Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't make or receive calls

I recently got a bb pearl and I can't make or receive calls but i can send and receive messages. When I go to make a call "Authorization Failure"comes up on the screen, can anyone please help me.
    CrackBerry Genius

Does the device have an IT policy on it? You can check by looking in Options >Security Options >General Settings and scrolling to the bottom and see if there is any mention of IT policy.
    Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418
    Z10STL100-3 / 10.3.1.938
    Q10SQN100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,490 Global Posts

Also, I suggest doing a device wipe, and starting over. If it's a used device, it may not have been done before hand...
    Instagram: iamivanwilliams
    Twitter: iamivanwilliams
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Looked for an ITpolicy but its set on default and can't be changed, I wiped the device alright but still can't make or receive calls.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,490 Global Posts

You can't change the I.T Policy, you have to follow the thread we have on how to remove an I.T Policy; link in my signature.

If that fails, call your carrier...
    Last edited by naviwilliams; 01-23-2008 at 08:50 AM.
    Instagram: iamivanwilliams
    Twitter: iamivanwilliams
    CrackBerry User

The same exact thing happened to my BB, check the Sim card and make sure its secure. That was the only thing wrong with mine.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by B1gMc View Post
    Looked for an ITpolicy but its set on default and can't be changed, I wiped the device alright but still can't make or receive calls.

That IS an IT policy. Remove the IT policy and try again. It's very likely the phone is blocked via IT policy on the device.
    Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1418
    Z10STL100-3 / 10.3.1.938
    Q10SQN100-5 / 10.2.1.2234
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Authorization failure - can't make calls or connect to wireless

I am having exactly the same "authorizaion failure" problem and it is concerning that this is clearly a common problem.

What I want to know is what EXTRA do you have to do with Blackberry that you don't have to do with other phones?

We have bought the phone second hand, had it unlocked so it will work with any SIM, I typed in MEPD from the SIM screen to confirm unlock status and that seems fine.

Phone was on Orange, have put in a Virgin PAYG sim and get this "authorization failure" when try to make a call. It seems not to register with Virgin as you can't call it either.

The phone does not even allow me to connect to my 802.11b/g wireless router, it will not discover it (only offers BT openzone), I have configured wireless network manually, but still does not connect to it even though I configured it as default and preferred.

There does not seem to be any enterprise restrictions installed as all the options are empty and allow me to put in details, so seems unconfigured.

There is an option to wipe emails but it says if I do this it will no longer be able to send or receive emails. I am not sure if that means old user data or for the device so wary of doing this. There does not appear to be any old data on it.

Firmware is V5.xx, I have tried setting it to 2g, 3g and auto select, on auto it comes up with GPRS on top right.

On Blackberry does Orange have to let the phone go or is a simple case of unlocking the phone as per any other phone?

If the phone was blacklisted how would I be able to check, is there a database where I can enter the serial number? I don't think it is, but sometimes these things get put on lists by mistake.

t would be helpful if someone could write a checklist of all of the things that cause this "authorization failure" and the things to check.

I did to check the IT Policy as mention above, I can't find that anywhere, how does one check and how does one remove it?

I appreciate that the Blackberry is great for corporate email security but all of these issues just say one thing to me "never buy a blackberry for consumer use". There ought to be a simple profile setting that undoes any corporate settings and sets all defaults to just using the phone (assuming unlocked) with any SIM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have same problem,can u resolve my problem,,