You can still get the bar for the actual fb app, just so you know. It still works fine

Posted via CB10
    It's what I use on my phone for contact integration. Still use the email method for actual facebook notifications.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-19-16 10:15 AM
    I just got my second silver edition to serve me after the first strikes but thats out of discussion. No matter if support will continue or not I will stick with both for years. It s a joy to use and look at

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 11:11 AM
    But over amazon it's not the same price as BlackBerry shop.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 11:56 AM
    But over amazon it's not the same price as BlackBerry shop.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure to whom you are responding, but a comment...

One should understand whether they are buying from Amazon or from a seller via Amazon.

If you buy from Shop BlackBerry or from Amazon, you know your are buying from an authorized seller. You will get a warranty and it will be honored. You will get OS updates directly from BlackBerry.

If you buy from another seller you need to be careful, if you care. My only point is know the risks that matter to you and be informed before you click purchase.
    10-19-16 12:20 PM
    I thought the SE Passport fixed screen lifting
    Would appreciate a reference if you happen to recall what you are thinking of.

My perspective is I know the reports on the forums, and I have no doubt there is or was something to them. What I don't know is the statistics and the details. I used the orginal passport from release until last week. I carried it in a custom belt holster. I'm now using a Silver with an OEM flip case. The original is fine, now my backup device, and it still looks and operates as if brand new out of the box, and no screen or display issue ever.

If there was some change to the model series with respect to durability or a change related to the screen lifting, then I missed it.

By the way, the Silver is beautiful. I also bought one for my wife. I always got positive reaction to the original Passport, but we get more with the Silver. Too bad that doesn't seem to convert anyone to BlackBerry, however.
    Last edited by aiharkness; 10-19-16 at 12:29 PM. Reason: correct typo
    10-19-16 12:28 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 03:35 PM
    I've been experiencing the double typing issue with my Passport and thought I wouldn't buy another. But I really like the look and feel of the device especially using the keyboard. I've gotten use to the typing issue and learned to hit the keys a certain way it doesn't happen as much.

As for buying another my mind is set on purchasing a SE to use for special occasions.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    10-19-16 06:51 PM
    Yes, I did, a new Passport SE as a backup for my existing one given BlackBerry are running the stock down.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 01:49 AM
    Any black Friday leaks lol...if you buy a SE just for insurance what is shelf life if you buy a device and lock it up and not have to

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 04:59 AM
    Any black Friday leaks lol...if you buy a SE just for insurance what is shelf life if you buy a device and lock it up and not have to

Posted via CB10
    You would want to not let the battery run totally flat and stay flat. What I've read is for storage it is best if the battery is around 50%. So you would at least want to periodically charge the device some.

I would also go through the setup on wifi just to check the function of the device. Skip the steps you don't need to complete. Or go all the way, put your SIM in the device, and make sure you can connect to the mobile network and make calls. You don't want to find out something is defective a year after when the warranty has expired.
    10-20-16 05:10 AM
    True! But idk I have never even pondered buying a spare device. I love the SE. I'm pretty great with my devices though....MAYBE I'll grab another if there's a black Friday sale

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 09:39 AM
    True! But idk I have never even pondered buying a spare device. I love the SE. I'm pretty great with my devices though....MAYBE I'll grab another if there's a black Friday sale

Posted via CB10
    Usually I hand my current device off to my wife when I get a new one. And I've gone without a backup figuring I could order with overnight delivery. That calculation has changed. If I want to be sure I can get another Passport, I have to have another Passport. So I made the decision now rather than wait any longer.
    10-20-16 09:46 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 09:50 AM
    Passport though the production has stopped now but the device even if it is again launched after a decade will find its customers. I have two Passports as priced possessions.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    10-20-16 05:30 PM
    As I was saying the black passport came for my wife and she can't be more happy. I have discovered that one can use the flip cover from silver passport to the original one. You will block the flash but if you do not use it for pictures you're OK. You can still use the camera.
    Too bad blackberry sold its soul to google.
    10-21-16 12:06 AM
    Because people lie on the forums. They need to justify their purchase. Simple.
    You'll find a lot of characters here.
    1. "People were so amazed and I get so many compliments on my Passport". Lie. Nobody cares.
    2. "Battery lasts 2-3 days!" Lie. Lasted me 1 day.
    3. "It's a work horse, I knock out my work and spread sheets". Lie. 80% showing off don't even have a corporate job. They probably knock out junk mail all day.

Lastly. If these guys are happy with BB, great...but lying about trading in iPhones and what not...it's ridiculous. iOS and android are light years ahead of BB, even when you're knocking out emails and spread sheets.
    1- I have teenagers that work at stores ask me about my phone with great enthusiasm and curiosity when I take it out to scan my loyalty Bar code on the screen. That is the biggest kick

2- my Passport last 18 hours of regular or constant use

3- I not only can knock off a Sh... load of msg's in many ways (email, txt, BBM, etc....) but write down recipes and what ever other documents I choose with ease. It's bar none the best input device made to date. Period!!!

Jealousy with get you nowhere. Well maybe in jail for stealing someone's Passport lol

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 08:00 AM
    http://crackberry.com/fyi-blackberry...-or-windows-10

I mentioned something about this before. OS10 is becoming obsolete with regard to being able to interface with your computer's OS.
    Eventually (as in sooner than later) we'll have to make a decision as to which is more important: seamless integration with your PC or Mac or time consuming work around.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 12:21 PM
    That's incorrect. When you upgrade to Win 10 version 1607, you just need to uninstall Link, and reinstall it and sync work fine as usual.

There is a lot of miss information being spreaded like in this case, it bothers me that this happens in a BlackBerry forum. Imagine the s*it "non-blackberry" people would say if we are doing it right here...

Posted via CB10
    I beg to differ on that.
    http://crackberry.com/fyi-blackberry...-or-windows-10
    10-21-16 02:47 PM
    I already have two but at the current prices I absolutely would still buy one or an updated one at $500-$600 if it ever came out. It's easily one of the most revolutionary designs for a mobile device this decade.
    10-21-16 03:57 PM
    Bla1ze post is not saying that Link don't work on Windows 10. Its only pointing out that BlackBerry is not offering support.

You need to read carefuly what I said in the post you quoted, and what Bla1ze is saying in the link you posted and you will see there isn't any contradiction.
    aiharkness likes this.
    10-21-16 10:56 PM
    Bla1ze post is not saying that Link don't work on Windows 10. Its only pointing out that BlackBerry is not offering support.

You need to read carefuly what I said in the post you quoted, and what Bla1ze is saying in the link you posted and you will see there isn't any contradiction.
    +1 Personal experience. Happened with one laptop but not the other with the anniversary update. But successfully using Link and Blend on two laptops with Windows 10, and one laptop with also Outlook 2016.
    10-22-16 04:45 AM
    No question. After two years my contract is up for renewal. I don't want another handset, my passport remains outstanding.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 08:26 AM
    I have recent purchased a used one and feel so much better having a backup device. Lukily I have referred many friends to the Passport and I know at least one said that when his contract is up I can have his phone.
    At this point I just want to get as many as I can

Posted via CB10
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    10-22-16 08:40 AM

I believe that his post may be in response to people who are unable to sync their phones with their computers.
    I've read numerous threads where people are complaining about this issue.

Is there something about this issue that you don't understand?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 11:45 AM
    I believe that his post may be in response to people who are unable to sync their phones with their computers.
    I've read numerous threads where people are complaining about this issue.

Is there something about this issue that you don't understand?

Posted via CB10
    What I don't understand is why you quote me in regard of Bla1ze post. We are both saying pretty much the same.

About the issue itself, it has been addressed and there are several threads with solutions on how to fix both Windows 10 and iTunes related problems.

What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 01:15 PM
2,427 ... 7172737475 ...