I'm sure others have noticed or noted moving from a Z30 to a PP my headphones which have volume control no longer works.

Granted they are designed for Apple devices BUT it did work on the Z30.

Any idea why?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:05 PM
    I'll be damned...I just plugged in my Bose OTE phones (Z30)...works like a charm.! I usually use a pair of cheaper ear buds with no volume control running Neutron and the volume buttons..nice.
    ...and they did not add that to the PP..??

Good question as to why...
    Weird.
    12-12-14 09:21 PM
    Really disappointing actually as its such a good convenient feature

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:24 PM
    BlackBerry has informed that the support for Active media control is not available on Z3, and Passport, due to lack of support in chipset/hardware

(search on jira)

Headphones with Passive volume control still works , as does bluetooth volume/fw/nxt/play/stop etc...

don't know about Classic yet

We can only hope that the team has gotten the message from all disappointed users and will make sure to have the necessary hardware wired up in upcoming models

I suggest that everyone who miss this feature, visit https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/ and voice their concerns ....
    Last edited by Morten; 12-12-14 at 11:31 PM.
    12-12-14 10:44 PM
    Same thing with mic3 headsets the allow double tap of the up volume to skip to the next track and double tap of the down volume to skip to the previous. I think the chips,et answer is a cop out. Other phones with similar chipsets support it.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 11:18 PM
    Same thing with mic3 headsets the allow double tap of the up volume to skip to the next track and double tap of the down volume to skip to the previous. I think the chips,et answer is a cop out. Other phones with similar chipsets support it.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you are right! Maybe it's a programming issue?

Oh well, I'll just have to use the device buttons and rather than those built in to by Bose QC20i

I would still encourage those in the market to buy headphones wired with volume controls for Apple devices as most are wired that way

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 11:33 PM
    BlackBerry specifically said it was not just a programming issue, unfortunately.

So for now - for the Bose - hand in the pocket and use the buttons on the phone,..

-or for those who can use over-ear - go wireless and get Plantronics BackBeat Pro, - awesome Bluetooth aptX headphones, with microphone, and all media controls remote on the headphones .... 24+ hours on one charge!
    12-13-14 11:26 PM
    BlackBerry specifically said it was not just a programming issue, unfortunately.

So for now - for the Bose - hand in the pocket and use the buttons on the phone,..

-or for those who can use over-ear - go wireless and get Plantronics BackBeat Pro, - awesome Bluetooth aptX headphones, with microphone, and all media controls remote on the headphones .... 24+ hours on one charge!
    If only these had noise cancellation!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 11:51 PM

Oh well, I'll just have to use the device buttons and rather than those built in to by Bose QC20i

I would still encourage those in the market to buy headphones wired with volume controls for Apple devices as most are wired that way
    Posted via CB10
    I have the Bose QC20, the non-Apple version. I'm waiting for Christmas (literally) to start using my Passport. I hope the headphone controls works with my PP. Does yours not hangup phone calls either?
    12-14-14 09:41 AM
    I have the Bose QC20, the non-Apple version. I'm waiting for Christmas (literally) to start using my Passport. I hope the headphone controls works with my PP. Does yours not hangup phone calls either?
    Everything but the volume works. But the volume is key as the pp is so large it stays in the pocket

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:21 AM
    I too use the apple headset with my Passport and I do find it quite funny that everything but the volume rockers work (as you have mentioned).

Really hope this gets fixed once 10.3.1 launches
    12-15-14 08:24 AM
    I tend to not use volume headsets because they always go up or down on their own when I'm on the ttc and I'm basically spooning with people.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 08:57 AM
    If only these had noise cancellation!

Posted via CB10
    They have noise cancellation.

The Passport uses the passive headset mode, which also Android phones use. There is no way for a software update. Simply buy Android compatible headsets or bluetooth headsets and you are good. You cannot expect that an "Made for Ipod" headset works with a Blackberry.
    12-15-14 08:58 AM
    They have noise cancellation.

The Passport uses the passive headset mode, which also Android phones use. There is no way for a software update. Simply buy Android compatible headsets or bluetooth headsets and you are good. You cannot expect that an "Made for Ipod" headset works with a Blackberry.
    Agreed one should not expect them to work but my point being is BlackBerry did make the Z30 work with them so why not moving forward. Even more puzzling is why someone decided to make another 'standard' to further compound the problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 09:44 AM