YES: I have a Passport but, I've a new one just arrived too for my partner.

Question. What OS would you load into it to make it operationally smooth when used by a person who'd never had owned a blackberry before - help?

Les
    08-04-15 05:30 AM

Question. What OS would you load into it to make it operationally smooth when used by a person who'd never had owned a blackberry before - help?

Les
    Life is not that complicated you know, just use the phone with the OS it comes with

Posted via CB10
    lesarmitage likes this.
    08-04-15 06:03 AM

Les
    Only the official!!! No leaks! It'll be smooth like butter!
    lesarmitage likes this.
    08-04-15 06:05 AM
    Just make sure you update the OS when it's available OTA
    lesarmitage likes this.
    08-04-15 06:17 AM
    If it is somehow the latest OS is not available to download, just get in line...

Posted via CB10
    lesarmitage likes this.
    08-04-15 07:30 AM
    When somebody has never used a particular piece of kit before, they will not find it easy until they have learned the best way to do things. My partner says she catches herself trying to do things the way she did on the phone she had before her BB. It works but it's not the best way to use the BB. The real way forward is for your partner to learn the easy routes on the BB, and put aside the ways of their last device bacause they are probably not quickest on the BB. For OS, use whatever is the current official version your carrier has pushed to your partner's device. Have fun and whatever happens will then all be good :-)
    lesarmitage likes this.
    08-04-15 07:50 AM
    The question isn't what software should you use for the device, the question is "How open is your partner to change and new experiences?"

There are gestures and actions that are intuitive and easy if you're coming over from another platform, while others unique to BlackBerry take some learning before they become habitual. If your partner isn't at all interested in learning a new phone, it doesn't really matter how great it is, much less WHAT it is.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    Last edited by BirdBruce; 08-04-15 at 12:07 PM.
    lesarmitage likes this.
    08-04-15 10:29 AM
    Having just switched from iOS/Android a week ago, and just received a Passport today, I'd say this...

It's fairly easy to learn. Read a bit here on CB and you'll get the hang of most things. The phone does a decent job explaining itself.

Settings can be a bit tricky to figure out, but google can help you there.

Regarding OS choice, I was recommended to upgrade to 10.3.2.2339, I did this by grabbing the autoloader from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1026452/

Downloaded that, unzipped, connected my passport and ran the file. VERY simple process, and works like a charm.
    lesarmitage likes this.
    08-04-15 11:52 AM