Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Master Reset

Is there a way to reset the phone to its default settings, i.e the same as it was when it arrived.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,822 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

By doing a data wipe - options / security options / general settings / menu / wipe handheld...
    Thanked by:
    Spartan7mg (04-15-2011) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,393 Global Posts
    PIN
    You have to be on the VIP list

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn View Post
    By doing a data wipe - options / security options / general settings / menu / wipe handheld...
    What he said. ^
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,900 Global Posts
    PIN
    2571757c

But back up first if you intend reloading.....
    CrackBerry User

but that just wipes the info.. if you want to do a master reset to erase even you os (you can instal the OS again via your desktop manager) use a jl_cmdr ... and of course as tmag2005 said backup first!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Renatayb View Post
    but that just wipes the info.. if you want to do a master reset to erase even you os (you can instal the OS again via your desktop manager) use a jl_cmdr ... and of course as tmag2005 said backup first!
    This is what sounds like I will need as I connect my Pearl 8100 to work machine and it started pulling down the bank policies. After wiping and even upgrading the OS did not remove those policies that I want to get rid of and bring my device to plain factory defaults...

Can you please advise RENATAYB where and how can I use this command, jl_cmdr?

Thanks !
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Master Reset for Pearl - Via Verizon

This comes straight from Verizon. Works perfectly to get rid of IT policies on a Pearl. Recommend you backup first!

1: Have the user install Desktop Manager 4.7

2: Have the user open a command prompt and type the following and hit Enter: CD X:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

(Where X is the letter assigned to the root drive. 99% of the time it will be C:\ but it can be verified by double-clicking on My Computer.)

3: Once you are at the above path, connect the device and type the following in the command prompt and hit Enter : loader.exe /resettofactory

4: ***Note: If the Application Loader wizard appears, the switch was not typed correctly, cancel it and retry the command ensuring itís typed correctly***

5: ***Note: If the device has a password, another command prompt window will open requesting the password. Exhausting the number of Password Attempts will trigger a Wipe but it will not remove the IT Policy. ***

6: After entering the correct password and hitting Enter, Application Loader will proceed to wipe the device, including the IT Policy. All data will be erased!

Good Luck!
    bob
    Thanked by:
    Spartan7mg (04-15-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbeamer View Post
    This comes straight from Verizon. Works perfectly to get rid of IT policies on a Pearl. Recommend you backup first!

1: Have the user install Desktop Manager 4.X

2: Have the user open a command prompt and type the following and hit Enter: CD X:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

(Where X is the letter assigned to the root drive. 99% of the time it will be C:\ but it can be verified by double-clicking on My Computer.)

3: Once you are at the above path, connect the device and type the following in the command prompt and hit Enter : loader.exe /resettofactory

4: ***Note: If the Application Loader wizard appears, the switch was not typed correctly, cancel it and retry the command ensuring itís typed correctly***

5: ***Note: If the device has a password, another command prompt window will open requesting the password. Exhausting the number of Password Attempts will trigger a Wipe but it will not remove the IT Policy. ***

6: After entering the correct password and hitting Enter, Application Loader will proceed to wipe the device, including the IT Policy. All data will be erased!

Good Luck!
    this will work for any blackberry, but it will erase the everything;
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    PIN
    WHEEL

the master reset only wipes data, not the OS, correct?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johntkong View Post
    the master reset only wipes data, not the OS, correct?
    By going settings > security > wipe handheld : that will remove everything BUT the OS..

using a program like JL-Cmder/CrackMem/CrackUtli - that will remove everything INCLUDING the OS.
    HTC | Glacier | Powered by Cyanogen(mod) | CM7N86 | OC 1.2giggahurts
    Asus Netbook | Powered by Linux 11.04
    Nook Color | Powered by Cyanogen(mod) | CM7.0.3 | OC 925giggahurts
    Apple 3rd Gen iPod Touch bone frakking stock
    CrackBerry User

Ten (10) bad password attempts will do it, too. PROOF from the Blackberry website HERE.
    If you love your berry, ROCK IT!
    CrackBerry Newbie

The other options listed will wipe almost everything, but if you have a device that is Enterprise Activated and the IT Dept has installed security policies, the only way to get rid of them is with the Master Reset.

It doesn't remove the OS though.
    bob
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts

actually just completely wiped my device on friday using jl cmder. it was a very simple process and my pearl functions noticeably faster now.

the only things i needed to backup were my bbm contacts.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks.. Just upgraded to Bold 9700...
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN

I have a 8320 my phone will start to turn on (hour glass) then shutdown and try to turn on its been doing this for 2 days cm u master reset it without going in the phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

i am new to blackberry n have a curve 8530. i did the update using desktop manager and after it was finished i noticed th folder for keyguard was gone so i cant lock my keys nomore what can i do??? please help!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman4 View Post
    i am new to blackberry n have a curve 8530. i did the update using desktop manager and after it was finished i noticed th folder for keyguard was gone so i cant lock my keys nomore what can i do??? please help!!!
    Push and hold down the A button
    CrackBerry Newbie

what exactly is supposed to happen after the system reset. I did it, but I'm not sure if it worked :S I thought that I would have to re-download the operating system on my BB
    CrackBerry Newbie

I lost my Address book on my 8100 is a O.S wipe nessasary,or is there a fix for that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi,

My sister unlocked her Storm 1 (verison phone) for me and brought it over to South Africa. It worked fine for a while but them started to switch off, hour glass start up and hang. It has done this without fail every time I try and turn on the phone. I took it in to my service provider who tested the phone and says it needs a software update. I downloaded the file and took it to them as it would not sync with my laptop because it never got past the booting stage. They could not help.
    I sent it back to my sister in the states who took it in to someone and they said they could not help.

Is there any way to manually reset the Storm 1 to its factory settings so I can get my phone started and working again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Does the hard reset sets the password to default as well?

Hi!
    Does the hard reset sets the password to default as well?

Thanks
    P.S: I have a bb curve 8530 but i' intend to return it to my parents so please help me!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Use JL_CMDR it is very good and helped me reset my phone as it is an easy set up google it and you should find a link for it hope i helped