Not so. Windows runs on Mac officially and OSX runs on some Windows PCs too, via a project called Hackintosh. Its a good idea to fact check before accusing people of being silly!
    Well, what I meant is "officially" not through some hacks. Plus we are talking about BlackBerry here. BlackBerry cannot release an update OTA with full android OS!
    Updating an OS, and installing a different OS are completely different. How can you update a BB10 OS to an android OS?
    Also I thoroughly know what Hackintosh is. Only thing, that cannot be applied here.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:14 AM
    Well, what I meant is "officially" not through some hacks. Plus we are talking about BlackBerry here. BlackBerry cannot release an update OTA with full android OS!
    Updating an OS, and installing a different OS are completely different. How can you update a BB10 OS to an android OS?
    Also I thoroughly know what Hackintosh is. Only thing, that cannot be applied here.

Posted via CB10
    They could just copy personal files...
    09-20-15 02:39 AM
    They could do this through BB link instead of OTA... or, just go to the nearest BlackBerry authorised dealers / service centre and the conversion is free (I hope)... there are so many ways in case they want it to...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:42 AM
    I'm sure we'll have the option to switch operating systems if the Venice is popular. I'm not so sure I'd want to, but I'll be glad if BlackBerry supports old devices in this way.

Posted via CB10
    I seriously doubt this. We are not talking just an upgrade to BB10, we are talking a completely different operating system. I highly doubt BlackBerry will make available android on anything running BB10.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    09-20-15 11:20 AM
    I seriously doubt this. We are not talking just an upgrade to BB10, we are talking a completely different operating system. I highly doubt BlackBerry will make available android on anything running BB10.
    No solid reasoning in your statement. BB10 and Android run natively on ARM SoCs, just because they're different means nothing.

A simple autoloader would probably work fine.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    Moroianu George likes this.
    09-20-15 11:29 AM
    No solid reasoning in your statement. BB10 and Android run natively on ARM SoCs, just because they're different means nothing.

A simple autoloader would probably work fine.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    I'm not saying it CAN'T be done. I said I thought it would be highly unlikely seeing as pretty much all upgrades are done OTA. Not everyone wants to or even has a computer they can use to do this, so why would BlackBerry go through all the development to do this. Especially on old hardware they no longer sell (Q10, Z10). What's in it for BlackBerry.
    09-20-15 11:38 AM
    I'm not saying it CAN'T be done. I said I thought it would be highly unlikely seeing as pretty much all upgrades are done OTA. Not everyone wants to or even has a computer they can use to do this, so why would BlackBerry go through all the development to do this. Especially on old hardware they no longer sell (Q10, Z10). What's in it for BlackBerry.
    Again, your reasoning... When did we start talking about Q10 or Z10? Word of mouth can be a huge factor that drives adoption. That could be reasoning enough.
    09-20-15 01:28 PM
    Guys please don't ask such silly questions. How can you update an OS to a completely different OS? Can you update Windows to Mac OS?!

Posted via CB10
    And I hope it never happens, been Mac since 1987 gonna stay Mac with a bit of Linux : )

 Pr1ngle
    09-20-15 02:12 PM
    And I hope it never happens, been Mac since 1987 gonna stay Mac with a bit of Linux : )

 Pr1ngle
    Please try to understand what I meant! I don't mean a fresh install using a disc or through some hacks. Can you update Windows to Mac OSX through the windows update option?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:27 PM
    Link could easily do a full scratch-load... it knows how to do it now, in fact.
    09-20-15 08:32 PM
    Nope .. but as I come out of other forums like this one .. I found that out of all bb10 devices only bbpassport is the one that could actually work on bbvenice os.
    09-20-15 09:27 PM
    You obviously do not understand the fundamental concept of what a discussion forum like this is for.
    You AND the OP do not understand the fundamental concept of the Search function. This question has been beaten to death and is quite frankly annoying now.

Say no to drugs.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-20-15 09:44 PM
    Only new devices will have Android as they need a fast processor to not lag. Moving backwards in the OS will be a support nightmare. BlackBerry is moving forward on Android and everything before will have a BB10 version that will be stagnant.
    09-20-15 10:18 PM
    BlackBerry has already spoken.

"We remain committed to BlackBerry 10, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched. And while we can�t share details right now, there is more coming to the BlackBerry 10 platform after the June release of 10.3.2 and we will keep you updated.

In addition to BlackBerry 10, we continue to encourage innovation and investment in solutions across all major mobile OS platforms supported by the BES12 platform.

Cheers,
    Lou"
    Yup. It is now the end of September and all I hear about the future of BB10 is crickets.
    09-20-15 10:26 PM
    I guess we will get android too if Venice really using android on the final product

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 11:20 PM
    Nope .. but as I come out of other forums like this one .. I found that out of all bb10 devices only bbpassport is the one that could actually work on bbvenice os.
    So why hasn't cyanogen jumped in ?
    09-20-15 11:29 PM
    cyanogen OS .. thats lot of research man .. they have so many builds there ..
    09-21-15 12:36 AM
    You AND the OP do not understand the fundamental concept of the Search function. This question has been beaten to death and is quite frankly annoying now.

Say no to drugs.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    Let everyone ask all the question they have..
    Let's see the good in everything... forums are for that only.. but ya.. it's good to research and then judge or ask questions..

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 01:45 AM
    Please try to understand what I meant! I don't mean a fresh install using a disc or through some hacks. Can you update Windows to Mac OSX through the windows update option?

Posted via CB10
    Can you watch tv on your coffee machine?

Do you actually have any sort of valid point to make to this discussion?
    ZayDub likes this.
    09-21-15 04:35 AM
    Because not enough people use blackberrys for them to care.
    09-21-15 04:37 AM
    i carnt w8 for paspottt to get good u noe?
    09-21-15 05:09 AM
    Guys please don't ask such silly questions. How can you update an OS to a completely different OS? Can you update Windows to Mac OS?!

Posted via CB10
    My Nexus 4 would like to say hello.

It has ran several versions of Android, including stock and custom ROMs as well as Ubuntu and Jolla Sailfish.

What people are asking for is entirely possible when you actually own the hardware. Only question is if BlackBerry will allow users of their hardware to move to a different OS or not. If I had to bet, I'd say that no, they won't.

Old BB10 devices will more than likely end up being treated the same as legacy OS devices and the PlayBook.
    09-21-15 05:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, but you can do the exact reverse thing, via Boot Camp.

All depends on how your manufacturer supports that scenario.

Wide vision, from Chile.
    09-21-15 06:23 AM
    Can you watch tv on your coffee machine?

Do you actually have any sort of valid point to make to this discussion?
    Your first sentence, is the same as the thread title. I've been trying to say, it's not possible officially on existing passports .

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:27 PM
    The alleged disappearance of the BB10 OS indicates to me the company has no regard for existing customers & won't spend a nicole to update the OS or the Android runtime; I believe 10.3.3 has a significant chance of enhancing the security by removal of the android runtime... I would venture a guess this will result in a class action lawsuit with paralysis of BlackBerry followed by demise... disgraceful management... stockholders might just join the lawsuit... the future is bleak if this scenario holds true... I hope not sincerely !!

Bumpkin
    09-27-15 05:00 PM
92 1234