I love my Passport and I'm starting to accept that future BlackBerry devices will run Android. I'm thankful the hub will be there...

But will there be another high-end BlackBerry phone this year?

I can't find anything regarding this besides the Vienna?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 12:42 AM
    No

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    sijones009 likes this.
    03-08-16 12:55 AM
    I highly doubt it
    03-08-16 02:08 AM
    They should release PP -2. 4 GB RAM,200 GB internal storage ,18 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera with SE design (white and black)

Atleast the existing PP owners will upgrade

Sent from Passport
    03-08-16 03:45 AM
    with rumors policy applied by Blackberry , you can expect anything.

i'm and old user of BB, i kept my BB Passport SE on the shelf (didn't sell it ), and using iPhone 6s right now.

i really dream to read an official article telling what will happen for BB os 10, and how they are going to take it
    to be competent to other phones..
    pneumasax likes this.
    03-08-16 04:36 AM
    They should release PP -2. 4 GB RAM,200 GB internal storage ,18 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera with SE design (white and black)

Atleast the existing PP owners will upgrade

Sent from Passport
    Does anyone really need 200gb on a PHONE, ? Just curious

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    03-08-16 06:37 AM
    If there is a Passport 2, it will run Android.
    03-08-16 07:00 AM

Don't know bra! LoL

Black OG Passport 
    03-08-16 07:19 AM

Will there be a Passport 2 / successor?-atpassportpeach_edit.jpg let's pray for Chen to make it come with OS 10.

Black OG Passport 
    03-08-16 07:21 AM
    No

Mia San Mia!
    03-08-16 12:23 PM
    And that's a BIG if...
    03-09-16 11:27 AM
    I really really hate to do this but you leave me no choice.
    Whatever it is you wish just close your eyes and wish for it 3 times.

Will there be a Passport 2 / successor?-article-rape-0112.jpg
    rawkerboi 07 likes this.
    03-09-16 04:36 PM
    Will there be a Passport 2 / successor?-10.gif
    03-09-16 07:35 PM
    Highly doubt there will be Passport 2
    03-09-16 07:51 PM
    What's wrong with the current Passport?

I wouldn't buy a 'droid version of my Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 07:58 PM

Yes.
    03-09-16 09:38 PM
    The passport is an amazing unique form factor if the priv has a decent success I hope they ll have a sequel of the passport just unsure of how I d let bb10 go considering my hate for the android Eco system I have even fantasized of apple buying BlackBerry design and slapping ios on a passport I d rather see that than an android passport...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 09:55 PM
    I recall in a TV, CNBC, Bloomberg type interview to discuss the quarterly earnings following the Passport launch. CEO John Chen had mentioned that they had received 200k pre-orders for the phone and were filing the unexpected demand as soon as possible.

The quote after that was something along the lines of "given the success of the device, I have convinced my team to start working on a second version of this phone"

He went on to say that the phone was under development under the previous management team and he was intrigued by it and "didn't kill it"

Now the debate could be wither this second version was the SE Passport which in my opinion is the best looking phone in the market or if was something else.

A lot of different things have happened in the hardware division since the Passport was launched in September of 2014. I really do think that John Chen figured the handset division would have at least turned the corner a little bit since he took over. Ever since he came on board the sales and general average selling price of the phones have come down, exception to ASP being last quarter with the launch of the higher priced Priv.

The writing is on the wall for the BB10 development but I still think a device might be in the work to keep the general corporate crowd fulfilled. Given something like a higher speced or slightly different styled Classic could be done for relative cheap costs. If people recall the 9900 was introduced in 2011 but was brought back to life in 2014 for a period. Chen had made the decision to have added stock and another option for corporate clients.

In any event the Passport is the next device for me on the list and I look forward to getting this gorgeous phone.

Posted via CB10
    antonrr likes this.
    03-09-16 11:42 PM
    I recall in a TV, CNBC, Bloomberg type interview to discuss the quarterly earnings following the Passport launch. CEO John Chen had mentioned that they had received 200k pre-orders for the phone and were filing the unexpected demand as soon as possible.

The quote after that was something along the lines of "given the success of the device, I have convinced my team to start working on a second version of this phone"
    Can you post a link? Chen has said some strange stuff for sure but he is also very cautious; this does not sound like something he would say unless it was; "Passport is selling better than expected. My wife says I'll need a passport if I keep playing with the phone at night. Maybe I'll tell my team to make another one. Hahahaha".

He went on to say that the phone was under development under the previous management team and he was intrigued by it and "didn't kill it"
    Quite possible it was an older design but I doubt it was actually under development with Heins. BlackBerry had partnered with NationalHealth and one month after the release of the Passport BlackBerry announced that along with NationalHealth they had developed and released a secured clinical browser used specifically to view cancer patients' genomes. The Passport was designed for the health/medical industry. I don't think Heins was going there.

I am confident that BlackBerry will release a Passport 2 targeted for this same industry, but not until 2017 at the earliest. As of now I am believing that it will run BB10 as BlackBerry will keep this OS around for specialty markets such as this.

Now the debate could be wither this second version was the SE Passport which in my opinion is the best looking phone in the market or if was something else.
    If Chen really said what you claim, then most likely it was the SE. Then again despite the cutbacks at BlackBerry they most likely still do have a few sketches of future devices making the rounds.

A lot of different things have happened in the hardware division since the Passport was launched in September of 2014. I really do think that John Chen figured the handset division would have at least turned the corner a little bit since he took over. Ever since he came on board the sales and general average selling price of the phones have come down, exception to ASP being last quarter with the launch of the higher priced Priv.
    I dunno. Chen stated numerous times back then that turn arounds take a long time. He did say however that the turnaround was about two years ahead of schedule but I do not recall exactly when he said that--perhaps early 2015. Chen's focus was and still is on software, security, IoT and automobile OS.

BlackBerry was long in decline before Chen came on board, that is for sure.

The writing is on the wall for the BB10 development but I still think a device might be in the work to keep the general corporate crowd fulfilled. Given something like a higher speced or slightly different styled Classic could be done for relative cheap costs. If people recall the 9900 was introduced in 2011 but was brought back to life in 2014 for a period. Chen had made the decision to have added stock and another option for corporate clients.

In any event the Passport is the next device for me on the list and I look forward to getting this gorgeous phone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Chen did put in an order for more 9900s in early 2014, but was it not the same phone from 2011? There is a market for an updated--slightly updated mind you, don't put your hopes on SD 820s in a Classic 2--and I believe that Chen will do what he can to keep that market for the next 2 or 3 years. BlackBerry has no muscle to flex right now and if 5M BlackBerry users want Android and only 500K want BB10, well guess what, BlackBerry is going to give BB10 to them.
    03-10-16 12:35 AM
    no ,I can not see there been any more blackberry 10 phones
    03-10-16 12:40 AM
    This. Except for the internal storage. I'm happy with 32 or 64gb, but expandable.
    03-11-16 05:27 PM
    If so, it will be a winner again. I think the passport design in my opinion is what a smartphone should be. Time will only tell if a passport 2 will be using bb10 or android. Either way, I will keep my passport until blackberry no longer supports it. Hopefully in 100 years!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 05:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATPassportPeach_edit.jpg 
Views:	1708 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	393589 let's pray for Chen to make it come with OS 10.

Black OG Passport 
    That phone looks pretty cool!!!
    03-11-16 06:58 PM
    From what is happening to BB'hand set business, I dont think there will be any BB10 device at least in the next 2 years.

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    03-11-16 10:40 PM
    If they could make a hybrid BB10 and Droid Passport 2 I think we'd all be thrilled.

It will have Droid though. It has to.

Sent via Passport SE~!
    antonrr likes this.
    03-12-16 09:24 AM
34 12