It really depends upon network speeds, IMO. Will there be higher speeds in the form of 5G? If so, the Passport might seem as slow as a Bold does today. I suppose basic smartphone functions like email will be all right, but I'm afraid the stock browser will be a lot less functional.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3 on T-Mo
    02-11-17 11:54 AM
    The Passport is a great phone but is already out of date....I hope Blackberry makes a new Passport for Android.
    02-11-17 01:11 PM
    Is it relevant now?
    02-11-17 01:20 PM
    Is it relevant now?
    Was it ever relevant at all?
    02-11-17 02:50 PM
    Relevant - closely connected or appropriate to what is being done or considered.

For the general public, it never was and never will be. For those of us who use it and benefit from it, it's not only relevant, but it's the best option out there. That will change for some who even use it and love it now, but most of the things we rely on the Passport for are the things that have the possibility to have a long shelf life. I mean this device came out in 2014 and it seems to still have a pretty good following today. Even if you get a full year out of it before you have to move on, you will not regret it.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    02-11-17 07:48 PM
    I hope so. My Passport SE is my "basic" smartphone. I have 6 pages of apps that I seldom use. The browser works fine for me. Facebook app goes directly the browser Facebook page. Face10 tells me that I have some comments or replies, so that is OK. BBM with my wife, text messages with everyone else. I should be good for another 10 years. And I like the camera.

Posted via CB10
    "I should be good for another 10 years" lol love it!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 08:21 PM
    "I should be good for another 10 years" lol love it!

Posted via CB10
    I'm hopeful too, but this seems a bit far fetched.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 08:37 PM
    ...I just bought my 2nd SE a week ago (other got stolen) I don't purchase in terms of relevance. Bought my e-car years ago, bad reviews, bad performance,...still drive it, 'till she won't move nomore or the world runs out of electricity...
    Here's a solid indicator. If its worth stealing, it's relevant.
    fr4nz and dmlis like this.
    02-12-17 02:15 AM
    If you bought a passport today do you think it would be able to open all the websites you use 2 years down the road.

Will you be able to read and write things on it?
    Will you be able to use somehow the following apps
    Instagram
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Whatsapp
    Bbm

Basically will the passport be a phone thats so obsolete that its hard to use in 2 years time?

Posted via CB10
    Asking the question is not far from the answer. Have some doubt, it is truly th right approch about buying a brand new passport. You have to see this but for year or year. And half. Briefly; for a nice try! So point will be how much? How much you could spend for this try! May be a like new phoe mint condition is for you if is only for leisure and personnal use.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 02:24 AM
    My biggest worry is the web browsers falling behind. Ever try surfing the web with IE6 in modern times? Painful. Not saying BB10 will be that bad in 2 years, but as the web moves forward, browsers stuck in time just get worse. I could have put up with a lot of things on the Playbook, but the lack of a usable browser absolutely killed it. Sooner or later BB10 will suffer the same fate.

For those who use a lot of android apps, eventually those will require higher than 4.3 which will make the current runtime obsolete. The workarounds can only go so far.

It is what it is, and I'm glad to know I have what is the best of the BB10 phones, but I know it can't suit my needs forever.
    02-12-17 05:40 AM
    I can use my old nokia n8 from 2009 as basic smartphone for call,text, camera, music player, Web browsing via opera mini, e-mails, offline navigation, calendar. I'd able to live with that, but I prefer PP for speed, screen size and pkb.
    I'm not a social media and hard chat user, also I need only basic apps.

If you want to be up to date for social media, apps you should change device at least 4-5 years. PP is 2 years old. If you don't want change device in next two years, you should go for mercury or priv if pkb is important for you. If you are in love with PP, get one and you may live with shortcomes.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 05:48 AM
    ...soothing
    02-12-17 05:54 AM
    Funny! Since two days I had so many connexion's problems with may passport... I swith my sim into my Priv everything doing fine and snaps !
    I thing was my last passport using -I am done ! It still good phone for "9900" usage, but other way it often painful.
    02-12-17 11:06 PM
    lol.... 990 usage.... come on!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 12:12 AM
    Beside of apps like Facebook and other social media playing stuff it is an absolutely actual device.

I would be the first to recognise because I neeeed an actual device for my work.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 12:15 AM
    It will likely be functional because there won't be any OS updates that kill native apps. Relevant is not an accurate description, however. How relevant will Android 4.3 be in 2019? It doesn't look good.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 01:14 AM
    Technology moves very fast..nobody know about the future..china always produce new idea to take down america...so we cannot predict about the future....

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 03:05 AM
42 12