Apologies in advance if this is a dumb noob question!

I had a Storm2 on T-Mobile in the UK previously and it was not nearly as bad as some made it out to be. I moved to live and work in Estonia and my problems started as Estonia is about the only country in Europe with no BB provision. I could not load new apps with my Estonian SIM and fundamentally I only had a telephone for making calls and sending texts - all BB functionality was useless. Since that I have been an Android user but I am sick of it.

I have read that the Passport does not rely on the same infrastructural network functionality as older models. Will I be able to rejoin the BB family from here in Tallinn or will functionality still be limited?

I use the Elisa network for all calls and data in Estonia.
    11-23-14 12:27 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes your info is correct. New BB10 devices like the Passport work on regular data plans like any other smartphone.

Your only concern needs to be that the model you get works with your carrier's wireless bands so you can get 3G & 4G properly.
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes your info is correct. New BB10 devices like the Passport work on regular data plans like any other smartphone.

Your only concern needs to be that the model you get works with your carrier's wireless bands so you can get 3G & 4G properly.
    11-23-14 01:35 PM
    There is only one passport model. And, as far as I know, it pretty much runs on all bands around the world. So you should be safe.
    11-23-14 01:43 PM
    HI PD Lawrence

I will be in Estonia for 1-2 months soon. I can invite you for a beer

Q10 PLAY POLAND (EU)
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-23-14 02:36 PM
    So appart from BB World access, you will have all (lately even got bbm to work on 3g for video calls...). But this is really ****ty not to be able doing in app purchase or needing to go to finland or latvia to get apps in bb world. In the end only android apps are easy to get. Better going for an android phone. I guess lack of BB World is probably a no go for me. Todays example: can't use blackberry blend until I update it on the phone, but I can't. BBM complains it is old...
    02-20-15 05:50 PM