Just wondering because I think that the stock application runs pretty good

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:50 PM
    Me too. I had Gmaps but BlackBerry maps has never failed me.

Posted Via CB10 on my  Z10
    vanrickman likes this.
    05-29-15 04:54 PM
    Walking and public transit. Google Maps has a better search, in that it will find similar or popular searches as a recommendation. BBMaps is pretty literal. You need to enter the exact place you're looking for or you'll be led astray.
    05-29-15 04:57 PM
    I got lost in montana because of no data, getting lost in montana is not bad thing
    clitrenta, atlasmike, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    05-29-15 04:58 PM
    I tested both for the same routes and google maps delivered more accurate routes
    Barbareren likes this.
    05-29-15 05:13 PM
    Google maps takes into account of traffic much better.

More route options.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7, tfitzpat03 and steph.iosso like this.
    05-29-15 05:14 PM
    There's nothing wrong with thee native BlackBerry maps. It's just the mapping provider for BlackBerry is spotty in certain areas of the world like eastern Europe. It's not BlackBerry fault though.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 05:27 PM
    If I was just driving though, I'd use BBMaps. No issues with routing and traffic notifications. It works well.
    05-29-15 05:30 PM
    Actual turn-by-turn road navigation is similar since BB gets its info from Tom Tom which supplies data to others like Apple Maps and lets face it roads don't change all that much. It's the dynamic info: traffic routing to lanes. POI info and contextual search and also non-auto mapping where Google shines.
    pat-wallace likes this.
    05-29-15 05:39 PM
    Because it gives wrong locations.

Look up St Theresa Parish school, 7207 MO-9, Kansas City, MO 64152, And then compare where it is on google maps. It's "close" but no cigar. This isn't the only one but it's the one I remember most recent because I used it to get to a wedding >.> but I loaded up mobile site for google maps to get there.

It's like apple maps when they came out. It gets locations wrong, or wrong street names
    05-29-15 05:45 PM
    I find Google Maps smarter at the directions it provides. If you compare directions around the DC area provided by both, Google definitely sends you the easier way... or at least the way someone that knows the area would take.

I've had BlackBerry maps fail me in that regard several times, so I don't feel confident using it.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and Denvertorch like this.
    05-29-15 05:50 PM
    I've had BlackBerry maps fail me in that regard several times, so I don't feel confident using it.
    That's me and Magellan on the PlayBook... Once I got BBMaps, I stopped playing around with Magellan.
    05-29-15 06:05 PM
    The stock Map application doesn't even know what country I'm in.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-29-15 06:12 PM

Haha maybe it assumes everyone is at Canada

Posted via CB10
    nick13b and acovey like this.
    05-29-15 06:20 PM

That's hard to believe. Mine tells me exactly where I am, even in the middle of the Atlantic. I've crossed reference the lat lon with a ships GPS. On point.

sk8er_tor and madman0141 like this.
    05-29-15 06:22 PM
    I wish BlackBerry would just purchase Nokia Here maps lol

Via Pasta CB10
    05-29-15 06:43 PM
    If blackberry had public transit on their mapping system and a better smoothed out UI for it, it would be perfect

Blackberry Classic!
    nick13b likes this.
    05-29-15 07:55 PM
    Native app used to be terrible.

It is much better now, and I currently use it instead of GMaps.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-29-15 08:06 PM
    Not available in my country (Peru) waiting since my first BB Bold 9780 and keep waiting, so I need something while they release (I hope so) a new release.
    05-29-15 09:28 PM
    That's hard to believe. Mine tells me exactly where I am, even in the middle of the Atlantic. I've crossed reference the lat lon with a ships GPS. On point.

Come to South America and let me know how well it works. This is a city of 3 million people to whom a modern BlackBerry would be useless.

Here Maps on Android is equally incompetent.

BeMaps Pro works fine, but alas, it depends on BBMaps for street by street navigation.

nyallj and jimoates014 like this.
    05-29-15 09:30 PM
    I rarely have trouble with BB maps but I'm in the US and as best I can tell their North American maps seem to work just fine. I do use Google Maps though too for biking trails and that works great also
    05-29-15 09:36 PM
    I just like google maps better, personally.
    05-29-15 10:34 PM
    If I was just driving though, I'd use BBMaps. No issues with routing and traffic notifications. It works well.
    Same here. I use BlackBerry Maps all the time in Canada and it works exceptionally well for vehicle use. I wouldn't be surprised if it uses less data than Google Maps.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 10:35 PM
    BlackBerry map is good. And gets better over time as you use it more and more. It could have a few features added that Google map has.

Like multiple route options.

Better automatic reroute

Live traffic is a bit off also. But that's produced by users data. Which is a small amount compared to android and Google.

Otherwise BlackBerry map is good and I actually have only it on my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 11:22 PM
    Just wondering because I think that the stock application runs pretty good

Posted via CB10
    I cannot reiterate how blackberry maps is lagging behind and in Kenya the app fails to recognize the region. I therefore have side loaded google maps. These are small things blackberry needs to look into to as these functionality should come out of the box.
    Denvertorch likes this.
    05-30-15 12:10 AM
184 123 ...