CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Keyboards "turbo" buttons makes Pearl almost unusable - is there a fix?

My 9100 seems to think I'm pressing the keys multiple times even though I am pressing them once. Typing anything becomes a real challenge. The worst button might be the BB key. Is this an OS issue or are the physical keys busted? Is there a way to fix this? What does work perfectly is the trackpad; no "turboing" going on.

What drew me to the 9100 was essetially the 9700 but in a smaller form factor. I hate to have another of my BB device go to waste. My first BB, the 8900, dropped on the floor and it received "The White Screen." Beside the screen, the phone works (phone calls, text, email). I purchased a replacement LCD screen from a company with great reviews on eBay, but it did not work even though I matched the screen version. I still really like the 8900. I'm going off on a tanget here, but the 9100's keys: are they fixable?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    I don't like you in that way

A lot of people have experienced this issue including myself. You'll need to replace the PCB for the keyboard. It is inexpensive and doesn't take long to accomplish. If you google any Pearl 9100 disassembly videos you'll see how straight forward it is.

You can search ebay for something like this - KEYBOARD KEYPAD MEMBRANE PCB FIX REPAIR FOR BLACKBERRY 3G PEARL 9100 | eBay
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by WolvieMkM View Post
    A lot of people have experienced this issue including myself. You'll need to replace the PCB for the keyboard. It is inexpensive and doesn't take long to accomplish. If you google any Pearl 9100 disassembly videos you'll see how straight forward it is.

You can search ebay for something like this - KEYBOARD KEYPAD MEMBRANE PCB FIX REPAIR FOR BLACKBERRY 3G PEARL 9100 | eBay
    Thanks for the response. I had a feeling it would come down to taking the phone apart. I'll give it a try.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I just realized the volume rocker has the same issue. It's not even connected to the keypad. Will replacing the keypad affect the volume rocker as well? Well, to be honest, I'm least concerned about volume rocker but I am curious to know if it will be fixed as well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    I don't like you in that way

No, unfortunately it will only fix up your keyboard issues. But I've noticed the same thing with mine, some what unresponsive or too responsive volume keys. The media keys sometimes jump a couple of songs when I only click once, the button on the left side (lock device) doesn't always work I have to jam it pretty good to get it to respond.

After a couple years of hard use I suppose something is bound to happen