Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FB7D9A
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Pearl 9130?

Will there be a CDMA variant of the new BlackBerry Pearl 3G for Verizon Wireless and Sprint?
    CrackBerry User

there better be!!! i'm patiently waiting for one...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    O Grigio is the ishhh

I wanna keep my Sprint line for my BB, so I hope we hear something soon too!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,132 Global Posts

i am pretty sure it will be. the 8100 series was RIM's 3rd best selling phone, they would be stupid not to sell it to the US carriers.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

I hope RIM releases one soon, at least by August.
    The sleek, fast and modern look of the Pearl 3G combined with Verizon's network, is a perfect combination.
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry User

Default Blackberry Pearl 9130

I hope they get it soon too. I'm due for an upgrade in August and if Verizon gets the 9130 Im making the switch. I currently have the 8230 which I love but it's a year old and has some scratches on it so I'm ready for a new one.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Bump..

BUMP..

i'd been following another thread similar to this one, a lot longer and with a lot more information but i cant seem to find it so i thought i would bump this one up to maybe see if anyone has any new info or even if its still even talk at the table. I've been waiting for any sort of rumor for this device since the release of the new Pearl 3G, but it seems to me RIM just did a GSM refresh so the Pearl name would not die, i also feel it is a device marketed to other countries outside of the US whether they be overseas or just above. Im just still anxiously waiting to use my upgrade on this device, if its even in the works that goes without saying that i will not wait FOREVER. maybe if the CDMA iPhone rumors are true then i can finally say byebye to Blackberry but till then, i'll do what i did before which is sit and wait with my crappy Tour 9630 and for those of you who ask why i don't just upgrade to the Bold 9650 i dont care for the form-factor and the whole "refresh" isn't enough for me to upgrade..

SORRY FOR THE RANT!
    CrackBerry User

Apparently it wont be a 9130 but a 9110 and 9115 only to be released in Red and Black as i read online but who knows
    Current Device:
    BlackBerry Pearl 9100-Black

Previous Devices (in order):
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100, Iphone 2G, BlackBerry Pearl 8110, BlackBerry 8800, BlackBerry 8830, BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Pearl 9100
    CrackBerry User

Has anyone heard anything further on this? I would love to get my hands on one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by susan9240 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything further on this? I would love to get my hands on one.
    Same here. My 8130 is 2 1/2 years old and I want a new toy. The bold has caught my attention but I like suretype and the small form factor. I dont want a full keyboard and a wider phone. Plus I know if was to get a bold the minute the 30 days passed the new pearl would come out. Come on CDMA Pearl, come visit the U.S.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    safety, rolling, clothes, hair, bowling, bobby?

Keep dreaming guys... The US is still waiting for a (real) GSM carrier to release the pearl... What makes you guys think a cdma will drop before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ShowBoy View Post
    Apparently it wont be a 9130 but a 9110 and 9115 only to be released in Red and Black as i read online but who knows
    Okay, this caught my attention...

9110?

9115?

But, apparently that's bogus.
    All searches for "BlackBerry 9110" bring up either very old articles that actually talk about the Pearl Flip (it seems everyone at the time thought it would get the 91xx numbering, but it ended up with as the 82xx series), or some more recent articles that actually show pictures of the pre-release 9100 that were originally posted here at CrackBerry late last year,,, complete with the familiar CB watermark logo on them.

So, I don't know where this is coming from.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Guy 3.14 View Post
    Keep dreaming guys... The US is still waiting for a (real) GSM carrier to release the pearl... What makes you guys think a cdma will drop before?

but you guys have some sort of window with an unlocked one. again like i said most likely a phone marketed outside of the US, what i dont get is if they have to versions to get a larger market than why not release to as many countries in many colors and in both gsm/cdma networks as fast as possible?

i dont get rim anymore :/
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by joeldf View Post
    Okay, this caught my attention...

9110?

9115?

But, apparently that's bogus.
    All searches for "BlackBerry 9110" bring up either very old articles that actually talk about the Pearl Flip (it seems everyone at the time thought it would get the 91xx numbering, but it ended up with as the 82xx series), or some more recent articles that actually show pictures of the pre-release 9100 that were originally posted here at CrackBerry late last year,,, complete with the familiar CB watermark logo on them.

So, I don't know where this is coming from.

Lol thats what the Bell Manager near a local mall was telling me
    Current Device:
    BlackBerry Pearl 9100-Black

Previous Devices (in order):
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100, Iphone 2G, BlackBerry Pearl 8110, BlackBerry 8800, BlackBerry 8830, BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Pearl 9100