Just ordered my Passport today, I've always gone with a simple hard shell case as I prefer the phone to be as close to naked as possible. I like enough of a lip on the front to protect the screen and the same on the back for the camera.

Looks like the basic hard case from blackberry will satisfy requirements but I just wanted to see what everyone else out there thinks.

Thanks in advance.
    11-26-14 11:36 AM
    Hard Shell is the way to go for the regular guy or gal.You might not realize the case is actually on,with the Logo on the back looks and feels great.Congrats and enjoy the trip ,haha now that you have your Passport.
    11-26-14 11:46 AM
    I don't like cases, rarely have one on but I bought the hard shell anyway. You barely noticed it, and the fell of the back of the phone is even better with the case on.

Yesterday I dropped my phone in the street, thank god the hard shell was on, it fell on the corner, the case is damaged a bit but the phone is intact! That case already payed for itself.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    11-26-14 11:54 AM
    Got it and love it. A screen protector comes with it too. Before I got it I always had a fear of dropping it. The hard shell gives it a more secure grip feel to me.
    11-26-14 12:04 PM
    Using it and barely notice it. To me the feel is better than without it.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:05 PM
    Using it and barely notice it. To me the feel is better than without it.

Posted via CB10
    That's what she said.

Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    Skatophilia likes this.
    11-26-14 12:16 PM
    I wasn't going to start a new thread about this but now that you ask...

I've heard nothing but praise about this case so I went ahead and ordered it. However, it does not fit as well as I expected. All four corners wobble and there is very noticeable play with both the top corners and creaking going on with the bottom two. I haven't read any complaints concerning this so mine may be an isolated issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 01:04 PM
    I've got one and the Passport snapped in it without fuss or problem. Mine doesn't wobble on the corners. I barely notice it on the phone but it does make it easier to pick up if you've put it face down.

I'd recommend it highly.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-26-14 01:09 PM

I've heard nothing but praise about this case so I went ahead and ordered it. However, it does not fit as well as I expected. All four corners wobble and there is very noticeable play with both the top corners and creaking going on with the bottom two. I haven't read any complaints concerning this so mine may be an isolated issue.

Posted via CB10
    Mine does the same thing but only on the top two corners

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 02:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    No you aren't the only one, mine creaks at the top left corner but it's not a huge deal breaker for me. I like the case but I really want a BlackBerry official pouch with the sleep magnet incorporated.

But I have a feeling we may be waiting a long time for an official BlackBerry pouch.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 and jojo beaconsfield like this.
    11-26-14 02:51 PM
    Have a black hard shell and a white hard shell. The white one has been on for a bit now and the device gets so much more attention... not that it needs more attention. My first Z10 was white with a black back that my sister is using now. I really like the "oreo" type look. I think it looks really nice with the white as well depending on what look you are going for and almost prevents the temptation to order a white Passport lol... the red is killer looking though. Wish I could justify getting one!

Back on topic, both the black and white fit perfectly without issue and feel as though the device is naked. Used the leather pouch for the Z devices and ordered black backs from CB for a similar look compared to the Passport with the white hard shell.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 02:57 PM
    I have it and use it every second of the day. I only take it off to show off the Passport in all her naked glory!

The case is very light, slim and protects all 4 corners. It also creates a small edge so the screen isn't touching the surface.

It also comes with a screen protector.

It has also has a nice rubber feel with the BlackBerry logo at the back.

Just buy it!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 02:59 PM
    I have a hard case and it fine, also the grip is better because the phone is thicker.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 03:30 PM
    I have one. Better with than without.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 03:39 PM
    The shell is great. Also instant access without the need to flip something over. My case is also wobbly at the corners, just a little. I think I will bend my Passport a little to make it fit tighter. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 03:41 PM
    Mine fits nice and tight. When it is on the table or in my pocket I hardly notice there is anything on the phone. Feels great in my hand too.

Posted with my Passport from CB10
    11-26-14 04:24 PM
    I got mine this week and am very happy with it. Even the screen protector is very usable. Go for it

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 04:37 PM
    It's okay but it's left marks on my passport where it clips on!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 04:39 PM
    It is nice but the logo has stickers that come off easily I lost 2 so I got rid of all of them

Posted via the most amazing Sq device that people call a Passport
    11-26-14 04:46 PM
    Wished I had it when I dropped my PP from almost 5ft onto pavement. Dinged the corner which would not have happened had i received my hard shell. They were near impossible to find and had to order online. Received it 2 days after I dropped mine. Highly recommended. No issues with quality and nothing coming off. Go for it.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    11-26-14 04:51 PM
    It's a great shell, but I have the same feeling I have with it as I did with the Z30 shell... they should heve used the same material/concept as with the Z10 shell. It fits (snaps on) perfect (both the Z30 shell and passport shell have just a tiny little bit of room to spare in the corners) and, in my view, offers even better protection due to the fact that it is softer.

But all in all a good shell and good screenprotector.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:00 PM
    It's a well-made, inconspicuous case. I have one, plus the leather flip case, which is also good.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 05:04 PM
    I have the OEM hardshell and the Amzer Pudding TPU case.

I had the hardshell for the first month+ that I owned my passport. It's a great case as far as feel and fit. My issue is that it doesn't protect the top or side metal edges of your Passport.

I dinged my passport twice that first month even though I had the hardshell on. Once the top edge of my passport hit my desk as I was raising it and another time my car seatbelt hit the metal edge of the Passport as I was taking it off and scuffed the metal edge.

So I ordered the Amzer case and it protects all around the edges of the Passport. My passport wouldn't have been dinged if I had this case on. The Amzer case is very slim and adds nice grip. It gives me more peace of mind that the hardshell and it's also more than half the price which is great.

So I would go with the Amzer case over the hardshell.

A good strategy would be to buy the Amzer first @ $12. I'm sure you will like it but if you don't you can order the hardshell at a higher price @ $30+ and get less protection with similar feel. :-)

Here is the Amzer case:
    Who has the Blackberry Hard Shell Case? How is it?-img_20141027_183014_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    babaroga and Steelsheen like this.
    11-26-14 05:45 PM
    My OEM hard case fits perfect.
    no wobble, no spaces. Firm and tight.
    Looks good and (knock on wood) I have not dropped the phone yet, so I cannot say how much the protection will be.
    As you can see it fits in my Record Moda Custodia case without a problem.

Who has the Blackberry Hard Shell Case? How is it?-img_243.jpg
    Steelsheen likes this.
    11-26-14 06:00 PM
    I also bought the BB shell. I also ordered the TPU shell.
    The BB shell, did not protect as well as the TPU shell. Plus, The section of TPU which runs around the edge of the phoneis textured which allows a better grip. Lastly, I used sandpaper to rough up the back of the TPU. This vastly improved my ability to hold the phone and type with two thumbs.
    11-26-14 06:19 PM
59 123