Hello all. I'm on an OG PP running 10.3.2876 using T-mobile. How do I get wifi calling to work? I see the wifi calling symbol w the red! Exclamation. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 10:59 PM
    From what I gather, it looks like you have to change the radio or something like that using Sachesi. I have never done it so I don't know how easy or hard it is.
    05-13-16 01:09 AM
    The OS you are running does not support TMO WiFi calling. Use Sachesi to install 10.3.2.2789, or 2813 or 2836.
    I'm on 2836.

TMo WiFi calling is quirky. You need a strong WiFi signal. I frequently find that the phone needs a reboot to get it to work

Before you shut down, leave the app open. When it reboots, it usually works.

I use it regularly when I'm traveling internationally and want to call home from the hotel. Call quality can be spotty.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the update. I didn't realize an app is required. When I hit wifi it automatically asks me if I want wifi calling and to connect to the wifi. When I connect the wifi calling symbol next to the wifi signal indicator (top left) will go grey w a red exclamation.

Based on your description it doesn't sound like I'm missing out on much. Even if that's the case I can see it being handy at times.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 04:42 PM
    I forget where I got the official TMO app. Search the forum. When we first got this feature, there were instructions where to find it.

If you have the red exclamation mark, it isn't working. You see the little phone icon illuminated in white (located upper hand right side near the cell signal bars are displayed).

I don't know if TMO will provide support for the Passport. But the solution is the same as the Z10 that they sold. You might want to phone them. Given that you are a customer, hopefully you will get some help.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 03:38 AM
    Thanks Cyclezib. I now have working wifi calling w T-Mobile. For everyone else trying to do this, NO APP is needed on OS V. 10.3.2.2876. All you have to do is change the radio file which I'm on now using an older file -10.3.2814. Once you hit a wifi zone the phone will prompt you asking if you want to make wifi calls. Once you accept it will automatically make calls in wifi mode. When you leave the wifi zone, the call will drop; it does not transition to LTE or any other band.
    05-15-16 08:08 PM
    Isn't there a TMO wifi calling app that you need to download?
    05-21-16 04:20 PM
    Isn't there a TMO wifi calling app that you need to download?
    There is an app -- I installed it on my phone -- but after reading the comment of NinerJet9, I guess you don't technically need it to give you WiFi calling. But it does help control how or if you want WiFi calling through T-Mobile.

According to the T-Mobile app options, there's a toggle switch to allow/disallow WiFi calling. If you allow it, then it gives you the following 3 options:

(1) WiFi Preferred: Calls are made preferably through WiFi network before using Mobile Data
    (2) WiFi Only: Calls are made only through WiFi networks
    (3) Cellular Preferred: Calls are made preferably through Mobile Data before using WiFi

Earlier, I set mine to 'WiFi Preferred', but the connection seemed dodgy on my end; I often found myself rebooting my phone in order to stop the WiFi calling icon from getting grayed out. And even when I did have the connection established to WiFi, sometimes the calls would drop and not transition to any band, as NinerJet9 mentioned. So, now I set it to 'Cellular Preferred', which is best for me. What I like about the app is that it gives you the ability to remove the WiFi calling icon (if you don't want to see it when it's not in use, as in my case).
    05-21-16 05:03 PM
    I had the same issue on my Classic with WFC. Instead of the reboot method, I used toggle wifi on and off and that normally got back my WFC.

I always keep my WFC as cellular preferred. The Priv sucks with WFC and MMS over WiFi.
    05-21-16 06:28 PM
    I had the same issue on my Classic with WFC. Instead of the reboot method, I used toggle wifi on and off and that normally got back my WFC.

I always keep my WFC as cellular preferred. The Priv sucks with WFC and MMS over WiFi.
    Oh, I tried the WiFi toggle method, too (because I wanted to avoid rebooting), and at first, it seemed to work. But after about an hour or two, the WiFi icon would grey out again. So, I tried rebooting afterwards, but that only made the WiFi calling icon last for a few more hours before eventually it would go grey once more. After actually making a WiFi call and losing the connection midway through, I just gave up and made all my calls Cellular Preferred.

Regarding your Priv, do you have Marshmallow on your phone? I'm just curious if that improves WFC and MMS issues at all. ..or if it makes it worse.
    05-22-16 02:20 AM
    Thank you guys for telling us there is a way to call in wifi call.

I downloaded an Android app for WiFi call and it works very good.

Without this Thread I won't know about it

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-22-16 04:28 PM
    Oh, I tried the WiFi toggle method, too (because I wanted to avoid rebooting), and at first, it seemed to work. But after about an hour or two, the WiFi icon would grey out again. So, I tried rebooting afterwards, but that only made the WiFi calling icon last for a few more hours before eventually it would go grey once more. After actually making a WiFi call and losing the connection midway through, I just gave up and made all my calls Cellular Preferred.

Regarding your Priv, do you have Marshmallow on your phone? I'm just curious if that improves WFC and MMS issues at all. ..or if it makes it worse.
    My Priv is still on lollipop and it sucks when it comes to wifi calling and MMS over WiFi. Hoping that when it gets to marshmallow it all gets resolved.
    05-22-16 11:16 PM
    Thank you guys for telling us there is a way to call in wifi call.

I downloaded an Android app for WiFi call and it works very good.

Without this Thread I won't know about it

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    Hi Rein, what is the App called you downloaded to your Passport? Are you using Snap or Cobalt's system to download Android Apps? Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 12:28 AM
    I'm using Cobalt's System.

The WiFi App WhatsCall. I got it from the Google Play Store.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    05-24-16 02:21 AM