Exclamation Error Message "JVM Error 547"

Hey Guys newbie here just got a 8100
    was working fine.
    Now i have a white scree with
    "JVM Error 547
    flash write failed:
    p=83960000,s=4"

Scroll for available commands.

i've tried the reset command- turns phone off except red LED, but same screen appears.

PLZ HELp!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts

You are going to have to reload the OS.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Did you load any 3rd party software lately?
    “Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.” C. E. Stowe

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I just got it I haven't tried anything with it yet the personthat had it b4 me didn't mention anything about modding it or anything I don't think shes was into that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

where can i get an OS>?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    “Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.” C. E. Stowe

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

"crosses fingers" ok here we go.....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    PIN
    312A7658

orle8050 is exactly right, and if that doesn't work, take it to TMO and they'll most likely replace it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

awww!! man i tried it and it seemed to be working... but now all it does is turn on and off... no more error message...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

yup so kinda gave up on it sent it off to t-mobile_ waiting on my replacement
    CrackBerry User

i have the same problem what says t-mobile ?
    CrackBerry User

Default jvm error 547

I purchased my 8130 from someone on ebay in September.
    Today at 352pm all of my comcast email messages and all of my facebook messages from the last two days came in and showed up again as new. My facebook icon said I had 29 messages and my email 79. I cleared them out and about 5 hours later I now have the JVM error 547.

Is there a way to fix this and if not, would ATT do anything for me since I bought the curve from someone else ??
    Blackberry newbie waiting for addiction to set in
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same error, cant use crack utl Doesnt recognise password) or JL_Cmder ( this program doesnt even load on my laptop.
    HELP someone please.....
    Thanks
    A
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi,
    i have the same problem kindly tell us the solution how to resolve this problem
    thanx in advanced
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sameed_j View Post
    hi,
    i have the same problem kindly tell us the solution how to resolve this problem
    thanx in advanced
    The solution has been posted, if you have desktop manager.
    Download the OS from Blackberry From This Hyper Link

While the OS is downloading, remove the SD card from the phone. and let the phone turn back on

Use the desktop manager to back up all of your information.

intall the Downloaded file to the computer

-after that is done
    copy this address
    c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

go to the start menu -> run and paste it in the window.

Delete the vendor.xml file....

while the DM is running plug the phone into the computer and start the app loader and it should ask you to up grade your OS.... click yes and let it run it's course.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Having trouble....

Everything works until "Wait for device initilization." At this step of the "Updating your device" process, my blackberry re-enters the reboot cycle. I am able to "catch it" and stop the reboot cycle when the pin says unknown. I then start the reload cycle, after it gets through the "Load JVM and system software" step the reboot starts all over again (at the "Wait for device initilization"). Because it starts to reboot again the blackberry loses connection and the rest of the process fails. Any ideas?????
    Last edited by Grogs410; 06-09-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Default i've done everything

i've done everything listed here and after wiping out the phone installing the carrier default OS and the new one it's doing the same thing, the same error after doing everything that i've seen here in cb, what can i do? this came up after installing the bbm 5.0

jvm error 547 flash failed
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Grogs410 View Post
    Having trouble....

Everything works until "Wait for device initilization." At this step of the "Updating your device" process, my blackberry re-enters the reboot cycle. I am able to "catch it" and stop the reboot cycle when the pin says unknown. I then start the reload cycle, after it gets through the "Load JVM and system software" step the reboot starts all over again (at the "Wait for device initilization"). Because it starts to reboot again the blackberry loses connection and the rest of the process fails. Any ideas?????
    same thing.

However, my problem is that i was in school and everything was fine till my last hour. i just sent a txt and pocketed my phone. i went to go pull my phone out after a little bit and my phone was off...it was already in the constant reboot cycle. i wasnt sure what to do so i did a battery pull to no avail. so i took the battery out and just pocketed both in seperate pockets (i know it didnt overheat or anything cuz ive had the phone for about 6 months and this is the first time) well before i got on my bus i put the battery back in and it gave me a JVM error 547 (i think) so i said wtf and just battery pulled till i got home to google an answer. Ive been trying what i can find but again to no avail. now whenever i put the battery in it goes right to the reboot cycle. When i try to throw another OS or even a lower OS like 4.2 (it had 4.5, tried both but nothing) it does what the steps say in other threads but when it goes to connect to the new JVM or w.e it goes right into the reboot cycle and after a while it says i have failed something about a multistep process.

It's a 8310 curve if that matters and my carrier is AT&T.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs down

dont even bother ive been trying for 3 weeks. I get the red led for 5 seconds the the white screen with the hour glass for about 3 seconds and it repeats over and over and over again. I cannot do anything anybody has told me to do because none of the programs will work due to the constant reset loop. im really about to say screw RIM this has happened to me 3 times as soon as my product replacement or warrenty runs out. pretty sad when blackberry OS seems a lot more unstable then Windows mobile. If anybody knows how to wipe the OS without using JL CMDER or any of those other POS programs let me know. If not the blackberrys going in the trash where it belongs and ill spend my money on a windows mobile phone. I have never installed a 3rd party app btw so dont listen when they say thats the cause.BS
    CrackBerry Newbie

specify its happened 3 different times with 3 different blackberrys not the same one. garbage
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, i got the 547 error after a long way of many other errors, it start by installing a new app using the stupid DM and my BB restart after the installation and i got 507 error, which mean no software, so i doubt it and tried to pull the battery, sim card and SD, wait for some time, return the battery, and 561 error was there, tried again and nothing

after search on crackberry and blackberry forums, talking about JL and BBSAK, used both to wipe and re-install the OS again,

of course i remove the vendor.xml from common files and user "document and settings" folders

during the installation it load until the net_rim_cldc.cod and restart on its own, and the loader give an error not able to connect again, so i wait until my phone restart with error 507 and click on retry, it stupidly erase every thing again instead of continue from the stop point and it reach the same point and restart, so i fall in a loop

i tried to delay the net_rim_cldc.cod to the end by changing the Platform.alx, and i tried to cancel this file from Platform.alx and it stuck with the truetype font.cod

i remove this OS and i tried to download from a different service provider, "again of course i remove the two files for vendor.xml" but no use

then i used the BBSAK to add manually all the basic files which is 220 modules, and i left the net_rim_cldc.cod to the end, suddenly my phone try to start and keep restarting every 2 minutes, and after several attempts is give me the JVM Error 547 "flash write failed"

no i cannot connect to BBSAK, the only way is to connect to the loader without battery and wait until it finish erasing then i can connect to JL to wipe or BBSAK

but then what?? i will end up between BB apploader which cannot finish the installation and BBSAK which can put the 220 files in 220 steps and the phone will not load

now, any BB genius can help??