Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't receive anything via Bluetooth

Hi, had my Pearl 8110 for 2 days now. I have figured out quite a lot. I have had 6 different people try to 'Tooth' me various pics, tones etc...but even when I pair my device with the sender they always get the 'Failed' message.

I have been right through all my Bluetooth settings to make sure its not a security issue.

I can send my stuff via Bluetooth no problem. Just cannot receive!

Can ayone help?
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

You have to go into the folder on your phone and set it to receive files. See more info at the links below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blue...05/#post179068

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/ok-...uestion-23037/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/help...-so-far-23038/
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

sunkast, do you keep a fully cross-referenced map of every hint in your head? If so, how please, do you do it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Welcome to CB!
    Super Bad

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

I have a lot of notes in notepad
    CrackBerry User

I'm having a similar problem trying to send a .mp3 file from my 8830 to my wife's 8130 Pearl. I have a MicroSD card in my device, she doesn't. The file is about one minute long. Is this file too large to send to her?

I can pair our devices, and everything works up until I try to actually send the file. Then, no go. Thoughts?
    Oh dear God, this parachute is a knapsack!

3rd Party Apps: UberTwitter, Viigo, Google Maps, Google Sync, Facebook, Documents To Go Nobex Radio Companion, WorldMate Live
    CrackBerry User

The recipient needs to enable file receiving on their end first. You can pair bluetooth devices all day long but until you actually enable the file sharing portion it wont ever do anything. It is buried somewhere in the bluetooth configs, im sure you'll find it.
  8. ep1
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

how does the blue tooth work? can someone give me examples of what you would use the blue tooth for and how to use it.
    CrackBerry User

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default enable tht option by defalut ??

so... isnt there an option to enable receive via bluetooth always/by default??
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    You have to go into the folder on your phone and set it to receive files. See more info at the links below.
    once youre in your picture folder, hit the menu key &keep scrolling down till you find "recieve using bluetooth"
    once thats done, have the person resend the bluetooth file
    it should work :]

[i found out on my own this afternoon lol]
    CrackBerry User

@sunkast or anyone please help

Please can u tell me what to do? i have a bb 8100 but i cant receive any file, i did what u told in a post " receive using bluetooth.. " and always said " failed to send to bb8100' .. i can send files without a problem.. please tell me what to do thanks
    Last edited by Dania.hn; 05-28-2008 at 12:24 AM.
    CrackBerry User

i just received a file but from other bb 8100! we only can use the bluetooth beetwen blackberries? thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bluetooth issue

i use to have the same issue .. all u need to simply do is - go in menu > folder > menu button > receive using bluetooth and then allow the other party to transfer the data else it will show else file transfer failed ..

its a similar process to sending files via bluetooth where u need to enable sending files via bt .. so make sure after pairing u have selected receive using bluetooth and then get the data transferred

people i have a quick question - I have a bb 8310 curve in the menu option i have an option saying manage connections where the option for blue tooth on/off is availed with .. wen i select bluetooth on it gives me yellow horizontal line instead of a green check mark .. i believe its something to do with radio vi mode something of that sort can someone be able to elaborate on this ..

thank u !!
    Last edited by schmucz; 07-10-2008 at 02:16 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

finally figured out how to send files...

first u gotta make urself discoverable after switchin on bluetooth.
    then u gotta go to the pictures folder, hit the menu button and scroll down to "receive via bluetooth"
    NOW make sure start sending the file from the other phone first !! then u click on " receive via bluetooth" then u can choose where to save it n its done.

(It would be an advantage if you paired the phones first)