I'm currently using a Q10, which I worship, lol, I absolutely love it, and I have a macbook, iPad air, and iPod touch.
    Here's my problem:

After getting my iPad air, Apple, for whatever reason, decided that my Apple ID password was not strong enough. I've never been hacked or anything, but whatever.
    Today I tried to buy music from iTunes.
    Got prompted for my password.
    It refused my entry. (and no, I did not type the wrong one) After 2 attempts, it locked me out of my system.
    I called Apple support.
    Got asked about my security questions, but since those were set up eons ago and I only remembered 1 out of 2, I was asked to give my devices serial numbers to "confirm my identity", which I did. I was told I had successfully confirmed my identity. But then they decided they couldn't send me a reset link for 24 hours. "For my own safety", you see.

And now a 2 minute music purchase is turning into a 24 hour headache.
    I find it ludicrous and asinine that Apple would go through such lengths to protect me from myself while providing the NSA with a wide open back door to access any data they want, without my consent or my knowledge.

So I got to speak with a supervisor. He promised to call me in 24 hours and help me reset everything on my account and make sure I wouldn't have anymore issues from here on.
    Well, he was nice, and trying to help, and it's really not his fault personally so I'll give it a shot, however, as soon as I have access to my iTunes, I will be retrieving everything and saving it to an external hard drive.

Because I do expect more problems. And if I'm right, I'm leaving Apple permanently. I will be selling all my Apple products.
    I'm happy with my Blackberry phone, I have no idea what I will get for a laptop, and I will be getting a Passport in september so I can at least have a phablet of some sort.
    Because frankly, if Apple is going to give me such BS to protect me from myself, it's not worth it. I'd rather make do with less and not be forced to jump through hoops for the privilege of getting screwed every 5 minutes.

So, would the Passport be a suitable replacement for my iPad air?
    07-24-14 04:29 PM
    Nope.

Posted from a D618
    07-24-14 04:55 PM
    Nope.

Posted from a D618
    07-24-14 04:57 PM
    What do you exactly use your ipad for?
    07-24-14 05:28 PM
    I don't know about that, when it comes out maybe you can try it. My Z30 pretty much took the place of my ipad mini, Unless I wanna game or specific apps I never touch it. Don't hate on the macbook it has no equal pc counterpart.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 05:31 PM
    To small
    07-24-14 05:33 PM
    For me, the Passport would replace a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 05:35 PM
    So, would the Passport be a suitable replacement for my iPad air?
    Wouldn't be as good as a tablet for specific uses but the passport would work for me. If you sold off the tablet you might miss it, if you never had one you'd feel no need to get one.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-24-14 05:53 PM
    Nah.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    07-24-14 06:18 PM
    it would make for a suitable substitute if you forgot your tablet at home, and need to do something in a tablet like device, but no way a permanent substitute.
    07-24-14 06:31 PM
    What do you exactly use your ipad for?
    I use it for work (I write bids for plumbing jobs and invoices) and fun (net surfing, kindle app, music)
    07-24-14 09:21 PM
    I don't know about that, when it comes out maybe you can try it. My Z30 pretty much took the place of my ipad mini, Unless I wanna game or specific apps I never touch it. Don't hate on the macbook it has no equal pc counterpart.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3247
    That's what I'm afraid of, lol. *grumble*
    07-24-14 09:21 PM
    I use it for work (I write bids for plumbing jobs and invoices) and fun (net surfing, kindle app, music)
    I would imagine that for that sort of stuff it would do quite well. Although if you are a Mac user, iCloud continuity would be sacrificed

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:37 AM
    I doubt it! I just ditched my PlayBook for an iPad Air, the new OS with gestures makes it very welcoming for me, I have a Nexus 5 and a Q10. The Nexus 5 is a 5" phone, the passport would be smaller. When it comes to doing some things like reading, surfing, gaming and movies, bigger is better, the Samsung Note III can't replace the iPad Air and I doubt any of those 6" phones could either......
    07-25-14 09:47 AM
    Depends on your use for a tablet. For me it most definitely will!

With the z30 already sold my playbook, and my ipad is now converted to toy! Lots of educational apps for toddlers!

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    07-25-14 09:51 AM
    I hardly use my tablet at all anymore since I bought my Z30

Z30 user and lover.
    07-25-14 10:50 AM
    It really depends what you use a tablet for.

Although the Passport has a quicker keyboard, the presentation of your plumbing bids would be easier to see on the picture screen of an ipad. I put music on my ipad so I don't drain my phone battery, reading books is great on a tablet, surfing the Web is great too.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 10:50 AM
    Surface Pro.
    07-25-14 12:57 PM
    Honestly, I really hope the Apple tech will be able to help me solve my problem for good, today. It would keep things simple. *sigh*
    07-25-14 01:32 PM
    Yup. One device smack in the middle and I can carry it easily as well. Thank you for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 02:12 PM
    Echoing some others here, my z30 basically replaced my tablets.

Pretty sure the passport will be a suitable tablet replacement for me.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-25-14 04:45 PM
    What about replacing a Nexus 7 with a Passport. I carry a Z30 and a Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 is a great device, but I have carry it in my back pocket and need to set it somewhere when I reach my destination.

A Passport could be the tablet replacement the Z30 was not if, if, if all you use a tablet for is web surfing and entertainment and you don't need the screen real estate. I stream sports on the Nexus 7 and that screen rocks.

I think the Passport could destroy most tablets in the speaker category. Nexus 7's speakers are hardly usable. You actually have to hold it to your ear unless the room is completely silent to hear what people are saying in a podcast, etc.
    07-25-14 05:14 PM
    Rrsdq v

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 07:45 AM