Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

42 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trackpad stopped working, Pearl 9100

Hey all,

The trackpad on my 9100 quit working. Everything else on the phone is fine, but I can't move the cursor/mouse. So I can't do anything really except answer phone calls and make phone calls, as even things like text messaging require me to move over and click something.

Is a broken trackpad a common problem for the Pearl 9100? If so, is there a way I can fix it or hire someone else to do so? Presumably for less than the cost of the phone itself, heh.

I also need to get some of my pictures/files off the phone if possible, especially if I can't use it anymore. I assume I can still connect it to a computer via USB and get the files off? Or would that require the trackpad for whatever reason? They're saved on the phone's memory, not a SD card.

Thanks all!

P.S. I love this phone. I bought it off eBay about a year ago, because to be frank it is the ONLY smartphone on the entire market I find appealing. It has a physical keyboard, but it's smaller and more comfortable (for me) than the Curve or Bold. It hasn't got a touchscreen (which I don't want). Etc. I say this because I don't want to get a brand new fancier phone, which is what everyone suggests. I'll find another used 9100, unless RIM ever gives us a half decent upgrade to it.

31,949 Posts
    Global Posts
    33,309 Global Posts
    By request.

Did you by any chance pull the battery, reinstall and reboot to see if it was a software glitch?
    CrackBerry User

42 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I did pull the battery a few times and reboot, but I didn't reinstall. Reinstall what? The Blackberry OS? I didn't know I could reinstall the OS on a phone this age without issues, but I can try. I've no idea how though.

Would I lose my pictures? Because some of them are important.