Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Latest Official 9100-9105 OS 6.0.0.481

Software For BlackBerry® Pearl™ 3G smartphone (model: 9100)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2114 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2114
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.481
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.151
    File name: 9100_9105AllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2114_PL6.6.0.151_A6.0 .0.481_Telus_Mobility.exe
    File size: 174.7MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    PIN
    ASK

do u know if they gonna have a official os6 for rogers?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by theKHMERboy View Post
    do u know if they gonna have a official os6 for rogers?

Bell says they had one but pulled it due to problems with the BellTV app (one I just don't care about). I wonder if we can use the Telus one and just delete vendor.xml like any leaked version. I might just wait for Bell, they say it's forthcoming.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

the build looks the same. i assume the shortcut to vibrate button still doesn't work ?
    "lulululululu"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    PIN
    ASK

how do u delete the vendor.xml?

Global Posts
    7,661 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD743B7

damn, wish I still have my 9100, my sister in law wouldn't have a clue how to upgrade this :>(
    CrackBerry Newbie

I installed this OS on my pearl about 2 hours ago, and it is running smoothly. I am on T-mobile and had to delete the Vendor.xml file and found no problems when doing so. Only dissapointment is that the shortcut to vibrate doesnt work, but apart from that all is well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    PIN
    ASK

how do u delete the vendor.xml
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    I don't like you in that way

Vendor.xml can be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

or if you are on 64bit windows - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Seems to be the same thing as the leaked one from a few weeks back. Works much better than .380. Memory leak is completely fixed.

Only real issue I have is that when I'm in BBM and want to send a picture from the camera to someone, the flash only works the first time and that's it.

And it isn't localized to BBM afterwards, if I open the camera app, or the video camera app I still don't get my light. Have to pull the battery to fix.

Using the camera, video camera, outside of BBM works fine, get the light everytime. Odd.

Can anyone else replicate this?

Also jugolic, you are correct, very annoying to have lost that feature.

As well as the hold * to lock the phone. But I turned the left convenience button in to the lock button, I kind of prefer that now anyways.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask :3

wondered how os 6 worked on this phone? in 2 minds about upgrading..
    PROUD Mummy, loving girlfriend. turtle fanatic
    never seen WITHOUT my HTC one

[former BL Ultimate Hybrid user ]
    ..be one too!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by ria__x View Post
    wondered how os 6 worked on this phone? in 2 minds about upgrading..
    Works great, keep in mind that this is a complete interface change from 4.x and 5. It will take some time to get used to how things work, but if you don't like it you can always downgrade, I'm sure there are some instructions on how to go back on this site!
    Thanked by:
    ria__x (04-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

IS the above firmware only for the 9100 Pearl or can Pear 9105 users download it and is it only for you Telus Customers or is it ok for a UK o2 Customer to install it

Global Posts
    7,661 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD743B7

Quote Originally Posted by rborhara View Post
    IS the above firmware only for the 9100 Pearl or can Pear 9105 users download it and is it only for you Telus Customers or is it ok for a UK o2 Customer to install it
    It is for everyone to use, make sure you back up, and wipe your device clean first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

my BB is brand new and unlocked ive installed hte above 0s 6 software but Blackberry desktop manager 6.2 doesnt detect it as an update for my BB 9105
    ive even deleted the vendor.xml file and run by clicking vendor.xml
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    PIN
    Mypinspace

So what does "Software For BlackBerry® Pearl™ 3G smartphone (model: 9100)" mean? I sometimes see (model:9105). If the OS is made for both 9100/9105, why do they specify the model?

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    PIN
    ASK

well there is 2 different types of pearl 3g.. 9100 is the compressed qwerty keyboard and the 9105 have the standard keyboard you find in all old model phones

Global Posts
    7,661 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD743B7

This should work on both though?

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by rborhara View Post
    my BB is brand new and unlocked ive installed hte above 0s 6 software but Blackberry desktop manager 6.2 doesnt detect it as an update for my BB 9105
    ive even deleted the vendor.xml file and run by clicking vendor.xml
    Same thing happened to me, but then BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) came to the rescue.

If you haven´t used BBSAK, check out:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-302...-blackberry-os

My pearl has since died on me, after doing a battery pull. I was hoping that is was due to a drained battery, but it seems it isn´t.
    Last edited by FeitaInc; 04-05-2011 at 06:26 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by FeitaInc View Post
    Same thing happened to me, but then BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) came to the rescue.

If you haven´t used BBSAK, check out:

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

My pearl has since died on me, after doing a battery pull. I was hoping that is was due to a drained battery, but it seems it isn´t.
    Bleh... You may want to try running loader.exe -nojvm and try loading the OS again that way. Also put back any files you removed just in case you removed something unintentionally that the system needs.

Took a couple tries before my 9100 came back to life
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just upgraded from OS5 to 6, and so far my only complaint is the memory leak. I have the official 6.0.0.481, and yeah, the leak is still there for me.
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by WolvieMkM View Post
    Vendor.xml can be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

or if you are on 64bit windows - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Seems to be the same thing as the leaked one from a few weeks back. Works much better than .380. Memory leak is completely fixed.

Only real issue I have is that when I'm in BBM and want to send a picture from the camera to someone, the flash only works the first time and that's it.

And it isn't localized to BBM afterwards, if I open the camera app, or the video camera app I still don't get my light. Have to pull the battery to fix.

Using the camera, video camera, outside of BBM works fine, get the light everytime. Odd.

Can anyone else replicate this?

Also jugolic, you are correct, very annoying to have lost that feature.

As well as the hold * to lock the phone. But I turned the left convenience button in to the lock button, I kind of prefer that now anyways.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by smoke_green View Post
    I just upgraded from OS5 to 6, and so far my only complaint is the memory leak. I have the official 6.0.0.481, and yeah, the leak is still there for me.
    Any ideas?
    How bad is the leak? The .380 release would take me from 105M to 58. I've got a friend on a 9300 running the same release and she ends up running out of memory in a couple of days.

.481 has knocked me down from about 105 to 93M and it has been about 2 days since I rebooted. I'm not sure how low it will go, I'll have to monitor it for the next little while as I've been doing tons of reboots since the upgrade trying to remove things I don't need.

Do you have a lot of apps running on the Pearl? Did you try doing a clean wipe and then doing the upgrade?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have yet to see how low it goes, but after running it yesterday for 6 or 7 hours, i went from 60mb to 27. So far today it seems to be going about the same, going at about 15mb every 4 hours. i reset once today already, using the battery pull app. It already having low memory, once it starts to get under about 40, the phone becomes a bit clunky and slow, but as long as its over that, it runs great, i love tho os besides the leak.
    I dont run a lot of apps, i only have 14 installed, including bb protect, bbm, and such. in most cases i dont multitask them, besides bbm. I close them completely when im done as well. The only app i run a lot, is bbm, but i dont have multiple convos going really, normally just one.

What exactly do you mean by a "clean wipe"? to install i just use the bb website, my desktop software couldnt pick up the os6 update. Do you mean actualy formatting the device, then starting 100% fresh like i would doing a fresh install of windows for example? ive thought of maybe trying that, but im not to familiar with how to do that on a blackberry. and would i be able to just plug it in, and sync my bbm contacts and phone contacts back they way they were?

Thanks a lot

Global Posts
    7,661 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD743B7

Search within this site, shrink-a-OS and bbsak plenty of tutorials and you will be glad u read up on it

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

hi help with upgrading to OS 6 I get this error when using loader.exe

"The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

my desktop manager doesn't recognize os6 as an update Im stuck with OS 5.0.0.884 bundle 1476 platform 6.2.0.94

I installed the OS I downloaded here to my pc then used bbsak to load the OS 6

this is the steps I did

this is the version I installed it also shows up in the drop down box in the bbsak 9100_9105AllLang_v6.0.0.481_P6.6.0.151

when I click load OS it goes to the application loaderwizard

then I click next it shows usb pin

click next again it retrieves device information

then here I get stuck device application selection

"The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

I even deleted the vendor.xml can anyone help
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does this have the cursor issue? Please let me know. I am thinking about scoring a Pearl 3G.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast