Hi,

I was waiting for months to get the BlackBerry Passport and finally I bought it few weeks ago. In the beginning it felt amazing. The size, screen etc. After using it for few weeks I realised that it is a heavy phone. I made a phonecall few days ago (around 50 mins) and had cramps in my right hand. Didn't felt good. Few hours later it went away. The next day I got a call (around 20 mins) and the cramps came back. I think it came because the way u need to hold the phone when you call (and its heavy). So with some pain in my heart I returned the Passport and got Samsung Alpha. Im wondering if somebody else had the same problem?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-14 09:20 AM
    My passport was so massive that the gravity caused it to collapse in on itself and it formed a black hole.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:24 AM
    I actually like the weight of the phone. It's very well built and it's not a problem for me. I do a lot of talking on the phone as well but generally have a bluetooth headset that I use. Passport is not for everyone but it work great for me. Sorry to hear it didn't work out in your situation.

Passport on AT&T
    11-22-14 09:27 AM
    If you're getting cramps in your hand or arm because the phone is too 'heavy' you need to do some kind of strength exercises. It's ounces in weight. Could just be the way you're holding the phone. Never had any issues. Sometimes the width is a hindrance when pulling it out of the pocket but I've never missed a call because of it. I love this phone.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-22-14 09:32 AM
    Lol... cramps from holding a 196g object. Certainly we have all but derailed human evolution.

I use speakerphone for longer calls quite often, mostly because I've never liked holding anything to my head for long periods of time.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:00 AM
    My passport is so big I had to buy a wrist brace and add a shoulder strap to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:39 AM
    The weight was instantly familiar, as my previous phone was the Nokia Lumia 920. That device was considered heavy as well (about 183 grams).

Now, a phone of what most consider a ''normal'' weight seems too light to me.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    11-22-14 10:40 AM
    Sexy secretary to hold the passport with two hands while calling or Bluetooth headset

Z10 (red) OS 10.2.2.1609 Q5 (red) OS 10.3.0.1418
    11-22-14 10:42 AM
    These type of posts keep going and going and going . . .

wincyUt and chopachain like this.
    11-22-14 10:49 AM
    Hi,

I was waiting for months to get the BlackBerry Passport and finally I bought it few weeks ago. In the beginning it felt amazing. The size, screen etc. After using it for few weeks I realised that it is a heavy phone. I made a phonecall few days ago (around 50 mins) and had cramps in my right hand. Didn't felt good. Few hours later it went away. The next day I got a call (around 20 mins) and the cramps came back. I think it came because the way u need to hold the phone when you call (and its heavy). So with some pain in my heart I returned the Passport and got Samsung Alpha. Im wondering if somebody else had the same problem?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Haha cramps... sorry. Um try switching hands mid call?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:50 AM
    Why not get a z30

Posted via zedten
    GeoK likes this.
    11-22-14 10:52 AM
    The weights great. I hate those light plastic phones
    iToya and jupiter8 like this.
    11-22-14 10:54 AM
    That's funny I went from the Alpha to the Passport because my hands were becoming grotesquely disfigured from holding such a narrow, lightweight device. As a male hand model, had to make this painful decision.

Posted via CB10
    robtanz, Coraya, thymaster and 6 others like this.
    11-22-14 11:20 AM
    I had (and loved) a Nokia E90 which weighed in at 210g. It was massive but the build quality and heft was reassuring. The 196g of the Passport wouldn't phase me at all. Of course I'm on Verizon so Classic will be my next BlackBerry. I'm guessing it will weigh in somewhere between 140g and 155g. The Q10 weighs 139g.
    11-22-14 11:31 AM
    Very sad we are becoming a planet of weaklings... cannot hold a 7 oz phone... hmmm......
    hpjrt, ChainPunch, mk2234 and 3 others like this.
    11-22-14 11:34 AM
    My passport was so massive that the gravity caused it to collapse in on itself and it formed a black hole.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure where you are located....but I swear I felt that black hole draft of yours the other day when I was on my PP ....but I had my breakfast that morning so I held onto the device pretty good. No strain. Close call...
    11-22-14 11:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I guess the black hole in the movie Interstellar was actually the 5th Dimensional being's lost Passport. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:59 AM
    That's why you don't answer my calls!!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 01:45 PM
    Heavy? Dear lord, only someone brought up on phones of the last few years could say it was actually heavy. It isn't even that wide lets be honest. I don't have big hands and there is no problem with holding it . . . . Or hauling its gargantuan bulk from A to B.
    wincyUt and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    11-22-14 01:50 PM
    If the phone did not work for you, then return it and be done with it. On a funny note: It sounds like it is time for a Rocky style training video shot on the passport, using story maker, of you training to be able to hold up a passport if you decide to keep it.
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    11-22-14 02:02 PM
    If you're having cramps that easily with a phone that could be a sign of bad health. I have a friend who's hands were a tad shaky and had cramps peeling an apple. She didn't follow up with her doctor early enough so she suffered a stroke the week following. She's ok but she can't do any more long physical work anymore. You need to check with your doctor.
    Evindzer, wincyUt and GeoK like this.
    11-22-14 02:31 PM
    My passport is so big I had to buy a wrist brace and add a shoulder strap to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    That's funny coming from hercules

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Evindzer, lotuslanderz and ponpiri like this.
    11-22-14 02:40 PM
    It's about the same weight as the mid 90's Motorola analog flip phones. The saving grace of those were their 20 minute talk time.

(Just trying to help OP. But seriously if you hold the same position for 50 minutes what do you expect? It's not the weight of the phone.)

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-22-14 03:03 PM
    the OP must not be from the days of the old heavy first generation mobile phones. I would have invested in a blue tooth headset or a wired cord before I would have given up so quickly and returned. it. I hope you are happy with your replacement
    11-22-14 03:04 PM
    Hey mom can you buy me a Blackberry passport! This one is to heavy for me.
    Who returned Passport due to width and weight?-images.jpeg
    ponpiri and twis like this.
    11-22-14 03:35 PM
73 123