Hi...I have posted about Voicemail issues that I am having with my Passport and it seems others are having the same issues too. I have tried everyones suggestions concerning rebooting, checking the settings, pulling the Sim card out and rebooting, I have even tried a few prayers...and to no avail the issue persists! Just this morning I missed 4 calls that went straight to voice mail, important client calls, and it has become infuriating. Yes the clients left voicemails but in business I hate not answering important calls from clients. I love the Passport, I love the size, the screen, great sound, great call quality, being able to read documents on the screen is great....but this issue of missing important calls has now become a deal breaker for me.

I'd give anything to have this resolved so I can keep my Passport but having missed so many calls over the past two weeks, due to this issue, means I am going to have to return my Passport and go back to my Q10.

As I am about to post this thread I get another voicemail. The Passport is right here next to me, the phone didn't even ring, the call went straight to voicemail. Gotta run, another important client to call back...frustrating
    11-06-14 11:49 AM
    Are the dropped calls occurring when you are in the same geographic area? Possibly poor or shoddy cellular coverage by your service provider.

Other than that possibly a setting by your carrier as to how many rings before it's transferred to your phone. The phone also has settings for call forwarding i.e. if unreachable, if busy, and if no reply. The number it's forwarded to is your service providers voice mail access number.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    ontherock3 likes this.
    11-06-14 12:01 PM
    Have you checked with your carrier to see if they can find the problem?

You may also have to do some testing of your own, perhaps try setting the radio to different modes and see if it helps. For example, try the selection without LTE or maybe the selection without GSM. The options you have will depend on the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    ontherock3 likes this.
    11-06-14 12:10 PM
    What happens when you call your phone in front of you?

Posted via CB10
    ontherock3 likes this.
    11-06-14 01:46 PM
    It could be a carrier problem as I have had this issue with my Z30 when I upgraded to a Passport the problem repeated itself a couple of times then suddenly started to work properly. I'm with Bell

Loving my Passport!
    ontherock3 and ontherock3 like this.
    11-06-14 01:59 PM
    It MAY have something to do with the option in the Calendar to put the phone in silent mode while you are in meetings. If. You are missing calls during events scheduled on your Calendar that could be the reason.

Posted via CB10
    ontherock3 and ontherock3 like this.
    11-06-14 03:11 PM
    i'll give it a try and see what happens
    Have you checked with your carrier to see if they can find the problem?

You may also have to do some testing of your own, perhaps try setting the radio to different modes and see if it helps. For example, try the selection without LTE or maybe the selection without GSM. The options you have will depend on the carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:23 PM
    most times calls go to voicemail even when passport is right in front of me
    What happens when you call your phone in front of you?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:24 PM
    I have meeting mode disabled in the settings
    It MAY have something to do with the option in the Calendar to put the phone in silent mode while you are in meetings. If. You are missing calls during events scheduled on your Calendar that could be the reason.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:25 PM
    I am in city centre with great cell coverage...i'm not out in the country anywhere actually I'm about 1000 ft away from a cell tower

Are the dropped calls occurring when you are in the same geographic area? Possibly poor or shoddy cellular coverage by your service provider.

Other than that possibly a setting by your carrier as to how many rings before it's transferred to your phone. The phone also has settings for call forwarding i.e. if unreachable, if busy, and if no reply. The number it's forwarded to is your service providers voice mail access number.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:26 PM