here & there I see this mentioned, even in ATT website specs ...but, I see no QI charger offered anywhere with BB logo ... does anyone have some reliable info about this? Does it comply with the Heins standard, or what? Does it work with after-market wireless QI chargers? Is it enabled on the ATT device? I might go buy the ATT device to replace my square bb passport for that feature... would like to hear the real info without conjecture if possible...
    03-06-15 11:00 AM
    03-06-15 11:17 AM
    If the device is identified as complying to the QI wireless charging standard, then any QI charger will work. I use two of the Nokia dt-900 units, one for home and one for work on my VZW Z30,
    Does not have to be a BlackBerry brand unit, just match the standard.
    Was like about 25 bucks on Amazon, the only issue is that the wall wart is, eh, ahem, apple white, the rest is black.
    03-06-15 11:19 AM
    I have two Tylt Vu Qi chargers, one for home and one for work. Great with my Verizon Z30!
    03-06-15 12:04 PM
    Device and model numberWireless charging technologies
    BlackBerry Z30 STA100-3 Optimized for Qi mats
    BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3 Optimized for Qi mats, Compatible with most PMA mats
    BlackBerry Classic SQC100-2 Optimized for PMA mats, Compatible with most Qi mats
    BlackBerry Classic SQC100-3 Optimized for Qi mats, Compatible with most PMA mats
    BlackBerry Classic SQC100-5 Optimized for Qi mats, Compatible with most PMA mats
    Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    03-06-15 12:50 PM
    So only the at&t PP has wireless charging?

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    03-06-15 02:57 PM
    So only the at&t PP has wireless charging?

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    Yeah...

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    03-06-15 04:16 PM
    Yeah...

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    Are you sure the AT&T version has Qi? Last I knew, The Death Star only supported PMA, so every phone that had Qi everywhere else was either neutered to not have wireless charging or it had to have PMA wireless charging added to it. Samsung's new S6 and S6 Edge have all three major wireless charging built in because they were tired of having to modify their phones for different carriers.

Edit: I just found out that the AT&T Passport supports both Qi and PMA (AWP is the third source built into the S6). That's something for me to consider when I buy another Passport.
    Last edited by Hemlocke; 03-06-15 at 09:46 PM.
    03-06-15 09:25 PM
    I have the AT&T Passport and Just got my PowerBot PB1032 Qi charger. Working fine, even with the Body Glove case sold by AT&T. can't say for sure how well it charges yet, will have to wait for my battery to drain some. Will update later.
    03-10-15 03:56 PM
    so, are you saying you have the PASSPORT, not the CLASSIC, with Qi charge built in ?? I am so jealous, as I would love to have that feature ...I am afraid the USB port on the BB sold passport will succomb to many connections over time... please confirm this is the actual PASSPORT model ...I have the square model, so I imagine yours has the curved corners... tia !!
    I have the AT&T Passport and Just got my PowerBot PB1032 Qi charger. Working fine, even with the Body Glove case sold by AT&T. can't say for sure how well it charges yet, will have to wait for my battery to drain some. Will update later.
    03-10-15 08:27 PM
    so, are you saying you have the PASSPORT, not the CLASSIC, with Qi charge built in ?? I am so jealous, as I would love to have that feature ...I am afraid the USB port on the BB sold passport will succomb to many connections over time... please confirm this is the actual PASSPORT model ...I have the square model, so I imagine yours has the curved corners... tia !!
    Yes, I have the AT&T model (round corners) with Qi charge built in.
    anon(679606) likes this.
    03-10-15 08:30 PM
    is a handy person able to purchase the qi mat and open the bb stock passport & put in that piece ?? ...anyone know ??
    03-10-15 08:50 PM
    I have this one in my cart on amazon. Would love to hear your thoughts after a few days of use.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:12 PM
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...5722640609.jsp

The above link is from the blackberry help on what devices support wireless charging.

Passport SQW100-3

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:06 PM
    My bad... that model number was already posted....

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:06 PM
    I have the SQW100-1... Computer Says No.....

Booooo-urns!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:08 PM
    I have this one in my cart on amazon. Would love to hear your thoughts after a few days of use.

Posted via CB10
    FYI - Its works great! seems to charge pretty quickly. I have it on my desk at work connected to my laptop and just lay my Passport on it whenever I am at my desk. It stays charged . Gets a little warm in the back center, but nothing to worry about. And it charges with the Body Glove cover on. because this one is a slim line model, it's LED is a bit difficult to see once you place the device on it. Solid Green light when plugged in, flashing blue light when charging. Going to try it this weekend with the wall charger and see if I can notice any significant improvement in charging time.
    franchise22 likes this.
    03-12-15 07:26 AM
    MLE724, it will always charge quite a bit faster on the wall charger. There is loss of energy in wireless charging and those wireless chargers never have the amperage of the direct chargers. Still, the wireless chargers is a lot more convenient, at least until USB Type C becomes standard on phones.
    03-14-15 09:29 AM
    Where did you get this charger? I was just searching for this on Amazon and didn't find it.

Type and swiped with a Passport to the world of MOBILE EXCELLENCE!!!!

......my bad. Only now saw the other posts and will do a better search on Amazon
    03-14-15 09:51 AM
    The only Qi charger I have found that doesn't work with the att passport is the new glowing nokia dt 903

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:07 AM
    The Nokia DT-900 and the Google Nexus wireless chargers, if you can find them, are great Qi chargers. I also recommend the Tylt chargers.
    03-14-15 10:13 AM
    In about 5 years from now Apple will adopt wireless charging and the media will claim that apple invented iWiC or iWireless charging, and everyone will be talking about this great new innovation lol.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    MLE724 likes this.
    03-14-15 10:42 AM
    MLE724, it will always charge quite a bit faster on the wall charger. There is loss of energy in wireless charging and those wireless chargers never have the amperage of the direct chargers. Still, the wireless chargers is a lot more convenient, at least until USB Type C becomes standard on phones.
    Yes, charges faster and also the phone and charger pod get hotter.
    03-14-15 11:35 AM
    In about 5 years from now Apple will adopt wireless charging and the media will claim that apple invented iWiC or iWireless charging, and everyone will be talking about this great new innovation lol.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    LMAO...that was awesome.
    You are my new favorite person!!

~Better with Blackberry~
    03-14-15 11:18 PM
    ok ...I have the unlocked blackberry passport without qi charge feature ...can I add it ? I see charge plates on ebay etc. up to 1000mA but the connector to the passport does NOT have a pass-through... anyone seen one with that so a cable could be inserted in case of distance from charge plate? anyone tried putting it into a case back? ...I think I'd buy that if it were available already nicely inserted (like StilGut)...
    04-16-15 04:43 PM