Hello

Thanks everyone here who helped me make sense of my blackberry. I have been largely successful. I cannot find my threads to continue there so I will just post a few more questions, hoping to find some answers

To begin with, I must say that iphone has a great site and they respond through chat, call back, or we can call them. They even access our phone, take information and advise us whether the phone has an issue or not. Guess what i found as far as blackberry is concerned, nothing but faqs; none of whih really help with pressing issues.

Anyways google brings me here to find answers which is great.

I tried viber, I can make calls, but cannot take calls because there is no phone icon on the screen to answer the call! Very odd. I sent a message to viber and they duly informed that they don't support blackberry passport, end of conversation. Has anyone been successful with viber? Will re-installing help? Or would that too be a waste of time?

Now I receive text messages but I cannot see any notification settings for ring tone or sounds to adjust text alert. I searched high and low and also the internet, cannot find any information how to do this. Blackberry naturally cannot help because there is no such service, sadly.

Thank you in advance.
    03-11-15 05:16 AM
    Swipe down from top, tap on Notifications, then tap on the mode you want to adjust and go play around with the settings you want to adjust.

I find that bit you wrote about being able to access your iPhone and getting information a bit disturbing.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480!
    bbpassportnewbie likes this.
    03-11-15 05:22 AM
    Hello

Thanks everyone here who helped me make sense of my blackberry. I have been largely successful. I cannot find my threads to continue there so I will just post a few more questions, hoping to find some answers

To begin with, I must say that iphone has a great site and they respond through chat, call back, or we can call them. They even access our phone, take information and advise us whether the phone has an issue or not. Guess what i found as far as blackberry is concerned, nothing but faqs; none of whih really help with pressing issues.

Anyways google brings me here to find answers which is great.

I tried viber, I can make calls, but cannot take calls because there is no phone icon on the screen to answer the call! Very odd. I sent a message to viber and they duly informed that they don't support blackberry passport, end of conversation. Has anyone been successful with viber? Will re-installing help? Or would that too be a waste of time?

Now I receive text messages but I cannot see any notification settings for ring tone or sounds to adjust text alert. I searched high and low and also the internet, cannot find any information how to do this. Blackberry naturally cannot help because there is no such service, sadly.

Thank you in advance.
    Go to settings, notifications, choose the profile you want to change, customise app notifications, text messaging

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 05:23 AM
    You just can't compare BlackBerry to Apple, the size difference, the money difference is enormous..

About your text messages, Settings- Notifications-choose a profile-Customise App Notifications-Text Messages should do the trick

Also, if you click "My Threads" Button at the top of the forum page on PC it will show all the threads you created
    03-11-15 05:25 AM
    Thank you all

I put this thread on my book mark page. I thought I will check now and then. I could see answers but no box to reply! I had to click on my email to reach here. I am sure there must be another way to make all this easier?!

I shall learn eventualy.

Anyway re iphone
    I don't have an iphone. My husband has. His phone was heating up a little (now it is ok and settled) So we got onto the site and they not only came to chat but even took a call back at a time convenient, was very impressed) worth every penny I must add. My husband looks down on my poor blackberry passprt because I am always moaning about one feature or the other. Whereas he has help, to me his iphone looks like like alladdin's lamp! He gets Help whenever he wishes. They then send him a link, ask him simply to click on it. That is all, they get lots of information (not information about what we do on the iphone, but information about his phone. Then they called back and told him that his phone was perfect, they wanted him to give it just few days to settle down. They could see his phone details apparently. How very clever is that?

And no I don't agree with the poster who says that it is iphone, it is the money. I paid almost as much as he paid, perhaps just a difference of �30, no more.

I like how my blackberry sounds and looks but we must give it to iphone, great device, great service, very very clever folks, they are the kings. I don't admit this to my husband though.
    03-11-15 05:36 AM
    Thank you for the tips, let me see if I can figure out how to set sound alerts. I will report shortly. Thanks again, much appreciated.
    03-11-15 05:37 AM
    For viber when someone calls you you have to slide to the right from the bottom of the screen
    You'll not be able to see the answer button good but it works and make sure u have the latest version

CB10 - Q10
    03-11-15 05:42 AM
    And no I don't agree with the poster who says that it is iphone, it is the money. I paid almost as much as he paid, perhaps just a difference of �30, no more.
    We all hope you will enjoy your Passport and will grow to see just how great a device you have.
    Indeed there is a vast difference of manufacturers end user solution service, but here you will find an amazing community of people willing to help you as best we can to ensure your device is setup and running right for you.
    Just toss out any questions, and the Moderators, Ambassadors, Bla1ze and the general community will do our best to help. Welcome to Our World!
    03-11-15 05:45 AM
    Very sorry about my ignorance but I am certainly missing something here. On my notifications, I can only see features to adjust phone ring tones, nothing about text. No question about "profiles" or "customise app notifications," I cannot see anything like that. However I can see something called "contacts" which would allow me to customise sounds. I think for the time being I have to settle for that and make sure that the person's text that I want to receive as a matter of urgency, I could set a ring tone for that. Everyone else will have to wait for me to check I suppose.
    03-11-15 05:49 AM
    Thank you. This forum is a great helpline.

But you see my ignorance is out there for everyone to see,if blackberry had helpline, only they would have seen it.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-11-15 05:52 AM
    Very sorry about my ignorance but I am certainly missing something here. On my notifications, I can only see features to adjust phone ring tones, nothing about text. No question about "profiles" or "customise app notifications," I cannot see anything like that. However I can see something called "contacts" which would allow me to customise sounds. I think for the time being I have to settle for that and make sure that the person's text that I want to receive as a matter of urgency, I could set a ring tone for that. Everyone else will have to wait for me to check I suppose.
    Notifications > scroll to bottom [applications] > text messages

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 06:02 AM
    If you pull down from the Top of screen (2 Fingers) or select Settings - then:
    System Settings | Notifications | Normal | Customize App - you will see most all apps that you can then select and modify notifications. How they work, sounds etc. and what occurs.
    Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_070636.png
    03-11-15 06:08 AM
    So sorry I definitely cannot see any app notifications. On my notifications screen I see
    active profile
    ringtone
    profiles
    (normal, phone calls only, vibrate only, silent, meeting, bedside)
    contacts
    contact notifications
    lock screen notifications
    END (nothing to scroll down)
    03-11-15 06:12 AM
    Thank you. This forum is a great helpline.

But you see my ignorance is out there for everyone to see,if blackberry had helpline, only they would have seen it.
    Yes but you give us a chance to help someboby,My solution is go to Contacts..press the one you are concerned about...Press EDIT...scroll down to ...Ring tones and notifications..make your changes and you should be good,now I have done my good deed of the day ,thanks for the opportunity,lol
    03-11-15 06:17 AM
    Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_072022.png
    Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_072033.png
    Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_072048.png
    Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_072111.png
    Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_072128.png
    Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_072151.png

Passport guys Rock!!!
    03-11-15 06:26 AM
    Hi , so if you are on 10.3.0 then
    Either swipe down from top to access quick settings menu or goto setup app. Then select notifications. Scroll to bottom of screen and select Applications then select text messages

Attachment 340418
    Attachment 340417
    Attachment 340419
    Attachment 340420
    Attachment 340421
    Attached Thumbnails Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_091645.png   Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_091631.png   Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_091533.png   Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_091504.png   Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_091458.png  

Why aren't I getting test notifications on my BlackBerry Passport?-img_20150311_091445.png  
    Last edited by solsticegt1; 03-11-15 at 08:27 AM.
    03-11-15 08:15 AM
    Thank you ! However I honestly cannot see that "text messages" section in the last post. I know how to choose ring tones and set alerts. My issue is that I simply cannot see or understand from your long line of screenshots, where the "text messages" part is. That is what I need to know. Your post shows "text messages" after "blackberry assistant". I have "device connections" after blackberry assistant. So if someone could help me spot where the text messages section is, I think I could manage the rest. Thanks

And just now, I noticed that the low part of the screen flickers when I touch the screen. I think this will soon be confined to my recycling bin:'(
    03-11-15 06:18 PM
    Thanks everyone else who tried to help. I am very sorry I think I don't quite understand some of the features, sorry if it was frustrating to help me. But I think I must leave the forum because I can see that folks have started to get frustrated to the point of abusing. I can only assure you that my queries were genuine.
    03-11-15 06:41 PM
    Solsticegt1 gave you step by step instructions with pics. You will find that to be the solution to what you need. (to show this is not abuse)

03-11-15 07:49 PM
    As for the flickering, best thing for you to do is to restart your phone ever so often. Because I'm not sure you will be able to handle loading the 10.3.1.2480 leak in the forum.
    If that gets too frustrating, then you may be better off with an iPhone. They're simple enough.

03-11-15 07:54 PM
    Again:

03-11-15 07:54 PM
    Thanks everyone else who tried to help. I am very sorry I think I don't quite understand some of the features, sorry if it was frustrating to help me. But I think I must leave the forum because I can see that folks have started to get frustrated to the point of abusing. I can only assure you that my queries were genuine.
    I will be reaching out to you via email shortly, but I wanted to respond here. We don't want you to leave. As you can see most are trying to help, please don't be frustrated because someone called you a rude name. That situation has been handled. Trust me he's sorry. He's actually a pretty cool guy most times I think he just had a small lapse in judgment, but he's as helpful as the rest of us. Please stay.
    03-11-15 08:32 PM