So I have been trying to find a store that actually has a BB Passport available to try or even buy.

Today I went into a AT&T store and the kid that worked there said "we don't carry that, you are the first person to ever ask to see one"

The kid then went on to talk poorly about the BB and how it was not a consumer friendly phone and that it did not have a great app world.

I just kept looking at him, thinking to myself that I can not believe you are telling me the consumer that what I want is garbage in your opinion.

He then told me about the Priv and how amazing it is that BB woke up and realized that they needed android to save them.

I was completely beside myself, and annoyed.

Has anyone else ever had an experience like this when going in to get a BB?

And on a side note, I wish BB got the support from the retailers that Apple and Android receives, because then maybe people would have given BB the recognition it deserves which would have driven more developers to create apps for BB.
    11-17-15 06:30 PM
    If you live anywhere in or near New York City, I would recommend going to B&H. Not only they have it in stock, it's the only place I've been to that has it on display to play with. That's where I got my Passport SE two weeks ago and while they did not have the Silver Edition on display, they had the original one. They carry cases and other accessories as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 06:39 PM
    I think we've all had a situation where we were intent on buying something and the store didn't have what we wanted.
    I've encountered young adults in the workplace who are trying their best to be wise, and still need some experience.
    11-17-15 06:43 PM
    Not to get too far off topic... but you did go into a phone/carrier store. I think that type of service is very typical.
    11-17-15 06:46 PM
    Not to get too far off topic... but you did go into a phone/carrier store. I think that type of service is very typical.
    Definitely understand what you mean; I was just annoyed with how it all went down.

Plus I just wish that BB had been better represented by the stores that sold them so that we would not be facing the end of the BB OS.

To be fair, I am new to the BB community - but had I known what I know now about BB I would have never gone through any of my apple or android or even Windows phones. I would have always been a BB user.
    11-17-15 07:03 PM
    I think we've all had a situation where we were intent on buying something and the store didn't have what we wanted.
    I've encountered young adults in the workplace who are trying their best to be wise, and still need some experience.
    You are right, but that was the second AT&T store I had gone to looking for it and when I called AT&T about where I could find a store that had one; the nearest was over an hour away - I live in Tampa - there are AT&T stores on every block around here. Lol
    hec666 likes this.
    11-17-15 07:05 PM
    You are right, but that was the second AT&T store I had gone to looking for it and when I called AT&T about where I could find a store that had one; the nearest was over an hour away - I live in Tampa - there are AT&T stores on every block around here. Lol
    My local AT&T is somewhat good. The one across town is a different story. I think that's ultimately the AT&T issue - is there's such a variance from store to store. Arguably, the stores that do poorly will have a harder time attracting associates, so it's sort of a downward spiral if the location sucks.
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-17-15 09:00 PM
    Same/similar story here in Arizona. Called and been to various AT&T stores and no luck for a test drive...but they will/would've ordered it. Instead, I found one for sale, bought it, and took it into the store for them to activate it for me. I've dealt with the negative BB talk over the years, it doesn't bother me...ESPECIALLY when the punk at the store, and every other AT&T punk couldn't get enough of my PP! (comments: That is HUGE!, Screen is BEAUTIFUL!, Wow, a Keyboard!, First time I've seen one of these!, Can I try it? etc...) I let all of them have their fun, and I went along my merry way!

Don't let all the nay-sayers get to you, it's hip to be unique!!
    T_Studios likes this.
    11-18-15 12:11 PM
    How do you know they were punks? Strange haircuts?
    11-18-15 07:06 PM
    I'm in Tampa also. Well South Tampa.
    I have a original Passport white.
    Send me a message, might be able to let you demo it.
    11-18-15 10:47 PM