Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how to get GMAIL on my perl

Hi,
    I have 2 different blackberries. The 8830 WE and the 8130 Perl. I originally owned the 8830 then my company gave me the Perl and insisted that I had to switch phones.

Anyway, I originally had my GMAIL on my 8830 however I am unable to get it on my Perl. I have gone to the bell.blackberry.com website and tried to enter my information (my gmail address w/password) and I have tried also via my perl but I keep getting error message that "an error occured during email account validation and to check my information and try again" However I am able to log into my gmail account fine using the same information. Is it setting in my gmail that i have to check for? Please help ! I am VERY new to blackberries. I am one of those people that always had a Treo and now I have switched to blackberry, boy there's a big difference !
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    PIN
    312A7658

Make sure you go to "settings" in your gmail account on your computer and check the box that says "POP Forwarding".
    "Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline carrying it out." -Stephen Covey
    CrackBerry Newbie

I highly suggest using the GMail IMAP feature and not POP Forwarding. I don't know the URLs off-hand but there are tutorials online for setting this up on your BlackBerry. Best Wishes!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Thanks Guys

Unfortunately I have already tried all that and it still does not work. I think it might be a problem with the network. I will give our data dept a call and see what they can do. Thanks your help !
    CrackBerry Newbie

If you are a bit adventurous and wouldn't mind spending a few minutes, read this post on this blog -

labelme.org/family/blog/2008/02/01/a-healthy-addiction/

This person explains quite a bit in detail how you can install a stand alone gmail app on your blackberry so that you can use it independantly.

It contains the following:

HOW TO INSTALL GMAIL APP AND GOOGLE MAPS APP FROM THE DESKTOP MANAGER

Overview:
    1. Install User Agent Switcher for Firefox
    2. Download the app .jad file
    3. Find the .cod file names
    4. Create the .alx file
    5. Install the app!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Reconcile option does nothing

I've tried the IMAP instructions posted on this site and I also am unable to get this working. I am a bit of noob when it comes to blackberries. Is IMAP supposed sync the mail between your handheld and your gmail inbox? I was under the impression that if I reconciled my email it would replicate everything from my handheld to the gmail and vice versa. Am I missing something with this process? Maybe my expectations are too high?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    241693cc

I guess all the things mentioned above are fine and dandy but all I did was simply log into my gmail account on my PC, signed up for gmail mobile received a link on my pearl excepted it an that was that gmail. Or you can just go to your email setup wiz do it that way. Myself I'm all about keeping it simple. Hope that works for you.
    Andre'