As noted in my "I Got Mine" post, I've had my new Passport off charger and in continuous use since 2:00 this morning. That's almost 12 hours now. Bluetooth on, WiFi on, Blend on, and it's lucky if it gets to rest for more than five minutes at a time.

56% left on the battery. I'm sure that there are better performers in the market somewhere, but that's one heck of a lifespan as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, I keep eyeballing the screen adhesion like it's going to start releasing leprechauns, but hopefully that's just fruitless paranoia.

Stay solid, lil' Passport.
    10-29-14 01:50 PM
    That's fantastic! I'll be waiting another week or so for mine (ugh thanks digital river) but I'm most excited to be blown away by the battery. As for the adhesive paranoia, I'm pretty sure all of us who have been in this forum anxiously waiting for their Passport will be paranoid. Hopefully we will start seeing more "My Pasport is Perfect" threads...
    10-29-14 02:24 PM
    I had the same thought the second day I had my passport. I did a full battery drain for battery calibration purposes (I know some will disagree with this practice, but different strokes, etc.), and the thing just wouldn't die.

Even when it hit zero percent, it ran for another 30 minutes or so. Absolutely loving the battery life.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    10-29-14 02:39 PM
    That's fantastic! I'll be waiting another week or so for mine (ugh thanks digital river) but I'm most excited to be blown away by the battery. As for the adhesive paranoia, I'm pretty sure all of us who have been in this forum anxiously waiting for their Passport will be paranoid. Hopefully we will start seeing more "My Pasport is Perfect" threads...
    Paranoia yes. I've been looking at my screen and BlackBerry logo I don't know how many times since I red those threads. It's unfortunate for them but, mine is all good. And that battery life....just so nice to charge every 3 days.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:45 PM
    10-29-14 03:27 PM
    Not seeing it myself but I think it may be because I stream podcasts and Rdio.

Also is it best to close apps or leave them minimized for batter life?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:32 PM
    Not seeing it myself but I think it may be because I stream podcasts and Rdio.

Also is it best to close apps or leave them minimized for batter life?

Posted via CB10
    streaming radio does take a lot of battery juice, anything that's related to cellular data is.

for the apps that are minimized, it depends witch apps and their settings, use device monitor to see if a certain app is taking a lot of battery % or not. OS 10.3.1 will come with an option for every app separately that lets you decide if that particular app should use data while minimize, looking forward to that!
    10-29-14 04:49 PM
    I would love to see any other phone that can demonstrate battery life event remotely comparable to the Passport. This morning they had some technical experts on CNBC that where talking about the new Apple phones and the general conclusion was that they were incomplete products because of very limited battery life. They maintained that most people had to walk around with an external battery pack just so they could use the Apple phones as intended The passport has at least twenty hours of battery life even under heavy use .
    It Won't Die-img_20141029_150435.png

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:11 PM
    Actually, my Nokia Lumia 1520 gets equal if not better battery life than the Passport. It has an equally large battery and of course weight and heft.

Both are nice phones and I keep switching back and forth trying to decide which one is better.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-29-14 05:18 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    With the Passport, I just don't worry about battery anymore... it's amazing!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:28 PM
    I charge my phone every one in a half to two days.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:01 PM
    I'm still in the habit of throwing it on the charger every night, regardless of status. That was around 42% after 18 hours. As I said, I know there are probably better performers out there (that Lumia sounds righteous as well), but coming from a device that'd need recharging before I'm even out of the office, this is really a nice turn.

AT&T hit me with a text survey yesterday, by the way. Their final question was how my AT&T experience could be improved in general.

My answer? "AT&T needs to be more open with its relationship with BlackBerry and their new devices. Denial of the Passport is no way to promote exclusive carrier contracts."
    10-30-14 06:43 AM
    Love it. I'd have said the same. Doubt you'll get a reply, but if you do am curious what they say.
    Oh, I'm not expecting an answer. It was just one of those automated after-service surveys they do. My replies will go into a database and hopefully be reviewed by SOMEONE. But it's not like I'll get a direct response.
    10-31-14 06:38 AM
    I usually unplug in the morning at 6am, go all day and all night and do not plug back in until the next evening. so usually 1day 18hrs or so! Very pleased. And thats constant use with screen at 40%.
    10-31-14 07:13 AM