Original Black version

Posted via CB10
    That would be OB, but regardless, OG is a dumb name and BlackBerry never named it that. It's just the Passport vs. the Passport SE. I wish people wouldn't use OG.
    09-23-16 01:06 PM
    Why do people keep posting these things, i.e. how everyone they show their PP to is in absolutely incredulous awe of such an amazing beautiful phone? I really find it hard to believe, and if so, why wouldn't it be a huge seller?
    In fairness, I haven't seen a whole lot of posts like the aforementioned one. I've actually seen more people stating that others were either surprised that Blackberry is still around and/or giving weird looks regarding the appearance of the Passport...or something to that effect. Sure, there have been some posts where some PP owners have said that a few people did appreciate the overall look and large real estate screen of the Passport.

But I think it's a stretch to say that people have been sharing how everyone is in awe of the Passport. It's actually been a long time since I've heard/read of someone using the latest iPhone, Samsung, etc. model and switching to Passport or any other Blackberry phone. But it's believable to me, especially when it concerns business folks who just want organization with e-mails and phone calls. However, I don't think that one positive anecdote should be interpreted to mean that 'everyone' is going out and ditching their phones for Blackberries. It is nice to hear that it still happens once in a while, though. Thanks for sharing your experience, Nguyen1.
    09-23-16 02:00 PM
    Why do people keep posting these things, i.e. how everyone they show their PP to is in absolutely incredulous awe of such an amazing beautiful phone? I really find it hard to believe, and if so, why wouldn't it be a huge seller?
    Because it's true and it's notable. There are not enough Passports on the street for word of mouth to work. Not everyone that likes it will have the motivation to research it and buy it. Also, many people are intimidated by an unfamiliar OS that does not run all their apps. (But I believe that if enough people knew about PP's virtues BlackBerry would sell millions more.)

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    09-23-16 02:12 PM
    Yes it was nice to know. But keep in mind he was an ex-blackberry user too, so not a new convert, just someone returning to the flock. Plus, he was definitely enterprise, so not a usual customer, although he'd never seen a passport before.

I did show my passport to another pharmaceutical rep, who asked, "is that a blackberry?!?" that was a more typical response.

Passport!
    09-23-16 02:13 PM
    Yes it was nice to know. But keep in mind he was an ex-blackberry user too, so not a new convert, just someone returning to the flock. Plus, he was definitely enterprise, so not a usual customer, although he'd never seen a passport before.

I did show my passport to another pharmaceutical rep, who asked, "is that a blackberry?!?" that was a more typical response.

Passport!
    Yep, that sounds more typical. Still, it's interesting that he wished to give up that iPhone 7 for the Passport. Maybe nothing beats using that ole' hub in his particular case...
    09-23-16 02:24 PM
    Old generation?

Passport!
    Original Gangster

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 03:42 PM
    That would be OB, but regardless, OG is a dumb name and BlackBerry never named it that. It's just the Passport vs. the Passport SE. I wish people wouldn't use OG.
    It's just an easy way to differentiate between the two. And it's already a thing, don't worry about it. it's kind of fun

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 03:43 PM
    Just bought a new SE today. I figure get one while I still can at the new sale price, regardless of what Chen does on the 28th. I figure I can get at least a few years out of it, being a road rep in the civil engineering game I need to handle a lot of documents and emails during the day between appointments.

Nothing beats the Passport for a laptop replacement for 80% of my tasks.

I pity slab phone users for their one finger typing and one or two sentence replies to emails.

I was motivated to buy the SE because I am changing employers in a few weeks, so I will have to turn in this original Passport I'm using to post this reply.

Still have my Q10 as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 05:08 PM
    I ordered my Passport SE yesterday, thanks to the ShopBlackBerry sale. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    09-23-16 05:14 PM
    Old generation?

Passport!
    Old Gentleman.
    Obsolete Gear.
    Outdated Gadget.
    Outstanding Glory!
    :-)
    09-23-16 05:52 PM
    Kinda hard to sale something no one knows about!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 07:18 PM
    Yup, just traded my iPhone 6 with passport 5 days ago & it feel great!

From the Majestic BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-23-16 07:37 PM
    Yup, just traded my iPhone 6 with passport 5 days ago & it feel great!

You won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 07:49 PM
    You won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    The only regret I had was to realise how dumb iPhone was & how smart BlackBerry OS is.

09-23-16 07:58 PM
    Yes,if I could afford to again buy a new one. But my budget was not enough, so I got a z30 instead. I miss my passport. Too bad it broke down. No cellular network connection. It is detected, but can not connect. It is now just a glorified tablet, except way better than my PlayBook. Darn it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 08:02 PM
    Absolutely.

Got my PPSE 3 weeks ago and I was initially very impressed. However, the combination PKB/VKB took some getting used to. I also started missing the form factor & low weight of both my Q5 and Leap so I gave myself a day with each. The result of going back to my old devices was that I realised just how awesome the Passport screen is and that I actually missed the Passport keyboard... The fact that there isn't another device out there as unique & elegant as the PPSE didn't hurt either

I should however add that I don't use any Android apps so for me BB10 is still very much a viable OS.

Posted via CB10
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    09-23-16 09:50 PM
    I would but honestly I won't.
    09-24-16 12:03 AM
    Absolutely!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 04:16 AM
    With the price of the PP SE being under $300 is a steal. Had my SE for about 2 months now. I am always drawn in to the latest and greatest an typically change phones often, but it's going to take something spectacular from BB to draw me away from this phone at the moment.
    09-24-16 06:58 AM
    Got it yesterday and I'm loving it

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 10:18 AM
    After a week with it, it's amazing beauty, keyboard, and looks, the lack of apps is sending me back to android. Using the browser for fb and twitter are horrendous. It's too bad. I hope they can bounce back

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 11:15 PM
    It does not matter even if BlackBerry Os becomes obsolete I would still get another passport as this satisfies my needs. And always remember passport is a productivity device.

 BlackBerry Passport 
    09-25-16 12:31 AM
    Yes, for no more than 100 Euros.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-16 01:14 AM
    I will buy one tomorrow....

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 02:05 AM
    Because people lie on the forums. They need to justify their purchase. Simple.
    You'll find a lot of characters here.
    1. "People were so amazed and I get so many compliments on my Passport". Lie. Nobody cares.
    2. "Battery lasts 2-3 days!" Lie. Lasted me 1 day.
    3. "It's a work horse, I knock out my work and spread sheets". Lie. 80% showing off don't even have a corporate job. They probably knock out junk mail all day.

Lastly. If these guys are happy with BB, great...but lying about trading in iPhones and what not...it's ridiculous. iOS and android are light years ahead of BB, even when you're knocking out emails and spread sheets.
    chain13, andy957 and ioan_calin like this.
    09-25-16 02:21 AM
2,427 ... 6364656667 ...