forum.

supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=14485&view=by_date _ascending&page=2]

It describes removing the back of the Pearl and pressing down on the case around the camera lense/flash. Some reported hearing/feeling a click. I pulled the battery and pressed around the camera lense/flash. I didn't feel or hear anything. But it worked! My camera now works again.

Hope it works for you.

Frank
    Nice find! They also listed re-registering through the Host Routing Table. I'd have never expected that to fix a camera.

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Well, I did get the camera to start working again. Thanks! Now, if I could just have my computer recognize the memory card while in my phone, I'd be all set!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN

Is your wife's card recognized in your Pearl, when connected to the PC?

CrackBerry User

Default help me too!

my power botton won't work. i have to take off the battery to turn it on. tried taking the battery off couple of times. tried alt+shift+del did not work either. nothing even happened on the screen. pls do help me

Global Posts
    35,991 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by van2 View Post
    my power botton won't work. i have to take off the battery to turn it on. tried taking the battery off couple of times. tried alt+shift+del did not work either. nothing even happened on the screen. pls do help me
    So your berry won't turn on? This really should be a new thread.

CrackBerry User

Is your wife's card recognized in your Pearl, when connected to the PC?
    No, it is not. That is what is very perplexing. Both hers and mine are recognized in her phone when connected to either PC or Mac. Both hers and mine are NOT recognized when connected to the computer in my phone.

I use an external charger to charge my batteries out of the phone almost all the time. But the miniUSB port on my phone IS working, as I can charge via USB on my computer and I can use Desktop Manager and the phone is recognized.

When I first got the phone last year I could read the card on my computer.

Also, I tried using a SanDisk MobileMate reader to read my card and it was not working (I don't know if it's that reader which has an issue, too) The reader DOES work for a standard SD card, just not the microSD.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Wink I have the answer for camera error " close all apps and try restarting"

My camera had the same problem for months and this just fixed it!!

1)Remove back cover

2)Press gently, but firmly on lense (you should hear a click), but may not

3)Battery Pull and restart

Apparently if dropped at all, the camera can shift!!

Cheers, Imma go take some pictures now FINALLY!!!
    CrackBerry User

hey all,

My 9700 was smashed on a rock, so I bought a working unit with a broken keyboard and scratches. I was getting the camera error with the replacement, so I swapped the camera module with the one from the 9700 that was smashed and viola! It works now! If none of the other suggestions above works, and you don't have a warranty (as I didn't) you can pick up the modules for fairly cheap on the internet. It's easy to install but just be careful as the modules are quite delicate and can be crushed completely without much force (as I luckily found out on the already non-functioning one).

Hope it helps!

C
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default same here

Quote Originally Posted by arjun15 View Post

please help!!!!!
    ARJUN, have you gotten any help on your issue yet?
    My 9700 bold is doing the same thing, giving me the same message as yours.
    I would love to know what is the problem.
    I even took mine to an AT&T store yesterday & they made sure my phone was updated & they still could not help me out....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast