It's not nearly as bad as I feared after reading the reviews. I figured there was a 50% chance I'd return it, but now that I've been playing with it for a couple hours, I'm 95% sure I'm keeping it. And the build quality, HOLY CRAP. It's like a luxury product.

Though if they made a 4" version with a 4th row on the keyboard, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.
    09-25-14 06:13 PM
    Oh it big, but I'm old school BlackBerry from the 957, it's kinda makes me feel nostalgic.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    09-25-14 06:22 PM
    The other week I saw a review of one Android device or other, where the reviewer gushed a bit (expressing how big an impact a very simple little design choice can have), over how it had this shallow dimple on the back, which you'd put the tip of a finger into, providing a more secure grip and a swivel point.

If there comes a point where I decide I can afford a Passport, I may try carving one or two strategically placed such dimples into whatever soft case I put the device into, and see how that feels (I may do it right now, with my Z30, come to think of it).

The passport is absolutely for two-handed use, but there are many modes of handling for any device, in various use cases (holding it whilst typing, speaking on the phone, perusing content with limited interactivity, fishing the phone out ouf your pocket/putting it back, etc, etc...), so any additional grip would be useful; one-, or two-, or three-handed. :7
    09-25-14 06:33 PM
28 12