After reading all your comments ref android,i had a thought,is it possible that if a new passport is on the design table,it will probably be android.I have passport silver edition,,this is my 11th blackberry cell phone,i have been loyal to BB,through the highs and lows,and have loved the journey.But never thought for a minute we would lose our OS.i am devastated.i understand Blackberrys decision,money money money,as usual,so guys for the next few years,lets enjoy,our blackberrys.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:49 AM
    Don't cry.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:10 AM
    Maybe, but it's a device made for productivity, and BB10 is very productive OS. I'm pretty sure that if they release Passport 2, it will be Android, since it seems like that BlackBerry cares about amount of sold devices. The biggest question is if Passport 2 going to be released and when, since it's been a year since Passport went on sale. I would rather wait to find out and I really want BlackBerry to make Passport successors at least two more years, and with qwerty keyboard.

Black, BlackBerry Z30/ 10.3.2.2639
    10-07-15 07:43 AM
    OMG....not another one of these thread.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 07:53 AM
    since it seems like that BlackBerry cares about amount of sold devices.
    No, really?!

Why do you think that they shouldn't care about that? No sales, no new phones, no more BlackBerry hardware. We're stuck with them as a software company and that's if we're lucky enough that they stay in business at all.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    10-07-15 08:16 AM
    No, really?!

Why do you think that they shouldn't care about that? No sales, no new phones, no more BlackBerry hardware. We're stuck with them as a software company and that's if we're lucky enough that they stay in business at all.

 Posted via CB10 - Passport - 10.3.2.2639 
    BlackBerry will stay in business. That is nothing to be anxious about. The concern for BB10 is a little premature. We all have to realize that BlackBerry has to be profitable in selling devices. They only need to sell around 10 million in a year to do that. If they aren't profitable selling devices, then they cannot afford to lose money and will stop making them.

I really like BB10 and hope that it continues. But worrying about it isn't going to do anything for me or for BlackBerry. We all need to be careful not to jump to conclusions. The jury is out. The Blandroid hasn't even hit the streets yet. I hope it is successful for BlackBerry's sake.

Me, I prefer BB10. I hope it continues to be available. If it goes away, I will have to adjust. A BlackBerry android secured device will be much better than any old Android by any other manufacturer and is certainly better than no BlackBerry device at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 08:57 AM
    Yup, new morning, new Passport running Android thread.

For ****s sake. I'll keep posting this reply every time.
    10-07-15 08:59 AM
    I think the thread about BlackBerry devices should be in "sticky" section, I agree about the new posts every day, because there are older threads about this too, but oh well.

Black, BlackBerry Z30/ 10.3.2.2639
    10-07-15 10:03 AM