Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to install .cod files?

I have a .cod file on my computer right now. I know that the Desktop Manager only takes .alx files but I was wondering if i can convert the .cod file to an .alx file. I don't have internet on my Blackberry so I don't have any OTA options.

Can someone help me?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ok, you must have downloaded a zip or rar file right and they must've had a .cod and a .alx file right? Well, the .alx file is useless without the corresponding .cod file in the same folder. I can say that the .cod file is the main "file" in the folder. So if you have both .cod and .alx file in same folder the installation will go smoothly.
    Back.
    Bricked Blackberry? Hourglass Of death? Blackberry Not turning on? Red LED flashes? Try going Here
    If you want to show your commitment to CrackBerry Forums please use this theme, click here(It's up to you if you want to use it)
    CrackBerry Abuser

You need to have both .cod and .alx files in the same folder. You can't convert a .cod file into a .alx file and you don't need OTA options. Whatever app, theme or game you download must be a .zip or .rar file and when you extract it, it will have an .alx and a .cod file leave them as it is. Now go to desktop manager start app loader then click on the .alx file, the load should go smoothly.
    Back.
    Bricked Blackberry? Hourglass Of death? Blackberry Not turning on? Red LED flashes? Try going Here
    If you want to show your commitment to CrackBerry Forums please use this theme, click here(It's up to you if you want to use it)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

with bbsak you can click modify .cod, find file and it load it
    CrackBerry Abuser

meh im not into that stuff i just use .jar 2 .alx and .cod
    Back.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I downloaded BBSAK and a bunch of applications with .cod and .alx files..... how do i use the BBSAK to run the files.... it wants a device password... and it wont run the cod files.... any sort of step by step suggestions would be extremely appreciated... thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

I also download the bbsak but I can't run it in my pc, but I run it one time but I can't detect my bb, nid step pls!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

i dont have dm no ota can i install cod files on bb using media card?
    BlackBerry Diva

You need a file manager and OTA Downloader on your Blackberry to add the CODs from your media card.

Rock File Manager v0.9.2

OTA Downloader For BlackBerry®[Full Version] | My BlackBerry
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Newbie

My BB 9860 on vodafone UK has now lost all sounds for last two weeks. Have been trying to restore and downgrade etc since yesterday and no luck whatsoever.

Now downloaded rock file manager and copied the .cod files from OS on the computer to the memory card on mobile. Tried installing these cod files by using rock file manager. At the end it shows: "failed no error message shown"

I am really frustrated with this RIM cr$%p.

Any ideas please?

regards
    CrackBerry Newbie

Update,
    I downloaded bbsak and successfully installed cod files using it. However still the sounds missing. Any ideas?

Thank you.