Since I've got my passport it has always asked me if I want to use wifi calling to turn on wifi and it will take me to settings. I have tmobile USA service and even after connecting to wifi it won't use wfif calling anyone seen this issue

Forgiven
    08-29-16 01:34 PM
    Yes, TMO hasn't been showing us love on the Passport. You can only get so far, but it never really works.
    I haven't tinkered with it in quite some time, but here is some additional, general info:
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1680
    08-29-16 04:49 PM
    It works just fine. Did you install the apk to allow you to toggle wifi calling on or off?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 06:22 PM
    Through Google play store.?? haven't tried that yet

Forgiven
    08-29-16 07:10 PM
    Which app is it can't seem to find it do you have a link to it

Forgiven
    08-29-16 07:12 PM
    There are several things you need to check.
    1) on your TMo account, have you set up the Emergency fields?
    The radio file on the latest OS doesn't work with the TMo wifi dialing
    The OS i'm on is 10.3.2789. If you are running a newer OS, you can replace the radio file downgrading to the prior file.

The APK is called tmowificallingsettings-10.1.1.127-nto+armle-v7+signed (4).bar

PM THurask. He recently posted the link to get the APK. I couldn't find his posting.
    08-30-16 08:04 PM
    There are several things you need to check.
    1) on your TMo account, have you set up the Emergency fields?
    The radio file on the latest OS doesn't work with the TMo wifi dialing
    The OS i'm on is 10.3.2789. If you are running a newer OS, you can replace the radio file downgrading to the prior file.

The APK is called tmowificallingsettings-10.1.1.127-nto+armle-v7+signed (4).bar

PM THurask. He recently posted the link to get the APK. I couldn't find his posting.
    "...works just fine..."?? 😄

I like my coffee  BlackBerry� black! What?
    08-31-16 10:12 AM
    The only radio I've found that works with T-Mobile WiFi calling is 10.3.2.2814.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 04:02 PM
    I don't need wifi calling, but I would LOVE to get rid of the icon in my status bar. Is there a way to make my Passport stop trying? The red exclamation point always makes me think I have no service and freaks me out...
    09-06-16 05:04 PM
    I don't need wifi calling, but I would LOVE to get rid of the icon in my status bar. Is there a way to make my Passport stop trying? The red exclamation point always makes me think I have no service and freaks me out...
    I would uninstall the wi-fi calling app, but I believe you can switch it off from inside the app itself.

09-10-16 06:05 PM
    I would uninstall the wi-fi calling app, but I believe you can switch it off from inside the app itself.

BBW won't let me install the app in the first place. This is happening without the app installed and without T-Mobile wifi calling support for my unlocked Passport.

If I could install the app, maybe I could try and turn it off. Problem is, I can't seem to find a copy online.
    09-10-16 11:46 PM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

I'm guessing you tried here. There may be no solution for working wifi calling and TMO with BlackBerry.
    09-12-16 05:42 PM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

I'm guessing you tried here. There may be no solution for working wifi calling and TMO with BlackBerry.
    Yeah, I tried.
    Wifi Calliing-img_20160912_195846.png

Like I said, I just want my passport to stop telling me to use wifi calling, both in a hub notification and it the icon in my status bar. Actually getting wifi calling would just be a bonus.

If anyone has a copy of the bar or apk, I would love to see if it would at least work enough for me to turn wifi calling off. Constantly being told to use a feature I can't use is obnoxious.
    09-12-16 07:03 PM
    If anyone can guide me on how to post a bar file, I think I can solve your problems.
    Below is the title of the bar file that needs to be side loaded. I have it saved on my desk top and will post it if I knew how (bar files are not a supported format for attachments to this forum).

tmowificallingsettings-10.1.1.127-nto+armle-v7+signed (4).bar
    09-12-16 07:16 PM
    OP I was also extremely annoyed by this. I have found that WiFi calling DOES work reasonably well on the previous OS, you will need the Sachesi program and the OS. 2789 and the previous Radio file, I believe. 2813. Works well, is a little buggy at times but not terrible.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 12:27 AM
    you could upload it to your google drive or box or dropbox and provide a link to that here.
    09-14-16 09:40 AM
    Yeah, I tried.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160912_195846.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	408250

Like I said, I just want my passport to stop telling me to use wifi calling, both in a hub notification and it the icon in my status bar. Actually getting wifi calling would just be a bonus.

If anyone has a copy of the bar or apk, I would love to see if it would at least work enough for me to turn wifi calling off. Constantly being told to use a feature I can't use is obnoxious.
    The odd thing is with my Passport, without that app, I don't have WiFi calling options anywhere on the device.
    09-14-16 09:53 AM
    Neither did I, that was the problem. I was getting a Hub notification about using it, and I had the icon in my status bar, but no settings anywhere to do anything about it.

I was sent the bar file, and I turned off wifi calling in the app settings. All is fixed now!
    09-14-16 12:45 PM
    Great! Enjoy your Passport!
    09-14-16 01:03 PM
    Can you share the bar/ radio file?
    10-01-16 08:10 AM
    Interesting issue that they created for no reason....oddly WiFi calling shows red x but when I make a call it works just fine

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 10:11 AM