If we are buying it full price can't we just get it on EBAY or somewhere else?
    Is there any drawbacks?
    09-22-14 10:44 AM
    Is there any drawbacks?
    Because if you buy the phone through the carrier your probably looking at $200 vs $600 buying it outright.
    09-22-14 10:49 AM
    People also charge more on eBay for new releases. Oh, and it's easier to make a warranty claim.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-22-14 10:54 AM
    Also the matter of different variants for a specific set of radio bands.
    FrankIAm and PantherBlitz like this.
    09-22-14 10:54 AM
    I don't think there's any drawbacks. I think it's great it'll be available in the US fairly quickly or else we'd be upset we have to wait weeks or months to get the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:55 AM
    Does anyone know if wifi calling with be available on the passport in the US for use with T-Mobile's service? Since the release of the 9900 when they did away with UMA in the hardware, every BB phone (9900, OS10, etc) wifi calling was not on the phone in it's initial release. It normally took 6-9 months before wifi calling was patched on the device. Does anyone know if they've fixed it and it will be on there from day one?
    09-22-14 10:55 AM
    Does anyone know if wifi calling with be available on the passport in the US for use with T-Mobile's service? Since the release of the 9900 when they did away with UMA in the hardware, every BB phone (9900, OS10, etc) wifi calling was not on the phone in it's initial release. It normally took 6-9 months before wifi calling was patched on the device. Does anyone know if they've fixed it and it will be on there from day one?
    The phones that they support will have wfc. The z30 for example doesn't have it but it does work on their network.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-22-14 11:20 AM
    Because the US is home to the largest consumer market in the world. This is where the most people have the most money to buy sh*t and no smart company would be dumb enough to completely neglect that fact.
    09-22-14 11:25 AM
    Cause I'm on Verizon.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    09-22-14 11:28 AM
    I don't think there's any drawbacks. I think it's great it'll be available in the US fairly quickly or else we'd be upset we have to wait weeks or months to get the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry; some people will be upset about something regardless. Just sit back and watch. =0)

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:31 AM
    The phones that they support will have wfc. The z30 for example doesn't have it but it does work on their network.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    Well - I believe TMO-USA is no longer supporting any new BB phones. So, it sounds like the passport will not have WFC.
    imcurved likes this.
    09-22-14 11:31 AM
    It matters to me because I have upgrades that I can use.

Oh and because I want one really bad.
    09-22-14 11:36 AM
    Is there any drawbacks?
    Because American hardly buy unlocked phones.
    09-22-14 11:58 AM
    Didn't think this thread through did you now? OP

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 12:14 PM
    I've had enough update adventures with my Italian 1st gen galaxy note and most recently a Q5 bought from an Ebay seller advertising the wrong radios.

First, I just want a working physical device to try out. I also don't want return problems with resellers or warranty issues with not being in the region the phone was sold from.
    09-22-14 12:32 PM
    I hope it supports TMobile LTE bands, especially new B12. But I doubt it. Not even T Mobiles own iPhone 6 supports this bend.
    09-22-14 12:33 PM
    Is there any drawbacks?
    Its not up there yet but might try shopblackberry.com after offical announcement
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-22-14 01:07 PM
    Why? The 4 marketing utilities.

Time utility
    Place Utility
    Possession Utility
    Form Utility

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 01:40 PM
    I doubt it will have WIFI calling since BlackBerry and Tmobile don't have a contract. If it is a deal breaker for you, then you may want to hang on to your 9900.
    09-22-14 02:18 PM
    Because the US is home to the largest consumer market in the world. This is where the most people have the most money to buy sh*t and no smart company would be dumb enough to completely neglect that fact.
    Unless, the largest consumer market consists of lots of uninformed consumers who think BlackBerry is dead and BlackBerry phones suck regardless. This hurts a small percentage of left over BlackBerry consumer like me and you as far as the availability timing goes.
    09-22-14 02:22 PM