For no reason I was thinking the other day, where does Passport stand in an evolutionary scale to the phone industry.
    So I thought of all the phones I've had in the past and where the Passport would fall into the industry as a BIG contender.

For me, I think it would have been a huge contender the same year Samsungs Galaxy S4 came out.

Don't get me wrong, the Passport does better than the S4 by far. But little things like the sometimes slow focus of the camera reminds me of the times when S4 came out.
    Otherwise the Passport wipes the floor with the S4.

Just feel as though, if Passport was brought out the same year back than, it's evolutionary advances up to today would be no doubt unquestionable.

Accept for which OS & UI does a person prefer.

As for comparison to other BlackBerry model's. There's no doubt the Passport is the best.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    07-13-15 07:25 PM
    It's been a while since we've had a thread asking for peoples opinions.
    THis should be fun.
    MY OPINION? RUN..... HIDE..... SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

07-13-15 07:44 PM
    It's been a while since we've had a thread asking for peoples opinions.
    THis should be fun.
    MY OPINION? RUN..... HIDE..... SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0251.gif
    LOL

It's all opinionated and neutral I hope.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-13-15 07:59 PM
    The Passport was a step for BlackBerry into making specs for the phone more with mainstream phones, and creating unique features that were optimized for business users. However in the standpoint of an evolutionary phone, it's a "maybe" on BlackBerry's end, and a "probably not" on the business and consumer end.
    Unique doesn't always mean better, or a step in any direction. Because the phone isn't widely popular, it doesn't hold any influence to change how phones are designed. For BlackBerry, the things that were done right in the Passport (Most notably, powerful specs), are things that should remain. It's now up to them to decide if they want to phone to go in a unique, niche direction, or make it closer to a mainstream device.
    07-13-15 09:50 PM