Out of the blue, my Passport stopped working. It's not dead, it restarts, I can unblock it and I can swipe to screens. But nothing opens. Not even Settings. When I try to open something ( any app, contacts, phone, settings, etc...,) it looks like it's about to open and then nothing happens. Funnily enough, voice command works, but when I ask to open settings for example, the actual app won't open. Soft or Hard reset, taking out chip and card has not helped. It is also not being recognized by Blend or link. My computer recognizes that a blackberry phone has been connected to it, but it's not recognized by BB software.
    I have updates on automatic, so now sure when last OS update occurred.
    Has anyone seen anything like this?
    I may not even be able to go back to last update or factory settings if I can't get it to connect to bb software.
    At the moment am downloading Blend and Link again.

Any suggestions of what to do?
    04-25-15 08:47 AM
    Have you tried rebooting with the volume keys?
    04-25-15 08:51 AM
    Similar issue here, while playing around with BlackBerry assistant. When I give a command to "open (name app here) nothing happens and it tells me it can't find the app. That's with native and non-native apps. Maybe the servers are down.

Posted via CB10
    sanchris likes this.
    04-25-15 09:02 AM
    Have you tried rebooting with the volume keys?
    Yes, thanks..did try that. No love.
    04-25-15 09:14 AM
    Similar issue here, while playing around with BlackBerry assistant. When I give a command to "open (name app here) nothing happens and it tells me it can't find the app. That's with native and non-native apps. Maybe the servers are down.

Posted via CB10
    But can you not open all apps and software? Not sure that's the issue, since we have another passport at home and it's working ok.
    04-25-15 09:16 AM
    If you can't open the phone app, does that mean you also cannot receive or accept calls? What about launching the camera from the lockscreen shortcut? Or like opening Adobe Reader to view an email attachment from the hub?
    04-25-15 09:45 AM
    Unfortunately sounds like you might have to reload the OS.
    04-25-15 09:59 AM
    Sic multiwipe
    10.3.2.500 autoloader
    04-25-15 11:05 AM
    Reload the OS using the autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:57 AM
    If you can't open the phone app, does that mean you also cannot receive or accept calls? What about launching the camera from the lockscreen shortcut? Or like opening Adobe Reader to view an email attachment from the hub?
    It's odd. I can accept calls, a can dial numbers, but that's it. Contacts won't open, Camera won't open, hub shows old messages only and can't open them.

Thanks everyone... Still waiting for OS to download on computer for some reason....veryyyy slooooow.
    Will see if I can reload OS or if something happens once I'm able to re-install blend.

Sucks...not sure when my last backup was.
    04-25-15 12:35 PM
    I solved my issue with a soft reboot. Now it's back to normal. Hopefully someone here can point you in the right direction. Best of luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 03:38 PM
    Hi sanchris - did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same thing right now, it's so frustrating
    11-30-15 05:33 PM