So this picture was just posted on twitter by the infamous leaker Evleaks.

I myself rock a Passport and absolutely love this hardware. I also happen to enjoy Android. I would buy the $hit out of this thing.

What say you?

Would you buy a Passport running Android?-img_20150702_212544.png

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:33 PM
    thats not a passport and i for one wouldnt be interested in android if i did i already would have an android device or other
    07-02-15 08:39 PM
    nope, no PKB for me.
    07-02-15 08:40 PM
    no

Black BlackBerry Curve→ White BlackBerry Z10 → Black BlackBerry Z30
    07-02-15 08:41 PM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:42 PM
    **** Ya. Root that thing with Xposed framework, I'd be all over that.

I'd also keep my BBOS Passport because I love it too.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:44 PM
    Nope!
    07-02-15 08:45 PM
    Nope.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-02-15 08:49 PM
    Negative.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    07-02-15 08:49 PM
    I think we already established how most folks here feel lol - CrackBerry Asks: Would you buy an Android-based BlackBerry? | CrackBerry.com
    blambtn likes this.
    07-02-15 08:55 PM
    Its been a few weeks man, people can change LOL.

I really believe the people who will buy this phone will be current android users and not current BB10 users. Sure, the CB faithful hate this idea, but what if they surprise the market and release this android powered Passport and come away with some respectable sales figures, I think this will help keep BB in the hardware game. It's def worth a shot considering their current hardware lineup just isn't making them enough money. Also, I know everyone says that the android market is saturated and nobody is making any money blah blah blah....but hey at least BB is offering a solid keyboard device that surely stands out. That's my positive take on all this. Interesting times ahead.
    FobiddenRiceman likes this.
    07-02-15 09:34 PM
    thats not a passport and i for one wouldnt be interested in android if i did i already would have an android device or other
    What! If its not a passport......i can't even.....
    07-02-15 09:36 PM
    **** Ya. Root that thing with Xposed framework, I'd be all over that.

I'd also keep my BBOS Passport because I love it too.

Posted via CB10
    wielding a pair of passports eh? sounds like something i would do!
    07-02-15 09:37 PM
    ill be super mad if we passport users wont be able to upgrade to that
    07-02-15 09:41 PM
    If i want Android..I'll buy an Android.
    acovey likes this.
    07-02-15 09:42 PM
    I'm going to glue two Passports together, business in the front, party in the rear but only take selfies

Posted via CB10
    GeoK and blambtn like this.
    07-02-15 09:49 PM
    ill be super mad if we passport users wont be able to upgrade to that
    Start getting mad, you know they won't have it available. They're a business, they will want to sell new hardware with the new software.
    07-02-15 09:49 PM
    Nope. Android is the Windows 3.1 of phone OS's as far as I am concerned. Clunky. Old looking. Non-intuitive. (Sorry windows 3.1. I had to choose something. )

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:55 PM
    Nope. Android is the Windows 3.1 of phone OS's as far as I am concerned. Clunky. Old looking. Non-intuitive. (Sorry windows 3.1. I had to choose something. )

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? It's nearly the same as iOS, are you saying both Android and iOS are clunky and non intuitive? The majority of the market seem to have no problem using either.

They all pretty much run the same way as far as basics go.

I still think BlackBerry 10 is far far ahead of all OS's on the market - but they lack one critical component, and it's a deal breaker for basically everyone (the 99% of smartphone users) - ecosystem (apps, etc).

As far as messaging, staying connected, getting things done, it is the most intuitive OS out there by far. Too bad their app situation and lack of marketing is killing them.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-02-15 10:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Haha I really don't understand, and yes, I know it's your opinion but I'm going to challenge it anyway.

Not Intuitive? Clunky? So I'm assuming you enjoy BB10 as I do right? let's compare and find similarities:

Both OS's allow you to have a grid of apps on your homepage. Check.

Both OS's allow you to swipe down from the top of the screen for quick settings. Check.

Both OS's have a unified inbox where you can see your inbox of messages. The HUB on BB10 which is 1 swipe away and the notification tray which is also always 1 swipe away. Both allow you to click once on the message and it brings you right into the app. If you want to go back you're still just one swipe away. Check.

Again, I'm a fan of both platforms. I guess I just really miss the point when people think Android is a terrible experience.
    07-02-15 10:24 PM
    NO, NO and NO
    07-02-15 11:40 PM
    Haha I really don't understand, and yes, I know it's your opinion but I'm going to challenge it anyway.

Not Intuitive? Clunky? So I'm assuming you enjoy BB10 as I do right? let's compare and find similarities:

Both OS's allow you to have a grid of apps on your homepage. Check.

Both OS's allow you to swipe down from the top of the screen for quick settings. Check.

Both OS's have a unified inbox where you can see your inbox of messages. The HUB on BB10 which is 1 swipe away and the notification tray which is also always 1 swipe away. Both allow you to click once on the message and it brings you right into the app. If you want to go back you're still just one swipe away. Check.

Again, I'm a fan of both platforms. I guess I just really miss the point when people think Android is a terrible experience.
    surely you must be kidding .. have you ever tried both operating systems ? I mean it's not just a thing or two difference between andriod and bb10 the difference is greater than heaven and hell
    07-02-15 11:50 PM
    If, and only if, the android version can be as stable as the bb10 version...
    07-03-15 12:08 AM
    If I will have a BB Android, I might as well buy a Nexus 6 instead. Of course, let's see if what would it really look like if they did try

Passport | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 | Globe PH
    07-03-15 12:10 AM
    BlackBerry fans: No way!
    Android fans: This move could help save BlackBerry!

I love BB10, but if it ever bites the dust and I need to resort to a BlackBerry running Android OS, I'll get one because I still want a physical keyboard.
    07-03-15 12:21 AM
176 123 ...