Hi,

I have some problem with my Passport ringtone. When someone calls me and I pick up my phone from my desk (it's laying down with it screen up and I DON'T TOUCH THE SCREEN AND KEYBOARD) the phone immediately stop ringing, but when it's laying down on my desk and someone is calling and I leave it alone it's ringing till the voice mail starts. Also when someone is calling when I hold my phone in my hand it's ringing till voice mail starts.

Any ideas what could it be? Phone failure? Software bug?

Thanks in advance for any help
    01-13-15 04:32 PM
    It's not a bug, it's a known feature of BB10. The ringing stops if the phone had been stationary and then you move it, under the assumption that you know it's ringing and that's why it's now moving.

I like the feature, but there are some people that don't, or some that just want it be a setting that can be enabled/disabled per user preference.
    01-13-15 04:58 PM
    When I get a phone call on my land line, mine has the same defect. It stops ringing.

Posted via CB10
    chflower likes this.
    01-13-15 09:00 PM
    So it's a bug, phone failure or normal BlackBerry  10 OS feature?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:04 AM
    Its a feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:58 AM
    Ok thanks for the answer. Maybe i 10.3.1 BlackBerry will enable to manuał turn on or off this future.

Posted via CB 10 using BlackBerry Passport
    01-14-15 02:43 AM
    This supposedly feature of the Passport is beyond annoying and costly. I'm carrying my phone all day and half my calls are missed because it either doesn't ring or stops ringing too quickly so I can't hear it with the noise around me. This really need to be changed to be able to switch the function on and off. The phone is supposed to increase productivity... it doesn't...
    01-19-15 08:14 AM
    I love this feature. It's never been an issue with me. When I hear my phone ringing I can quickly silence it just by touching the screen.
    I carry my phone in my pockets and have never ever missed a call or had the phone ring silence by mistake.
    Yes for some it would be nice to be able to turn this feature off. I'm good with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:36 AM
    Hi,

I have some problem with my Passport ringtone. When someone calls me and I pick up my phone from my desk (it's laying down with it screen up and I DON'T TOUCH THE SCREEN AND KEYBOARD) the phone immediately stop ringing, but when it's laying down on my desk and someone is calling and I leave it alone it's ringing till the voice mail starts. Also when someone is calling when I hold my phone in my hand it's ringing till voice mail starts.

Any ideas what could it be? Phone failure? Software bug?

Thanks in advance for any help
    Go into settings to disable the digitizer! Turn off swipe to pickup!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:49 PM