Hi everyone.
    Bought white Passport which as a whole is put nicely together except one small issue.

The "T" button is not quite in line with the other buttons in the top line and there is a visible gap above the button. It also sits a fraction of a milimetre lower then other buttons. I would say that this combination what created the gap above the button.
    The response, length of the travel and the "click" is the same as any other button on the keyboard. Would you consider this as an issue? On the black Passport this small gap would be absolutely invisible (as everything is black) but on the white one it quite stands out.

Talked to Blackberry, told them as the phone is only a week old I do not accept repair or replacement with a refurbished handset. I've been asked to send some photos.

They accepted the issue and said they'll send me a new phone without accessories. As the phone will be without accessories (have no idea how it'll be boxed and sealed), how can I find out it will be really a new phone and not a refurb?
    Attached Thumbnails White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-passport-keyboard.jpg  
    11-02-16 10:15 AM
    11-02-16 10:18 AM
    11-02-16 10:22 AM
    11-02-16 10:24 AM
    Oh that's a glaring defect for sure.

How did you contact BlackBerry directly? Aren't these handled by digital river?

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    11-02-16 10:41 AM
    Oh that's a glaring defect for sure.

How did you contact BlackBerry directly? Aren't these handled by digital river?

Contacted Blackberry Customer Support.

However you look at it (doesn't matter I bought the phone in sale), it is still �430/$500 phone/ Blackberry's flagship. New keyboard is available on the net for around $15.
    How much is the manufacturing cost? $1-2-3?.
    Of course in those high volumes it sometimes happens that a part is not 100%. In the first place something like this should never get through their QC. So why should I keep looking at something that is not perfect? For $500 it should be.
    0.5-1mm difference in gaps in cars' body panels is acceptable. In this sort of fine craftsmanship it is not.

Go to the shop, get the watch fo a few $ dollars you've always wanted, open the box and number 12 is not right on the top but more like 2-3 minutes to 12. Would you accept it? Hope you've got the point now
    11-02-16 11:17 AM
    Contacted Blackberry Customer Support.

However you look at it (doesn't matter I bought the phone in sale), it is still �430/$500 phone/ Blackberry's flagship. New keyboard is available on the net for around $15.
    How much is the manufacturing cost? $1-2-3?.
    Of course in those high volumes it sometimes happens that a part is not 100%. In the first place something like this should never get through their QC. So why should I keep looking at something that is not perfect? For $500 it should be.
    0.5-1mm difference in gaps in cars' body panels is acceptable. In this sort of fine craftsmanship it is not.

Go to the shop, get the watch fo a few $ dollars you've always wanted, open the box and number 12 is not right on the top but more like 2-3 minutes to 12. Would you accept it? Hope you've got the point now
    I'm not sure if this was meant for my comment specifically, but just to clarify when I said "that's a glaring defect" that means it is a very obvious defect or that it really stands out, and thus, should be returned for a new one.

11-02-16 11:26 AM
    Really sorry for misunderstanding. English is not my native language and even if I had a brief look what a "glaring" means, somehow I didn't get it right.
    It was mostly that "Oh" at th begging of your sentence what confused me.

Regarding Blackberry's response I have to say they were really good. I've re a lot about dealing with them/ Digital River-whatever... due to my busy schedule it was actually them chasing me to sort it out. Either it was mails ar calls.
    11-02-16 11:53 AM
    240 views and no valuable info? Nobody with white Passport has a bit crippled keyboard? Nobody ever got their handset replaced and could say what to look at? Got a notification earlier, new (whatever I means) Passport should be delivered today at the end of the day- in about 4-5 hours.

Slightest suspicion new handset is not brand new and both will be going where they came from and will get another from Holland/Germany.
    11-03-16 08:35 AM
    New one will obviously have all the protective plastic films in place; I don't think it should be too hard to spot signs of use, fingerprints etc.

Hope it's a good one!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 09:03 AM
    Protective films will be a MUST! On the other hand manufacturer most likely has got resources to make lightly used phone just like new.
    Will have a close look when it arrives, CSI Miami will be compare to me like to bunch of school kids
    11-03-16 12:34 PM
    Protective films will be a MUST! On the other hand manufacturer most likely has got resources to make lightly used phone just like new.
    Will have a close look when it arrives, CSI Miami will be compare to me like to bunch of school kids
    Don't forget you Sunglasses.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 12:45 PM
    Will be rather without them to see details better
    11-03-16 01:33 PM
    Honestly people send back their phones for the tiniest things. I can't even see any defect after staring at that T key for a while.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 03:36 PM
    So what I've found today. The phone was boxed really well. A few things caught my attention after removing the phone from the soft pouch.
    Phone didn't have protective foil on the battery cover.

The foil which protects the camera lens had air bubbles underneath (none of my two Passports had it and none of the Unboxing Passport videos on YouTube got it either).

The red strip of the camera protector was under the sim card cover. Any new Passport has the protector with white bit in the bottom right corner for removing.

The SIM/SD card cover was easily removable-gets easier to remove when repeated. They are pretty tough when new, on my 6mth old Passport or on the current White PP the cover was so stiff that I wasn't sure what was going to give up first, my nail or the plastic cover.

The brown plastic behind the SIM/SD slots has got vertical scratches as if cards had been inserted before ( I know from the forum that these slots are sensitive to damage and was inserting the cards with caution and without wiggling.

The battery cover has about 5mm long gap between the cover and the steel frame on both sides of the charging slot. It clears when pressed. Black and first white Passport got tight fit. Had the cover on the new phone been removed?

Will have to have a close look but it seems there is some mess with the paperwork. The first page of the Packing List states the date 11/02/2016, whilst the second page states the date 11/04/2016. I received the phone on the 11/03/2016 .
    Also second page states something like GRS PM Repaired..... whatever it means- will have to check with Blackberry.

For now I doubt this is a brand new phone.

White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-1.jpg
    White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-2.jpg
    White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-3.jpg
    White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-4.jpg
    White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-5.jpg
    White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-6.jpg
    White Passport keybord issue, Blackberry agreed on replacement-7.jpg
    11-03-16 06:41 PM
    Maybe they had to do an inspection because you complained about the darndest little thing.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    11-03-16 06:46 PM
    Maybe they had to do an inspection because you complained about the darndest little thing.

Posted via CB10
    A few people appreciated me being around when buying used car/motorbike. Polished interior, bodywork and shiny tire sidewalls is not an indication the vehicle is in a good condition. I look at different things
    11-04-16 02:44 AM
    A few people appreciated me being around when buying used car/motorbike. Polished interior, bodywork and shiny tire sidewalls is not an indication the vehicle is in a good condition. I look at different things
    Yea.... I hold a vehicle in a higher regard than a mobile device. Just reading your gripes I'm exhausted lol, perhaps you should return and go with another device to save all parties involved

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 03:34 AM
    Thanks for advice. Let's leave it now, I have no intention to start a fight, right? If you wanted to help/give you view, you can do it in a normal way. Something that is fine/a minor problem for you can be a problem for someone else. We are all different.
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    11-04-16 09:09 AM
    I agree with Jebe4. If you're going to return a perfectly functioning device because of a barely noticeable and minor keyboard letter spacing, maybe a pkb device is not for you as it has a lot of moving parts. A slab might be best. I'm sure if I go looking for some form of physical deformity on my passport I can find it. And after you returned it already, you're complaining your replacement might be fairly used because it's missing a few wrappers even though it's a perfectly functioning device and your perceived physical deformity issue solved. Hmm

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 09:47 AM
    I understand your point but I need the PKB. But look at it from the other side. This is not about the minor keyboard letter spacing or the number of moving parts. It's more about the principles and facts (sorry I'll make it a bit off topic at the end )...

What I'll write next is coming from me as a Blackberry enthusiast but a critic at the same time.

Who is Blackberry.... Once (not that long ago) one of the leading brands which had around 50% market share. One of the things they've became so loved and famous where their physical keyboards which they made for years. They've got a KNOW HOW and during this time they've had more than enough time to bring it to a perfection.

The fact is that if they weren't able to get it right after all those bloody years, it is their f....g problem, not mine.

Phoneophyllic wrote here on page 3 .. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...45/index3.html ... "My tolerance for QC faults with expensive phones is low. The problem is, once you see a flaw, you can't 'unsee' it."

I'm the same. Whole production of the VW Touareg, Audi Q7 and some of the Porsche Cayennes (some are made in Leipzig- Germany).... VW flagships are made in the country I'm coming from.
    One of the reasons was of course the cost, but another as much important was the QUALITY (due to our heavy industry history) we provide.

So if you pay a premium price, you want a premium product. When I was growing up and learning my father often told me " Do the things properly or don't do it at all" .
    Just my view.
    11-10-16 03:45 PM