Hello People, i have been a longtime user of the brand since the 8520, and currently using a Z10, the thing is that i want to upgrade my ol but no dead Z10, i bought it back in 2013 in 10.1 days and the celebration giveaway of Apps and with all the updates that i have received from them, the software support have been great, i am not a Business man but i do wish a business phone, the priv is good, but i Dont like Android, with the runtime in my old Z10 i make miracles, miracles not possible on Android, such as have all the Apps running cool while doing other stuff and so on, well thing is that i know bb10 is going away with all the apps unssuported and the whole eol thing, but the passport is such a beaoutiful device for my taste, the LG V20 will be more cool than a passport in specs level, but in SO i prefer and love BB10, i have learned to exploit OS10 totally with these 3 years of use, my regardings about the passport in few words are about performance and usb otg capabilities, performance, the snap 801 is still enough for my needings, well OS10 runs still pretty fine on my aging S4 and so the Android Apps, you users, friends and everothing would mind to tell me how the passport works When you put heavy duty Android Apps (mortal kombat X for example, real racing 3 Android version and apps of this kind), and with the usb otg, does it support DVD and blu Ray external readers? This isn't a veeery important thing to me,i am fine with "standard" usb otg but i wish to know the extents of the usb otg on BB10, and well what are your experiences with such a good device like this, i prefer the passport over the upcoming V20 and all the Android World Who i tried and hated in the past, well a last ask will be what the screen lifting trouble is and if it affects the SE variant of the phone, and well battery life in heavy heavy use, Thanks for your answers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JohnKCG; 08-12-16 at 06:39 PM.
    08-12-16 06:03 PM
    I'm probably one person who knows best. As I currently have the passport and LG V10.
    The Passport is nothing but business. Yes it can play some games, play some Android apps, and take good pictures.
    The Passport OS can't be matched and the physical keyboard rocks.

But place it up against the even older V10 instead of the V20, and the Passport has no fighting chance. Other than the physical keyboard and the better UI.

Even the V10 takes better photos, faster in almost every operation, audio is louder, and all Android apps run flawless.

If you plan on using the Passport for anything more than business like activities, you'll be disappointed in about 6 months.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-12-16 07:48 PM
    oh.... thats delusional.... i wanted the passport because the OS... i also like the V10 for everithing it has, the double front facing, the replaceable battery the double screen also looks good but the battery afaik is the only trouble, hope the V20 comes in 64 gb 6gb of ram and a snap 821, with double camera in front and rear, maybe then i will reconsider leaving OS 10 in past, but Android is.... nougat is even going to bring things already pressent in bb10 but well.... bb10 wont be profitable at all, if microsoft with all the cash failed, bb will do too, well it did and will do on android too.....
    08-12-16 08:01 PM
    Pick up a second battery with LG battery charging station and you'll make it thru a 24 hour day with the V10.

The V10 battery really isn't as bad as one would think, for it being only 3000 mAh.

But the leaked battery size of the V20 sounds even better, 4000 mAh.

Screen shot of my V10 battery.......
    Attached Thumbnails worth of use it?-screenshot_2016-08-12-21-48-31.jpg  
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-12-16 08:49 PM
    Well as long as LG doesnt put modular sh** on our beloved V20 and left the removable battery in its place all will be fine, well before mods send us to hell, i want to know why People are so affraid to talk, i want to know and hear reviews of People Who owns the passport, looks like no one cares about New threads that doesnt have 10.3.3 in its name or in its in defect Chen must die!!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 09:14 AM
    Can't comment regarding games however have an SE ordered day 1. Absolutely no screen lifting issue or any of the other issues some have mentioned with one exception. Backlighting on keyboard has failed to light a few times (3 or 4). A simple reboot has it back in order.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:02 PM
    Using two devices is okay too. Keep the z10 as a backup, and if you get the passport, make sure to keep it in a rugged case and use a screen protector, don't get it wet whatever you do!

If you aren't much of an "apps" person, and do everything in the browser pretty much, then you will be fine. But if you are, Hotspot the V10 or V20 (or whichever one you have) using the feature on your passport and then you can use those apps all you want.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:35 PM
    The Z10 isn't going to be ditched at all, the phone Just resisted 15 minutes of salt water, and have been a good phone, i'm actually using the torch 9810 running bis and the Z10, pretty good experiences, but i'm thinking on the priv because its excellent update support, but keep the Z10 for the os 10 and the priv for the Best of both World, that's what i am thinking right now

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 09:32 PM
    However if important announcements are made until december (which is the month When i will be buying the phone) for BB10, my thinkings would change, however my bet is between the passport, the priv and the V20, Samsung is a shame with its note 7 (a S7 with a different size), their awful update support (two big updates y adi�s mi amigo) and the prize, maybe was the fault with the priv... but the note 7 is a stealing and insult, Sony, well... the ditching of the Z line is awful too, however for the priv i'm thinking in Just one thing, will the updates be like in bb10? My Z10 have been supported since BB10 launched, well... the priv have received one major update, is obviously going to receive nougat, but with 7.0 is going to be two updates, that might say, BlackBerry is killing the priv after nougat? Well maybe yes, maybe not, the phone didn't sell well, the 18 months of support will end in early 2017, but will BlackBerry support the priv after the 18 months pass? Well well another big question... and the final one, will the security patches will still delivered after 18 months? Nor likely i do care for the all new fancy Android version, nougat is going to put a propperly made multitask but... bb10 did that before, like much things made in nougat that already were in BB10 but well... hoping for answers

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 09:50 PM
    I would advise you to buy the Passport from a store where you can return it if you are not satisfied with it. I did the same thing. I couldn't test the SE, I only seen it in pictures and YouTube videos.
    I didn't send it back. For me the Passport SE is the best phone. I use it for emails, GPS, documents, messaging, Games and everything a smartphone can be used for. I can even play GTA SanAndreas on it (APK).
    It has many extra features comparing with the Z10, like Miracas, Wi-Fi direct, it can read the USB external storage device...
    Good luck with your choice.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 05:28 AM
    Oh i think i cant do that, i am from venezuela, and there's no stores in there than do that, in fact the stores there just have the priv, the Z10, The Q10 and the Classic, no more than that, so cant do that my friend, i will be satisfied with the passport as i love OS10 but i have to think in the future, because i Just can buy a phone every 3 years or more so, i think ir has to be a good choice

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 06:14 AM
    And Thanks everyone for yours answers, the People Who dared to post of course

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 06:15 AM
    I came up through the chain from the Bold, Torch, Z10, Z30, I feel very good about the next step I made to the priv no regrets. I couldn't get myself to buy the classic or passport because of the square screens I like watching movies and videos everything is wide screen format these days, when is the last time you seen a square TV? Anyway having landscape mode is important to me plus now I have all the apps, ALL OF THEM! Plus I was able to keep the good stuff from such as: BlackBerry keyboard did I mention how I love the way the BlackBerry keyboard operates? Swipe over to delete a word is a must have, Hub which I use, password keeper, contacts and calendar. I figured I was going to have to switch someday BB10 is falling behind fast and the never going to get here update will probably just be a security patch, which will be very disappointing. Best of luck in your decision. I feel great about mine.
    08-14-16 07:34 AM
    Thanks, probably am buying it from amazon, but i am a bit scared, i dont know what to buy, i Dont know if i am buying the verizon, the atat, the holy unlocked, and more importantly, if i am buying a new priv without the build problems... i am scared to buy a bad one...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 12:09 PM
    Verizon doesn't have Passports so no worries about that. Buy the unlocked one so you can use it on your carrier.
    08-14-16 05:47 PM
    i will be buying it in shopblackberry on december, problem solved, i dont know if things work here like in comicvine, but this thread is answered, so bump it lock it as you wish

08-15-16 04:36 PM
    by the way thanks for all the answers

08-15-16 04:37 PM
    I have had that happen to me on my SE too a couple of times. I used to always reboot it when it happens, but sometimes i just tip it over, so if's facing down and it lights back up again. Maybe the sensors or something, but never had to reboot with the keyboard backlight issue again.
    08-16-16 08:38 AM
    Well as long as LG doesnt put modular sh** on our beloved V20 and left the removable battery in its place all will be fine, well before mods send us to hell, i want to know why People are so affraid to talk, i want to know and hear reviews of People Who owns the passport, looks like no one cares about New threads that doesnt have 10.3.3 in its name or in its in defect Chen must die!!

Posted via CB10
    I own both the Passport and the V10.

Good news with the V20. No mods

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 11:21 PM
    I own both the Passport and the V10.

Good news with the V20. No mods

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but battery is stil weak, 3200 mah is weakling in a flagship these days

Posted via CB10
    09-26-16 09:37 AM
    i will be buying it in shopblackberry on december, problem solved, i dont know if things work here like in comicvine, but this thread is answered, so bump it lock it as you wish

If there will be any left in December. It's a long time. BlackBerry didn't make them in high numbers and with current firesale they might be gone in days/weeks (just bought a bicycle-2016 model two weeks ago. 8am I clicked on "Buy", two hours later when I returned to the website the "item was out of stock".Probably grabbed the last one
    09-26-16 01:43 PM
    Yeah but battery is stil weak, 3200 mah is weakling in a flagship these daysPosted via CB10
    They say, if it's removable, you can get an extended battery that usually doubles that capacity, or another of the same. Check ebay or amazon in that case.
    09-26-16 04:26 PM
    Thanks, but Will be sticking to My Q10 and z10 and even My playbook lol

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 11:45 AM