- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
A few questions, first time BB user
Alright, I just got a BB pearl off ebay and I have a few questions...
1. I don't have a data plan, but can I go on the internet/use email/IM via wifi for free?
2. How do I get rid of the previous user's email and replace it with mine?
3. Sometimes the trackball gets stuck and wont move. Is there a way to clean it or somethign to make it work better?
4. How do I install the latest OS?
Last edited by flamesfan24; 09-22-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: added q
- 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM #2
1: You need a BLACKBERRY (BIS or BES) data plan for e-mail and most apps. Even over wifi, the data plan is what provisions those services.
2: See #1
3: Replace it: http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...4A126A5069.htm
4: Probably limited to os 4.5. There are MANY posts on how to do this.
- CrackBerry Master
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM #3
- 1,174 Posts
- Don't post your PIN online, people.
On 2, call the carrier the phone was previous used with, say that this phone is attached to a BlackBerry Internet Service account, and you would like for them to zero out the equipment on that BIS account so you can use the phone with your own.